fix bayonets

audiolab

I think the game is looking into the future of warfare...these days most battles are fought from miles away with GPS missiles and long range munitions. I understand the up close and personal stuff still goes on....(knife kills in Battlefield 2).....I'm more of a silenced pistol in the back of the skull kinda guy....lol

In one way, I can see your point.

Yes, modern weapons do still have bayonet mounts for CQB (Close quarter battle) use, but other than in hand to hand fighting, anything that makes your weapon longer, reduces mobility and effectiveness.

Even in today's warfare, it's rare to fight with fixed bayonets on the battlefield and how many times in GR 2 did you get close enough to use a bayonet?

In one way, I can see your point.

Yes, modern weapons do still have bayonet mounts for CQB (Close quarter battle) use, but other than in hand to hand fighting, anything that makes your weapon longer, reduces mobility and effectiveness.

Even in today's warfare, it's rare to fight with fixed bayonets on the battlefield and how many times in GR 2 did you get close enough to use a bayonet?

when you run out of ammo you better believe "fix bayonets" command is still valid! It's why we still use the bayonet course in BCT. Not getting nasty, but who are you guys to say what is still valid on the battlefield? Which of you experts has served in the infantry within the last 4 years? Awaiting your reply.

If you read my post again, you will see that I specifically recognise the necessity for the bayonet in close quarters and refer to the previous GR2 titles' absense of hand to hand action as reason enough not to bother with sharp, pointy bits.

As for the last four years, you obviously have age on your side, whereas the last standard issue infantry weapon I used was the FAL 7.62 SLR. more than twenty years ago and yes bayonets were used in action at that time, but only where there was the possibility of close quarter combat.