Ghost Recon.net Forums

Lots of new GRAW shots.

Single player looks badass. MP looks like GR2 to me. :( I just know im going to love playing the campaign, and once I get through it and go to play the multiplayer im going to be asking, "huh, is this even the same game??"

I just got a bad feeling about all these different engines and dev teams making a game that doesn't suffer from identity crisis and let people down.

good find on the link.

Really, if you think the MP looks like Ghost Recon 2...really do play GR2 right now, cause i've done that recently and GRAW MP clearly is the winner.

He's not talking about textures and slick graphics, man. Why is this a hard thing for people to grasp?

Single player and Multiplayer look very different. And Multiplayer looks strikingly similar to GR2, only w/ better textures and the cross-com.

Zoolabs is spot-on w/ his observations, imo.

Really, if you think the MP looks like Ghost Recon 2...really do play GR2 right now, cause i've done that recently and GRAW MP clearly is the winner.

He's not talking about textures and slick graphics, man. Why is this a hard thing for people to grasp?

Single player and Multiplayer look very different. And Multiplayer looks strikingly similar to GR2, only w/ better textures and the cross-com.

Zoolabs is spot-on w/ his observations, imo.

WELL>......then if he isnt talking about graphics, why would you say that it looks different from singleplayer and looks similar to gr2........THAT IS GRAPHICS. this seems to be hard FOR YOU to grasp. look they are being developed by different houses. its gonna be different. graphics in a game like this are important because the clearer and more realistic the graphics are lend to a better standard for things like sight distance etc. i hope they really use sunlight as a negative thing on some of these maps as well. I think the new screens look great. i am anxious to see some of the indepth character customization stuff going on. the new screens in oxm show off some different head gear for the characters you can choose from, so .....things are looking good. hopefully the march window sticks. i need a game to play

I don't even know where to start with your post... you've misunderstood and misrepresented what I said. And then went on to start rambling completely off-topic.

I'm not going to waste time debating semantics (that’s what it would most likely come down to) with someone who can’t keep their thoughts straight for a single paragraph.

Actually, on second thought, and since I’m just sitting here at work with nothing better to do…

WELL......then if he isnt talking about graphics, why would you say that it looks different from singleplayer and looks similar to gr2........THAT IS GRAPHICS.

Here’re the semantics I was talking about: What’s considered “graphicsâ€. This avenue of discussion will only prove frustrating. You are using the term in a very broad, all-encompassing, generic sense. Basically, you’re saying anything seen on screen is “graphicsâ€. And I guess that’s true to some extent. But it’s not relevant to this topic.

In fact, when taking into account the context of Zoolabs original post, your generic interpretation of the term is completely irrelevant.

You missed the point, basically. Read the thread again (w/o knee-jerk reactions).

this seems to be hard FOR YOU to grasp.

Irony.

A: look they are being developed by different houses. B: its gonna be different.

A: Yeah, I know they are different teams.

B: Why? Seems like a weird choice to me. I dont think I like that at all.

graphics in a game like this are important because the clearer and more realistic the graphics are  lend to a better standard for things like sight distance etc.

I agree. So what. When did I ever say anything to the contrary?

i hope they really use sunlight as a negative thing on some of these maps as well.

That could be cool.

I think the new screens look great.

Awesome. Most of us agree. Some of us are worried SP and MP looks a lot different, though.

i am anxious to see some of the indepth character customization stuff going on.

Me too. Been hoping for these types of customization options for a long time. More the merrier.

the new screens in oxm show off some different head gear for the characters you can choose from, so .....things are looking good.

I thought some of the stuff in OXM was kind of generic, but I’m still looking forward to it.

hopefully the march window sticks.  i need a game to play

I’d like it when it’s done. I think GR2 needed a lot more time in the oven. I’d have no problem waiting for GRAW as long as the game is being worked on and tweaked. It’ll be better for everyone in the end.

I just saw this shot again and i noticed how awesome it really looks...damn

http://graw.1up.com/media?id=2621396&type=lg

compare that with

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/...12034510031.jpg

Wow that first shot is really impressive. I wish so much the multiplayer stuff looked as good and was using the same engine. Ugggh. I would so much rather fight in urban environments this time around than more desert/big open environments ala GR2/SS again. Hopefully they'll be a good mix of both.