A funeral for baconbomb

Earl

I've been thinking for a long time about removing the various websites I've had for RS/GR mods, because at this point there were too many sub-sections for too much unecessary information.

But then I saw a really nice website by (for) graphic designer. It had no subpages, no intro, probably less that 100 words total, and you could get everywhere important with one click from the index page. Within a minute or two you had knew as much as you needed about the guy and his work. I tried something similar by making 'posters' with the best images from each project - a few of them turned out quite nice, others not so nice.

So, in loving memory of baconbomb modworks:

http://www.baconbomb.com/modworks/

If anybody knows where Vympel and CdnOps2 are still hosted, I'll update the links, though I doubt it'll be getting much download traffic.

Canadian operatives 2 can be downloaded here.

Canadian operatives patch can be downloaded here.

This is a while ago, I hope those are the ones you are looking for.

[EDIT]Oh I forgot, I will check my backup CD's for that other one if no one already has a link for you tonight.

Edited by el nino foxhound

Earl, has there been some information loss in the process? Mod details etc?

Thanks for continuing to support your mods/sites. I really hate to see sites slip off to 404 heaven, or worse still search engine redirects, so it's great to know your site will be around for some time to come.

any links to patch Standard Upgrade?

The link to the SU patch is on Earl's site.

-edit-

The link seems to be broken.

Sorry to see the pages go to Earl, was just looking at the Vympel section the other day. Glad you're not taking the site down all together though.

Edited by Suicide Commando

Thanks guys.

@Rocky - info loss? the redesign was done with the assumption that anybody who is looking for the downloads already heard about the mod somehwere else and just needs quick links to download. i'm not trying to sell the mod to new visitors. specific details are in the readme.txt for install instructions etc.

I'll fix the link for the SU patch, thanks for the heads up. I'll also add the downloads for Vympel and CdnOps2.

@element11, the separate pages were justified back in the day, but now it's just too many links to follow. At the moment the main purpose of the site is to give an overview of projects I've made (for visitors who probably don't have the games installed anymore). Secondly give quick links to download the projects in case anybody actually needs that anymore.