PC Info

Colin

In truth we are not being kept waiting.

We are part of a well planned Ubisoft Schedual.

So far we have had Information on the Alpha Build, this included screen shots and

Comments in WK77 Interview With Bo etc in Germany.

We have had information on the Beta, and Screen shots.

We have had information from the Development Team and soon to have some more.

This info post tells all.

GRNET Info Section

You may ask why no info lateley, well its kind of obvious really, the Xbox 360 is taking up a lot of time and preperation, this is their first real next generation game on 360, it has to go right.

We will get information but not just yet.

I seem to recal that a lot of you back a few weeks ago gave RSE and Ubisoft France a right hard time because of some dodgy video gameplay and poor screens shots, that appeared to be done in very low resolution.

These forums went manic for about 2 weeks during that fiasco.

And now you wonder why the PC info is a bit thin on the ground.

I would and Im sure most of you would like to see Video footage and some more screen shots.

And you will when Ubi is ready, When the Dev Team is ready.

I dont want to look at a game that is not yet finished, this causes too much agro.

As has been seen in the past with material that is not finished.

Grin have 5 to 6 weeks to finsh this game, let em get on with it.

Colin

hmmm not so sure i agree...

Shouldn't the art assets be finished?

Shouldn't the game be in final bug testing bug squashing mode?

Wouldn't that mean a Feature cut off.

Is it realy in that rough of shape we're all going to loose it if we saw a video?

are the system requirements still up in the air?

Wanna know what i think?

I think GRAW pc kicks GRAW 360's Ass and i think the 360 kids will be the ones crying for our version of the game this time around.

I think that Grin and thier military experience have (hopefully) made something better than GR1 ( in my head at least).

But these are just guesses... cause i haven't seen the game in action and i wouldn't be surprised if they wait till the week of the release to hit us with the PC Promotion in order to not confuse and anger the console fans.

of course this is all just hopefull thinking.

Shouldn't the art assets be finished?

Shouldn't the game be in final bug testing bug squashing mode?

Wouldn't that mean a Feature cut off.

I would imagine yes but the delay has given them things to add and tweak/Polish.

Is it realy in that rough of shape we're all going to loose it if we saw a video?

I suspect the video has already been done and waiting to go online.

I think GRAW pc kicks GRAW 360's Ass and i think the 360 kids will be the ones crying for our version of the game this time around.

I think that Grin and thier military experience have (hopefully) made something better than GR1 ( in my head at least).

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

We dont see anything hopefullyt there just trying to make it like....

BAM! in yo face!

but on the other side, Theres only 25 or so PC screenshots, theres only 1 Cheaply recorded video of the PC GRAW from germany... We havent seen jack didly IMO and at this point in the development they should be nearing finish really soon.

This sets them up pretty bad I would think unless they got it right.

Look at "Letdown" They had to make a community counsil to report what needs to be changed in it. Is graw PC going to be the same?

Its got me worried slightly, but on the other hand we do see Bo on here from time to time wich is a good thing.

Edited by Prozac360

Look at "Letdown" They had to make a community counsil to report what needs to be changed in it. Is graw PC going to be the same?

The community council is actually for future R6 games, not Lockdown. That was confirmed by the community manager, I don't have the Ubi link handy.

It seems to me that only a month or so before release, we should be seeingsomething, that even a demo should maybe be out.

And I wouldn't bllame the community fo anything, as far as nfo release goes. very game out theere has nay saers and worshippers alike, and every game from just about every publisher goes through the same thing that GRAW has gone through with this community.

Even with GR, a month or so before release we had info and a beta.

But in any case, this close to release, there is no real reaso to blame lack of anything on the community. It's all on the publisher now, and this has been Ubi's modus operendi for a long time.

It's close enough now, that if they really want to mmake money and sell the title when it release, that they need to start releasing serious information. JMO.

That, and we all deserve to know what's what now. After all, most off us have waited 4 years for this not to mention beenn seriously let down by GR2.

It's close enough to time, and the product is supposedly all finished except for being polished. We even got aLockdown Demo a month before it's release. We can at least havee some info and final sscreenies of GRAW. JMO, of course.

It seems to me that only a month or so before release, we should be seeingsomething, that even a demo should maybe be out.

And I wouldn't bllame the community fo anything, as far as nfo release goes.  very game out theere has nay saers and worshippers alike, and every game from just about every publisher goes through the same thing that GRAW has gone through with this community.

