GRAW Characters

AJ Riley

Please, if anyone can answer this or show me a link to an article that relates to how the new characters compare to the last GR games.

The Dev Diary 2 says that they are presented in a way we've never seen before (the part towards the end where they pan a 360 around the soldier model). However I'd like to know a bit more about it.

Thanks.

I honestly don't understand what you're asking.  You talking graphics... story... behavior?  What specifically about the characters are you wondering?

Sorry reckless and thank you. First graphically, are they double the polygons? triple? are we going to see some facial emotions? And what kind of interaction will they have with one another that we havent seen in the past? What will make them stand as next gen?

:huh:

Hmm. I can’t recall ever reading how many polys make up the player models (though I’m not saying it hasn’t been said, I just don’t recall reading that info) and, at this point, you can’t really even guess, because most of the vids released lacked high-res textures. It’s still a work in progress, so I’m staying away from judging "graphics" right now. I don’t think it'd be fair making that call this early.

They are much better than GR2, though.

As far as "facial emotions? And what kind of interaction they'll have with one another" ... who the heck knows. I'd like to use the E3 vids as an example and point to the awesome interaction and animation, but those vids really aren't an accurate representation of what GRAW will be... they were just a target for what they wanted the game to be.

They haven’t shown enough single player stuff to get a feel for how your squad is going to act. I don’t think the X5 stuff would be indicative of that either – way too early. Imo, its still “wait and see†for now.

Maybe someone else here knows more about though.

You're right; with all the new MP videos and tiny portions of single player I am just excited about finally experiencing some of the graphics and interactions promised when all these next gen craze started. Hopefully, like u said, we'll get better SP videoss soon; or some more info tomorrow after the developers chat. Peace.