Ghost Recon: AW dev diary #1(includes new footage

Moonwalker

It looks OK yeah...but what has happened? Look at this shot.....

http://www.gamer.nl/images/content/Erwie/2...132760386_0.jpg

WHERe are THESE visuals....what is with the low res textures, i dont like it at all.

To me it looks less impressive than the Point of no return footage.

That footage showed alot of nice details in the environments and the soldiers..what happened. It looks way too blurry and low textured.

It looks OK yeah...but what has happened? Look at this shot.....

http://www.gamer.nl/images/content/Erwie/2...132760386_0.jpg

WHERe are THESE visuals....what is with the low res textures, i dont like it at all.

To me it looks less impressive than the Point of no return footage.

That footage showed alot of nice details in the environments and the soldiers..what happened. It looks way too blurry and low textured.

It might very well look like that, hard to tell from the video.

Look here Moon.

LINK

QUOTE:

Thanks for linking that bsc. Should be popping up on all the sites pretty soon.

One thing to note. The game (IMO) looks great, but you are NOT looking at high-res textures from the game. This video was produced a while ago and all the HD textures were not put in yet. This is meant to give you a glimpse of in-progress gameplay but mainly to explain a core feature of the game.

You will see a LOT of videos in the next 2 months, and most will have these textures in them. I will try to get some stuff on marketplace so you can run it on your HDTVS and see the difference. Its truly jaw dropping,but don't take it from me! Wait until you see it for yourself.

If you guys have questions, lemme know!

I honestly couldn't give a crap about the "graphics" or textures...

What is going on w/ the animation (imo, the most impressive aspect of the E3 presentation) though?

I still think most of the player-animation looks floaty... and to be blunt… kind of crappy. At least when compared to what was shown at E3.

When you're running... that looks fantastic. Really, good job… running straight ahead at full speed looks really good – it looks next-gen. But shifting your direction and just generally moving around (especially when crouched down)... it’s all really disappointing at this point. Even switching your weapon looks uninspiring.

It’s like they made the game a FPS first... and then layered on the OTS. There’s no visible momentum, it just looks completely unrealistic.

Most FPS’s control like you’re a floating ball, holding a gun. Some of them (Halo) can get away w/ that. But not realistic military sims. [GR] restricted lateral movement speed (depending on stance) to try and make the game more realistic. I never thought it felt realistic, but that was the best thing going at the time.

The video at E3 looked so good, the animation and momentum looked next-gen. Most of the animation is this clip does not.

Color me disappointed. And, please, will you guys give it a rest w/ the freaking cross-com already!? NO ONE CARES! It’s not that cool! It’s actually more annoying than anything.

Eh. Whatever. It’ll be better than anything else out in the near future. This nothing like what was shown at E3 though. I feel like that was kind of disingenuous… not a move I’d expect from Ubisoft.

Maybe Zipper will be able to deliver a better option w/ their Socom games on the PS3. ( I cant believe I even typed that!)

Edited by recklessmind

Wow recklessmind....you really are disappointed.

Wait and see if we get some good hands-on. Like he said it's a old video and the animations might be cleaned up by then.

The crosscom thing could be cool, I'm gonna wait and see how it plays out before trashing it.

And I can’t believe you busted out with the socom thing! :o

Wow recklessmind....you really are disappointed.

:( Can't help it.

Wait and see if we get some good hands-on.  Like he said it's a old video and the animations might be cleaned up by then.

Doubt it. I have no reason to believe that. I've seen the same thing in every vid.

The crosscom thing could be cool, I'm gonna wait and see how it plays out before trashing it.

I’m not trashing it. I’m asking them to stop selling it like it’s the "greatest thing evar!" We get it already. How about stop showing the ****ing CGI trailer and cross com, in favor of some... oh, I don’t know.... gameplay footage? Lol.

I mean, Brain, who is this video for? Who the F watches these dev documentaries? Not the mainstream. Not Average Joe Gamer. People on the internet watch this stuff - people who already know GRAW and GR. People like us. This video was not made for us, and if it was... I’m insulted.

And I can’t believe you busted out with the socom thing!  :o

Desperate times.... :whistle:

ps. Im an animation guy. I love military sims, but I really get excited by great animation (especially in a 3rd person game) and was blown away by what they showed at E3. This is not what they showed, and led everyone to believe was real, at E3.

I'm not amused. I thought Ubisoft was above that kind of marketing.

Thanks alot Big, makes me worry less about the graphics, from what you can see of the gameplay, to me it looks like damn fun.

I see where your coming from Reckless though, i agree too, comparing it to the E3 footage..yeah..the animations looked mind blowingly realistic...i don't get it why they completely changed it. UNLESS...like with the high res textures as just been said.maybe the improved animations weren't implemented yet? :unsure:

The animations were already damn realistic in GR2 and SS, but this is looking less good...well....not even close to the realism from the E3 footage.

Edited by Moonwalker

Yeah man, i definitely am :)

Oh wait, i even recall you saying that awhile ago, that

you thought i was on IGN too, cool :D

I think i know what they are doing...i hope so.

This is diary 1, as been said..it's footage from awhile ago, so not recent.

maybe in diary 2 theywill show more improvements...i think from diary to diary

they will show the improvements, and eventually its looking jaw dropping.

I hope for the animations too....it's not that they are bad, but DAMN..they were so

sickeningly realistic in the E3 footage...bring THAT BACKKKKKK!!!!!

Edited by Moonwalker

I still think this game will be fun. And probably "AAA". And very addicting. And worth the money.

Just thought I'd add that, since I'm being pretty negative. I’m just ###### that the two things I was most excited about (things shown in the first "real-time" vids) were either completely fabricated (fpwv), or poorly executed (animation).

edit: I also post on IGN. I have a ferret icon. I dont think my username would be popular over here, so I'll keep that to myself.

Edited by recklessmind

Video looks so good but just one thing: (well, three)

1. I see too much shoots to kill an enemy... I dont see OSOK (one shoot one kill) as GR1... :(

Will it be available on multiplayer version?

2. What about the language of the enemies.. They are Mexican. Does them speak spanish themselves???? I hope so... In GR1 the enemies were from russia and I understand nothing... ;)

3. I WANT A DEMO RIGHT NOW!!!!!! I CANT WAIT NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!! :o=:whistle:

As a dedicated CO OP player, I am still rather confused about the limitations to Co OP being restricted to 4 players.

What's worse is there has been no communication or info as to them changing these limitations. We had the ability to have 9 in GR but only 4 in AW. The great modding community has even opend it up to as many as 18 or more for our loved game GR.

It would be a true dissapointment to all the dedicated CO OP players and clans out there if it were limited to just 4.

Any info would be nice on this.

And as far as I had heard the whole hud thingy will have the ability to be turned off in the PC version due to the huge amount of disspleasure from the community.