Poll: GRAW Expansion Pack Area

Where in the world would you like to see the Ghosts go next  

251 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I haven't voted yet, Sri Lanka would be a great place to send the Ghosts. In Debt of Honor, the Indians are making a bit of a play towards the island nation and the Tamil Tigers who are seeking autonomy over the Sinhalese government as the Sinhalese have pushed the Tamils out of practically everywhere. Having the Ghosts go there would be a great idea.

While I haven't voted yet, Sri Lanka would be a great place to send the Ghosts. In Debt of Honor, the Indians are making a bit of a play towards the island nation and the Tamil Tigers who are seeking autonomy over the Sinhalese government as the Sinhalese have pushed the Tamils out of practically everywhere. Having the Ghosts go there would be a great idea.

Tom Clancy Book? How about that scenario with the a hostile country attacking using merchant ships and something about using LSTs and hoovercraft. I think its in that Tom Clancy Marine book. Its in the back part. I gotta dig it out now.

I chose Middle East & North Africa because a) mix of well-known & less-in-the-news countries, so should facilitate offer of new locales/new storylines; b) lots of RL political/of military interest goings-on always!; 3) geographically can provide maps set in every type of env't from desert to snowy mountains, big city or small village, etc.

Tom Clancy Book? How about that scenario with the a hostile country attacking using merchant ships and something about using LSTs and hoovercraft.  I think its in that Tom Clancy Marine book. Its in the back part.  I gotta dig it out now.

In the same book, Japan is using car carriers to offload Land Cruisers onto Saipan after taking over the island nation. They ferried thousands of troops in to try and rig elections in favor of Japanese government by saying all Japanese are allowed to vote even if they lived in hotels (condos for the sake of the vote) or what not.

I voter Eurasia, because, it has the most potential for varied landscapes and structures. Most people voted in the landscape poll on Snow maps, but the runners-up could be accomodated too, namely Forest areas and Jungles.

My other point is that the story really doesn't matter in the Rainbow Series (GR) included, because... well.. because it's Tom Clancy. No story - see. Go there, kill them, the end. So it's just a matter of purty environments.

The big things I would want is non urban warfare. With the game its all urban warefar, and thats fine, but with an expansion pack I would like to see no urban maps to give us some contrast in multiplayer.

Having said that I think a story could very easily have maps that envolved several of these types. Mountians, wooded forests, snow, fields, rough jagged terrain. I would like to see that kind of diversity in the expansion pack.

Iran, to shut down their nuclear program and assinate the president. Why? cause it really needs to be done, then a nice (short) mission in a holiday resort on some desert island with lots of chicks so we can party on after the shooting stops.

JF. :lol::yes:

Edited by JFSebastian

Very nice JF god thinking :D. Got my vote haha.

I actually voted Africa, I'd like to see animals incorporated into the game. Like, when you move around and an animal notices you and starts runing away, so then the enemy will be able to see you. Ahh nevermind that I guess I'm asking for too much.

Next version of Ghost Recon hahahha.

Asia was already done in GR2

east europe was done in GR1, as was africa and cuba(which is kind of like southern asia in terms of terrain and such)

GR3 is in mexico city.

This leaves Austrailia, Western Europe, America and Canada

since this game is kind of based on alternate futures dont know if the middle east would be an appropriate choice given whats going on now and what would be goin on in about 7 years.

if the urban combat is very good in GRAW maybe they should try to do more urban stuff. Rural and suburban maps might be cool. "enemies spotted at the mcdonalds, they have minivan support!"

Edited by Whistle

east asia- jungles, rivers, tunnels, villages, mountains, temples and cities. i love the whole "helo drop" thing they've got workin in this. a "vietnam or korea revisited" with better weapons and technology this time. air strikes to be called in with carpet bombing to clear trees and enemy bunkers (assuming we get destructable environments) ....droooool....

maybe a beachhead insertion or two.....

I also vote europe! Europe is a great place for it! There are various

climates here, a lot of very different terrain types and there are a lot

of great cities to mimic parts of! Just to name a few:

- Amsterdam

- Paris

- Berlin

- Madrid

- Barcelona

- Rome

- Milan

- Napoli

- Vienna

Personally, now that I look at my list, Italy would be a great location

to set the next episode (provided it doesn't get set back into oblivion

like GR2 of course). I can see it now, playing the Alps, vinyards, cities,

beaches (Italian beaches rule! :))

Hope this'll give you some ideas. Also, perhaps a good idea would be

just a giant map/weapons pack. Just ditch that and come up with a lot

of really good, well balanced, interesting multiplayer maps.

How about Scandinavia? I lot of people want mountains, snow, forests, rivers, etc. And I bet the GRIN guys would love to make some places they're familiar with. I'd think some old European cities with narrow streets and/or cool architecture would be awesome.

The Balkans would be a cool location too.

Canada could provide some cool locations, but I can't imagine why anyone would be fighting there.

I don't have too much against Jungles or Africa, but I personally already got enough of them in the GR expansions. Jungles in these games never have enough cover, and seldom have interesting buildings to make up for it. Actually now that I think of it a little more Jungle maps always seem the same to me, given the limitations of rendering lots of vegatation in a game.

There's not much cover in Desert/Savanah maps and moving from one arid region to another for the expansion might not be the best idea, especially if there are maps already in the game in the area surrounding Mexico City (I don't know if there will be or not). Animals would be cool like someone mentioned, but I really wouldn't feel like having a wide, flat map with only a few trees on it

Edited by Thoramir

The good old US of A, somewhere like Tulsa Oklahoma.

Those of you who think the US is not vulnerable to an attack you should think again. One small nuke tipped scud detinated at the right height above the country would basically knock us back into the stone age via EMP. Someone wrote a boook on it recently but I dont recall the title.

Anyway... this is how I see it. A sucd, or several, launch from mexico and or boats/subs positioned at sea. Bang! Big EMP trouble.... The mexican boarder, now totaly monitored elctronically is bascially wide open. A large insurgent force moves northward seizing cities, piplines, oil infrastructure and etc. Battles rage... the Ghosts are tasked with missions behind the lines in various locations along the enemy axis of advance. Perhaps the player would be a SEAL in one mission and a Ranger in the next.

One mission might be to extract former president George W. Bush from his Texas ranch.

The situation turns dier when Dick Cheney picks up a shotgun to help defend the ranch and accidently shoots the former president in the ass. The ghosts, with the wounded Bush in tow and Dick Cheney safely disarmed must fight their way back to the nearest safe exfiltration point.

Edited by chilly-willy

I want to see.... the Ghost Land in South Korea to Protect PRESIDENT ROH

From an Assassination that will Harm the US democracy involvment in that Regon

there is a Large group of Korean Thugs that want to Over throw the Goverment

in Hopes of takeing South Korea to war with the west.

and North Korea is supporting the thugs with every thing they Need for the planed

Take Over of the South!

To Distract West away from North Koreas nuclear weapons program!

Korea, South

Eastern Asia, southern half of the Korean Peninsula bordering the Sea of Japan and the Yellow Sea

Geographic coordinates:

37 00 N, 127 30 E

Map references:

Asia

Area:

total: 98,480 sq km

land: 98,190 sq km

water: 290 sq km

Area - comparative:

slightly larger than Indiana

Land boundaries:

total: 238 km