new mod in the making..

natsanwa

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a weapon suggestion.... What about Rambo's bow? Two different types, one with the ordinary arrowheads, one with the explosive arrow heads.... :lol:

Definitely - and fix it so that one's in the primary weapon slot, one in the secondary?

Worth releasing this as a little standalone wep mod, too?

:rofl:

Theo

I've got a weapon suggestion.... What about Rambo's bow? Two different types, one with the ordinary arrowheads, one with the explosive arrow heads.... :lol:

Definitely - and fix it so that one's in the primary weapon slot, one in the secondary?

Worth releasing this as a little standalone wep mod, too?

:rofl:

Theo

You'd need new animations for it though, and new helper points (don't foget, you can't hold or operate it like a rifle or pistol).

So anyway, can we have that blunderbuss in this mod?

Yeah go on, make it!

Nat, what's your thoughts on doing a trailer for this mod? I've prepared an audio sequence for the trailer for it already. We'd be able to show off your models and my sounds etc with the trailer (it could work as a double entendre, it could work for my DF mod too, as the same sounds and some of the same weapon models will be in the DF mod.) I know just the person to put the trailer visuals together....

nice one!

so are there any guns left that you haven't done yet, nat? :lol:

:D

CC

WW2 era flamethrower? :lol:

hahahaha...... <_< - you gotta try these thing's eh? (i've already tried a flamethrower! :P )

well anyway..... here's the crossbow in game. it took a while to get the projectile working how i wanted (ages in fact)

as it is at the moment, you have a slight drop over distance (i mean, it's not a sniper rifle) but it's well satisying when you hit a target having had to judge the shot. :ph34r: get in!..... ilike it anyway.

so wd....you reckon you could come up with a bow sound? :)

shot1do4.th.jpg

shot2sa0.th.jpg

shot3wh3.th.jpg

c'mon...you gotta love it!

Love it natsanwa. I know how troublesome projectiles are. I tried to win over the most pointless mod title, by making a nerf dartgun mod, but I couldnt get the projectiles to move correctly so I gave up. I love the crossbow though.

You'd need new animations for it though, and new helper points (don't foget, you can't hold or operate it like a rifle or pistol).

Could you use a standard kit-switching animation, every time you reload the crossbow? Not *completely* realistic, but hey, the kit-switch happens so fast you can't really see what's going on anyway. Well, I can't.

Those little screenies look pretty good as far as stance etc go, for the rest...

;)

Theo

Could you use a standard kit-switching animation, every time you reload the crossbow? Not *completely* realistic, but hey, the kit-switch happens so fast you can't really see what's going on anyway. Well, I can't.

Those little screenies look pretty good as far as stance etc go, for the rest...

;)

Theo

I was referring to the Rambo Bow. That would be impossible for the Rambo bow anyway, because of where the right and left hands would go by default. We all know that longbowmen would have held the bow with their left hand, and pulled the bow-string thingy with their right hand (regardless of whether they were left or right handed). To pull that off, we'd have to se the helper in GR so that the player using the bow is left handed - something that cannot be changed (you can make soldiers left handed in GR).

• 3 weeks later...

hey all. been busy making stuff for other people lately, it's more fun that way!! im currently on the scrounge for some decent ksvk pics - if anyone knows where i can find some, could ya let me know? i gotta get this done for a good friend. :)

anyway, for now - heres something i started on last night. aw50...

aw501rq3.th.jpg

aw502uy6.th.jpg

aw503ho0.th.jpg

needs a fair bit of tinkering, but it's early days......

dmr3srs8.th.jpg

more m14's! dmr this time though. this is getting silly......

by the way, if anyone wants any of these wep's for whatever, and cant be bothered waiting for the release - just drop me a pm and ill send 'em to ya.

Edited by natsanwa

• 2 months later...

nice one!

CC

hahahaha...... <_< - you gotta try these thing's eh? (i've already tried a flamethrower! :P )

well anyway..... here's the crossbow in game. it took a while to get the projectile working how i wanted (ages in fact)

as it is at the moment, you have a slight drop over distance (i mean, it's not a sniper rifle) but it's well satisying when you hit a target having had to judge the shot. :ph34r: get in!..... ilike it anyway.

shot1do4.th.jpg

shot2sa0.th.jpg

shot3wh3.th.jpg

Did this crossbow ever come to anything, gents? Standalone or incorporated into another mod?

I'm thinking stealthy snowy :blink:

Theo

nice one!

CC

shot1do4.th.jpg

shot2sa0.th.jpg

shot3wh3.th.jpg

Did this crossbow ever come to anything, gents? Standalone or incorporated into another mod?

I'm thinking stealthy snowy :blink:

Theo

been nailing a few test subjects with it just this weekend....

mig