Even with GR, a month or so before release we had info and a beta.

But in any case, this close to release, there is no real reaso to blame lack of anything on the community.  It's all on the publisher now, and this has been Ubi's modus operendi for a long time.

It's close enough now, that if they really want to mmake money and sell the title when it release, that they need to start releasing serious information.  JMO.

That, and we all deserve to know what's what now.  After all, most off us have waited 4 years for this not to mention beenn seriously let down by GR2.

It's close enough to time, and the product is supposedly all finished except for being polished.  We even got aLockdown Demo a month before it's release.  We can at least  havee  some info and final sscreenies of GRAW.  JMO, of course.

I guess there's two ways to look at the lack of info.

They don't want to promise and not deliver. Or the game is haveing more problems than they can talk about.

UBi for one is a huge marketing campaign in itself. So not releasing much video on a monumental game could be a bad sign.

The only thing we the PC gamers have to be concerned with, is will it feel like a port. If it doesn't and theres been enough information leading to, not. Than the whispers behind closed doors won't matter.

Just remember the last game you waited for, as soon as you buy it, all the delays and lack of information won't matter.

Wanna know what i think?

Wow, that was mature.

360 kids? Yeah, all the GR console fans are a bunch of 8 year olds. <_<

Ignorant post...good job.

I'll be getting both version...and I would be surprised if either one "kicks the others ass". I really expect both to be great.

As much as I love pc games I can't stand that ignorant pc elitist attitude.

I will say this though, I do wish the 360 version had the weapon view. But then I get the best of both worlds....pc and 360.

It wouldnt be the first time I seen console gammers wishing they had a pc instead.

but to each their own. I seen plenty of pc gamers wanting console games, but gamepads really do kill FPS games.

Edited by Prozac360

Colin, no offence because i really do respect your input here on GR net, but you really do seem to bend over backwards to accomodate juat about anything from UBI concerning GRAW.

You comments dont make any sense though. This close to release there is no way any footage would be so bad that it would misrepresent the game. Look at all the Console stuff, so that can't be the reason.

Even if they are concentrating on the 360 launch, it's not exactly a huge drain on corporate resources to send GRIN the ok to release a few screen shots and a bit of game play footage. In fact my guess is that GRIN are eager to do just that but are contractually restrained from doing so.

I doubt the reason is that the game is in such a mess that they are afraid to show it. I don't know if it will be so great that the 360 GRAW players will be 'in-console-able' (just my little joke there). It's probably about as good looking and in the same stage, maybe more advanced, as it's console cousin.

That leaves the theory posited by my 'why we wait' post. They simply, for many reasons, want to promote the console version and not the pc version. It even explains why the pc version is supposed to be released a couple of weeks after the 360 GRAW. Fit's perfectly with my theory. About a week after the launch and a week before the PC launch, when all the grab buys of the console version have happened, we will suddenly be hit by a marketing blitz for GRAW PC.

To be honest, as much as i dont like it, i totally undersand their thinking on this. They must be well aware of the massive number of people who played GR1 online on the pc with pirated coppies, thats got to burn game devs naturally. The console versions made more money and was far far less pirated. The 360 is their safest way to ensure they get payment for as many players of their games as possible.

I've played pirated games like almost everyone. In the case of games that i loved andwanted to play for a long time like GR1, OpFlash, HL2, Rome:TW, FarCry . . then i went out and bought them. But there has been enough players who never buy a game at all to sour the industry a bit on us pc players so we can't really complain too muc when they treat us like poor relations.

At this stage I'd expect the game developers to be squishing bugs, yes... But I tell ya - this is not a calm and gentle process some people think it is... It's damn stressful. If you've ever gone through it - you dread the idea. And since it's done in the final stages of the game (when the shipping date is moving closer) it's even more hectic.

Even though taking screens and pretty videos for us fans is handled by PR and marketing - they end up taking precious QC time away from the dev teams, because they can't do it by themselves. If the company is as big as EA, they can create a whole department for rendering. Small companies can't afford to do that.

And anyway, I bet most of the marketing budget is dedicated to the XBOX. XBOX be damned!

But I'd rather them fix bugs an that, make the game well - make sure every feature is tight. Take that as respect, guys. Polishing and tightening all the bolts is a compliment to the fans.

It wouldnt be the first time I seen console gammers wishing they had a pc instead.

but to each their own. I seen plenty of pc gamers wanting console games, but gamepads really do kill  FPS games.

