Ammo matter

Does anyone know if we are going to have ammo pool in PC version of GRAW ? Speaking about "ammo pool" i mean that there is some amount of bullets ( 300 for example) and we have clip size ( lets say 20) and when we shot 10 bullets and reload we have 290 bullets and full clip. I noticed that there is an ammo pool in XBox version of GRAW. We also have this problem in PC version of RS : Letdown. I realy hope that GRAW is going to have a number of magazines and when we shot 10 bullets from a 20 round clip and reload, we are going to have this halfway empty magazine in our dump-bag and it will return when we empty rest of the magazines. This is the way it was made in GR1 and SWAT 4 and i can't imagine other solution in REALISTIC TACTICAL SHOOTER.

Ammo pool sucks.

I love it in games when you suffer the consequences of reload fever, which i myself am infested by.

But i would like this option.

When you change mags and finally have a bunch of mags with 5, 17, 3, 9 rounds in them for example, i'd like an option tno 'consolidate'. That means in a quiet time when i'm under cover i can press a key that would have the effect of a very long reload. Basically my character would be consolidating all the rounds from the partially full mags into just a few full ones.

When doing this we might be a bit vulnerable as we are when doing short reloads and also if we see some snecker rushing us in the distance we can cancel the 'consolidation' action and go to 'short reload' and get back in the action.

You guys are gonna think Im a snob, but it is not called a clip it is a magazine, and it is not an ammo pool it is cross leveling, and consolidating and reorganizing.

:D

ROFLMFAOPIMP ! !

And in the heat of battle, I'm sure every single one of us will remember back to this post, and chastise ourselves for not using those definitions, and taking the time to think about it ! !

OMG ! ! :o:rofl::blink::rofl::lol:

Specifically, those CLIPS are used in some of the S&W revolvers, particualrly the model 625 series, chambered for 45ACP, in barrel lengths 3.5", 4", and 6 inch.

What a sweet shooting gun those are too. I used to have one of each. they are collectors items, or were, as there were only 3000 of each one made, at least back in the year they were introduced. I don't know if that has changed since then, though.

But clip is indeed a correct term, and CLIPS were also used in the M1 Garand, held 8 rounds, and loaded in from the top of the receiver.

So, to get really nitpicky like tort did, it depends on what gun you are referring to, whether it takes a clip or a magazine, or for tht matter even a belt. :devil::whistle:

Edited by Specter

But clip is indeed a correct term, and CLIPS were also used in the M1 Garand, held 8 rounds, and loaded in from the top of the receiver.

Of course there are clips. Problem is, 95% of the people in the online world substitute "clip" for magazine.

Idjits.

It isn't just the online world. It's the real world, too. Go take a small survey. You'll be sufficiently amused at how many people, even so-called gun nuts, call everything a clip, and don't use the term magazine.

BtW, the clips for the S&W revolvers come in what they call full moon clips- a single clip that holds 6 rounds, just pops into the cylinder like a speed loader, and a halfmoon clip, which holds 3 rounds.

Edited by Specter

You guys are gonna think Im a snob, but it is not called a clip it is a magazine, and it is not an ammo pool it is cross leveling, and consolidating and reorganizing.

:D

You have to forgive me Tortfeaser, i've never been in army and english is my second language ;) I also believed that "ammo pool" is a term created by me not a military definition :hmm:

@Prozac360,  you really are a genius w/these pics!  LOL, you must have made a pics library, properly catalogued & cross-indexed, etc. in order to be getting them up here so fast! Good show.  :D

No, he models weapons in 3dsmax. He's acomplete weapon nut..oops I said it!, it IS a weapon, not a gun.

If I may quote the movie full metal jacket;

This is my weapon and this is my gun(grabs crotch), this one's for killing and this one's(grab crotch again) for fun.... :rofl: