TeamXbox MP Hands-on

Arachneya

The mutliplayer campaign will only have 4 missions upon release with the promise of more to come.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but downloadable content isn't easy to come by. Every game I have experienced with downloadable content doesn't have stuff released till many months later and there isn't even a guarantee you will get it. Future co-op content is just a nicer way of saying this portion of the game is an unfinished product. I'm still going to get GRAW because the MP looks great, but I know going into it that the co-op isn't going to be what it usually is, and that's sad. :(

wow, to be honest i didnt even realize.. i thought i heard that every "sp campaign" mission was playable in coop. THIS ISN"T TRUE?????? thats a big dissappointment for me personally. i guess it makes sense, since the sp and mp was done by different devs.

Edited by OPSIXDELTA

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter multi-action is an up to sixteen player competitive contest equipped with many of the game modes you know and love. On top of the standard competitive play is cooperative co-op action which allows the full online crowd (yep - 16 player co-op) to complete single player missions. As we mentioned earlier, System Link is alive and kicking, not to mention split screen action for those gaming traditionalists.

The multiplayer game modes are as follows: Team Objective, Solo Elimination, Solo Territory, Campaign, Co-Op Elimination, Co-Op Territory, Co-Op Objective, Team Elimination, Team Territory, Solo Objective.

All signs lead to Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter’s multiplayer portion being the first Xbox Live title that you just can’t get enough of (besides Geometry Wars of course). One big key to the fun has to do with unmanned surveillance robots that hover above the battlefield.

Contra-Dictory - A uniquely deep co-op campaign

“We really wanted to give something to the online GR fans who’ve been supporting us,†explains Lacy, “so we’ve made an independent multiplayer co-op campaign, which is spun off of the Mexican campaign.†The events in Mexico destabilise Nicaragua, so the Ghosts are sent off to solve the problem in a bloody and violent manner – just like Ronald Reagan’s cheeky Iran-Contra campaign of the 1980s.

The campaign is divided up into three chapters of four missions each, and each mission can take any combination of 1-4 players. The objectives are built around rewarding players that work together and plan their approaches, covering each other, like a real special forces team. More levels and campaigns will be available for download over Xbox Live in the months after release.

Just a couple of confirmation points on the MP side.

Interesting quote from the recent gamespot hands-on...

In addition to all these solo and team-based competitive types, the game will ship with a four-mission, online-only cooperative campaign that Arrington described as "chapter one." Depending on player response and future plans with Xbox Live Marketplace, this campaign may be fleshed out with future chapters, though specific availability is yet to be determined.