Of course, there are good games on both platforms.

As for the mouse or controller...well that's an opinion really. I like both and have no problem with either one. But like you said, to each his own.

In most cases I will pick the pc if there is both a pc and console version of a game. For some reason I like Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon on console better though. This time GR could be a little different because they are 2 different games....we will see. Rainbow 6 on the other hand was just so much better on pc that I didn't spend but 5 minutes with the xbox version. It was so bad that I just put it away and ran to my pc to play Raven Shield before my opinion of UBI was permanently damaged.

Brainster, you might like the controller but surely you dont think that it's 'as good' a tool for control and aiming as a mouse and keyboard do you?

I'm pretty sure that an average player on a mouse/keyboard could whup a good player who is using a controller.

Brainster, you might like the controller but surely you dont think that it's 'as good' a tool for control and aiming as a mouse and keyboard do you?

I'm pretty sure that an average player on a mouse/keyboard could whup a good player who is using a controller.

I believe that if you search, you'll find that there is a big old thread on that very thing in and around here somewheres, and i believe it even got locked.

I'd suggest looking that thread up, and NOT taking this thread down that road.

JMO. :whistle:

Wanna know what i think?

Wow, that was mature.

360 kids? Yeah, all the GR console fans are a bunch of 8 year olds. <_<

Ignorant post...good job.

I'll be getting both version...and I would be surprised if either one "kicks the others ass". I really expect both to be great.

As much as I love pc games I can't stand that ignorant pc elitist attitude.

I will say this though, I do wish the 360 version had the weapon view. But then I get the best of both worlds....pc and 360.

Sorry you took my post that way...

I did not mean kids in a derogitory way (heck i think of myself as a big kid some times)

no reason to call me ignorant.

And i don't think that my attitude was elitist either i wasn't saying that the PC was better than the Xbox360 i just think (hope more like it) that the PC version will be dramaticly different than what i have seen of the 360 vids and i think that difference may be the reason for a lack of info.

besides isn't this the PC forum?

Of course mouse has an advantage..you can turn at warp speeds. On top of that you almost can't miss when you're using a mouse. That said I do like both and have no problem with either one.

I just made a topic on the ubi boards about this last week I think.

Sorry you took my post that way...

I did not mean kids in a derogitory way (heck i think of myself as a big kid some times)

no reason to call me ignorant.

And i don't think that my attitude was elitist either i wasn't saying that the PC was better than the Xbox360 i just think (hope more like it) that the PC version will be dramaticly different than what i have seen of the 360 vids and i think that difference may be the reason for a lack of info.

besides isn't this the PC forum?

If I misunderstood you I apologize. I wasn’t calling you ignorant, just the post or idea that console gamers are for kids. The times are changing and consoles are played by both young and old now a days. :shifty:

Anyway, I don’t think you have much to worry about. My guess is that GRAW on pc will be very different than the 360 version. I mean they look nothing alike and don’t even share the weapon view point. I think the pc version will be similar to the Rainbow 6 & [Ghost Recon] games only with some added physics and whatnot. That’s a good thing IMO as both were really great games.

As for what version will be better…I think neither one really. I expect the multiplayer on the 360 to be similar to GR2 on Xbox and probably a tad deeper. The single player on the 360 really looks like it has gotten a lot more tactical than GR2 from what I have seen so far. The 1UP video of the single player looked really nice.

The PC version I think is going to be exactly what the pc fans want. It’s going to be a bigger, better version of the original. I’m thinking people on both sides will be very happy when it’s all said and done.

And I think they are focusing or promoting the 360 version because that’s where they will make the most $. It’s a sad but true fact that the 360 in the long run will far out sale the pc version. I’m not saying the pc version won’t make $, just that the 360 version will make a lot more when it’s all said and done.

Also I’m sure there is some truth to the console fans wanting the pc version. When they finally show some pc footage the console fans are going to throw a fit. The main reason will be the first person weapon view that the 360 fans were not given. There are a lot of unhappy GR 360 fans and when they see the game running and in 1st person with a weapon they will be angry all over again. You’ll hear a lot of “forget the 360 version, I’m upgrading my pc” and stuff like that. Oh man, I can see it now. It’s going to be a mad house on the console boards. :o

I want a demo to see how well it will run on my pc. I’m almost positive I’ll have to upgrade my gpu on my pc. I say “my pc” but really I’m using my new pc I just got at work. It’s a damn decent pc other than the video card..plenty ram, decent cpu, crap gpu. I have a baby on the way and just couldn’t spend the $ on upgrading my pc at the time. Unfortunately I would have had to upgrade my cpu, gpu & motherboard (and I really wanted a new lcd monitor) so I decided to wait until around Christmas 06. I didn’t see a lot of things coming out for PC other than GRAW at the time so I figured I could wait. So I sold my old pc and used the $ for the 360….just important too save that $ when you have a baby on the way. The cool thing is that as soon as I sold my pc I got a new one at work. So now the worst case would be upgrading my gpu.

