IGN preview and multiplayer videos

Colin

Is this image concept art or is this in-game graphics?

Could Serellan or someone comment that?

Although I am not authoritative, I am almost certain that is just CGI, not in-engine (certainly not in-game).

By the way, as a side note, has no one noticed that this article is also accompanied by a load of new screenshots?

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/736/736206/imgs_1.html

I think the best image is this one: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/736/736...mg_3344064.html

Edited by Novakog

Speaking of having the camera tighter to the body, what about this precision aiming view? Are we going to be able to play with this view activated all of the time, or is it only to zoom (and shoot) from the normal OTS. I think, if this view was activated (and locked) by the server, we can have the luxury of having and OTS view, and eliminating the OTS exploitations.

Does anyone know?

Can the precision aiming view be played as the primary view, and the zoom would be scoped?

Speaking of having the camera tighter to the body, what about this precision aiming view? Are we going to be able to play with this view activated all of the time, or is it only to zoom (and shoot) from the normal OTS. I think, if this view was activated (and locked) by the server, we can have the luxury of having and OTS view, and eliminating the OTS exploitations.

Does anyone know?

Can the precision aiming view be played as the primary view, and the zoom would be scoped?

Good question. You ever notice, though, that most games that have a close-up view like that are really hard to turn when it’s activated. Like... when you zoom in, just turning around takes five times longer than it should? I wonder if GRAW will be like that. And I hope it snaps to that view quickly, so using it doesn’t become cumbersome. I liked how in those FAKE E3 vids the perspective snapped from the OTSV to the FABRICATED FPWV almost instantly. That’s how you need to do that.

Edited by recklessmind

en4rcment, I think it had to do with the UAV being directly above them. In other words, since the enemy could still be see via crosscom, the red tag was still on him, to a lesser extent.

On the co-op question, Arrington said in the interview 16 players are supported with difficulty scalability based on how many people are playing (16 players in a room assumes the host has a decent connection, something most people on Live don't seem to understand as folks assume they are running on dedicated servers). Since you start with a squad of 4, I'm not sure if that means 4 squads of 4 are allowed in the online co-op in Nicaragua. If so, co-op could become immensely popular.

'Wish Serellan could clear up the details regrading online co-op.

I also wanna point out that hiding the TrueSkill Ranking behind the Private to General ranking was a nice touch I hope we see in more games.

I'd hope it's based on where the drone happens to be, if the drone can see someone they get a red diamond, if they hide from the drone, or take it out, the diamond dissapears. That'd add a pretty cool dimension to it.

edit:oops, didn't realise there was more pages when I hit fast reply.

^^^^what they said.

Edited by stevenmu

Wow am I really excited for this game. This will be my first Ghost Recon game... Ive been a diehard PS2, SOCOM II user for the past 2.5 years. Im looking for the tactical military XBOX360 game to keep me from missing my SOCOM and from regretting selling it...

Edited by Wardog35