Not only that but I’m not going to have the time for pc when the baby is born. I’m like a crack head with pc and my wife would be all over my butt if I was in the office and not helping with the baby. So it would not have been very rewarding to spend the $ on the pc and not be able to play with it. So come the end of 06 or early 07 I’ll build the pc I want.

... The times are changing and consoles are played by both young and old now a days.

... As for what version [GR:AW PC or Console] will be better, I think neither one really... I’m thinking people on both sides will be very happy when it’s all said and done.

... I have a baby on the way and just couldn’t spend the $ on upgrading my pc at the time.  Not only that but I’m not going to have the time for pc when the baby is born.  I’m like a crack head with pc and my wife would be all over my butt if I was in the office and not helping with the baby.

@BIGOLBRAIN, good commentary!

IMO you've hit the nail on the head re the older than 20's crowd moving more & more to consider console - a friend of mine has xBox360 +HDTV & COD2 on this is nothing short of awesome; mind, the big screen makes a huge difference. From your thoughts re GR:AW PC vs. console, you seem a positive kinda' guy: a great quality for a father! So, I'm straying momentarily :offtopic: ... CONGRATULATIONS! & sounds like you're on a safe track re taking care to avoid possible/potential troubles w/your wife... :whistle:

... The times are changing and consoles are played by both young and old now a days.

... As for what version [GR:AW PC or Console] will be better, I think neither one really... I’m thinking people on both sides will be very happy when it’s all said and done.

... I have a baby on the way and just couldn’t spend the $ on upgrading my pc at the time.  Not only that but I’m not going to have the time for pc when the baby is born.  I’m like a crack head with pc and my wife would be all over my butt if I was in the office and not helping with the baby.

@BIGOLBRAIN, good commentary!

IMO you've hit the nail on the head re the older than 20's crowd moving more & more to consider console - a friend of mine has xBox360 +HDTV & COD2 on this is nothing short of awesome; mind, the big screen makes a huge difference. From your thoughts re GR:AW PC vs. console, you seem a positive kinda' guy: a great quality for a father! So, I'm straying momentarily :offtopic: ... CONGRATULATIONS! & sounds like you're on a safe track re taking care to avoid possible/potential troubles w/your wife... :whistle:

Thanks Janie. :)

Getting back to Colin's post, if the game is really going to be released ontime, then I really cannot believe that the game is so far away from finished that what they have is not able to be shown, even a a small way.

Lets face it those screenies on the website they have now have either been out for ages or just some weapons models that could have been done years ago for anything.

If the delivery date is still March end, then surely they are leaving 1 month for packaging and world wide shipping etc, that means the game is supposed to be done and dusted pretty much by now, with 3 weeks only left for small bugfixing.

Hell guys- What's with the big secret squirrel deal on this game, Maybe its not us taking ourselves too seriously this time- but UBI? :nono:

JF

PS. Colin you start yr post with >

"................In truth we are not being kept waiting.We are part of a well planned Ubisoft Schedual.................". I have been *waiting* for a sequel to GR since I cant remember when, as we all have, and I have never seen anything "well planned" from UBI ever - cept maybe delay announcements!. :D - lets hope we see GRAW before the next time this guy turns up is all-------> :santa:

Edited by JFSebastian

Sometimes, releasing video upon video only allows the consumer to form thier own expectation on what the game should be.

As someone else stated, if they release the game all of a sudden with little or no marketing than the satisfied meter may be increased.

I in the past like the fact that some game makers flood you with videos and demos. Yet after the game is released and you buy it, for some reason it looses it's magic of being a new game.

I don't find it funny or satisfying to know that the 360 version may not be good. I hope that all platforms some how prosper from this monumental release.

Instead of defacing consoles, because you don't have one. Maybe you should learn to live with them. After all, we already have something in common.......We like to play games.