Driving vehicles

Most likely you will not be able to drive any vehicles, however I hope we can, however if we don’t I want to be able to mod the function to drive

My goal is to make a tactical shooter with jeeps and boats, etc (no air power). It will be like bf2 but more like a sim.

Please if you’re only going to post, "I don’t like vehicles and whatnot don’t post" or "search the thread for this topic" DONT I just want an answer from someone who can give me a true answer.

"I don’t like vehicles and whatnot don’t post" or "search the thread for this topic" DONT  I just want an answer from someone who can give me a true answer.

Wait until GR:AW gets released and you have your true answer. :sheep:

And this has been answered TRUE freeking many times already. So yes you should have searched.

As Colin said, it's been confirmed that there won't be driveable vehicles, but I'm hoping as you say that there might be some potential for modders to add them in. I've been thinking that GRAWs visual style and maps would make for an excellent 'Man on Fire' mod, and some evasive/defensive driving missions would go well with this (if being a little out from the actual movie). I've never even attempted thinking about a mod before so I've no idea how possible this'll be, but I'm thinking that vehicle movement in game will be controlled by some kind of scripting which can react to in game events (as opposed to being on a fixed scripted 'rail'), and therefore can hopefully be scripted to respond to key presses.

i think ur gonna find most vehicles met in the game are either stationary (cars in the street) or involved in ur insertion to the area/misson, and therefore are likely to be scripted on rails of travel.....may not be the case, but it wud seem the easiest way, rather than attempt to script intelligent drivers, capable of reacting to events....especially when the events are likely (in insertion/extraction) to be scripted too....

tho it wud make for an interesting mod, and if the BF2 vehicle whoring turns out to be infectious, the mod can always be switched off :)

i think ur gonna find most vehicles met in the game are either stationary (cars in the street) or involved in ur insertion to the area/misson, and therefore are likely to be scripted on rails of travel.....may not be the case, but it wud seem the easiest way, rather than attempt to script intelligent drivers, capable of reacting to events....especially when the events are likely (in insertion/extraction) to be scripted too....

It's my understanding that you can call in support from Apaches during missions, it's possible that this would only be in specific places against specific targets and they will fly in and out on rails, but I'd hope for a bit more than that. If some vehicles are going to move dynamically then I'd hope all, or at least some others will too. Of course that's little more than optomistic speculation.

it's possible that this would only be in specific places against specific targets and they will fly in and out on rails, but I'd hope for a bit more than that. If some vehicles are going to move dynamically then I'd hope all, or at least some others will too. Of course that's little more than optomistic speculation.

from wat i've read, and the recent french Q&A session it does appear ur hopes are unfortunately misplaced, they've been quoted saying that strikes will only be allowed at specific times during the gameplay....but there will obviously be mechanics for moving vehicles, so while the coding cud be a hell of a lot more complex for a modder, its possible that player driven vehicles are possible....depends on how the vehicles are implemented into the game i guess....

Plain old [GR] format suits me just fine.

However, IF there are vehicles, I would prefer them to be implemented the way OFP does. In OFP armor without infantry support is a sitting duck. In OFP I would put my money on three guys with RPGs before a crew of three in a tank. Just the way it should be.

Also, I like that in OFP you can't manhandle the jeeps and trucks. abusive driving can damage the vehicles and render them useless. Catching to much "air" can lead to a hard landing that can damage you steering, which in turn causes the wheel to pull hard to the left or right. If there is damage to the drivetrain then top speed with be VERY slow, or the vehicle just won't move. You can't just run crazy and plow people over.

Of course, as I said before, no vehicle driving suits me just fine. Just putting my 2 cents in as to how I would like to see vehicles implemented IF they were to allow this feature.

I would prefer them to be implemented the way OFP does. In OFP armor without infantry support is a sitting duck. In OFP I would put my money on three guys with RPGs before a crew of three in a tank. Just the way it should be.

Also, I like that in OFP you can't manhandle the jeeps and trucks. abusive driving can damage the vehicles and render them useless. Catching to much "air" can lead to a hard landing that can damage you steering, which in turn causes the wheel to pull hard to the left or right. If there is damage to the drivetrain then top speed with be VERY slow, or the vehicle just won't move. You can't just run crazy and plow people over.

:yes::yes::yes:

thats the kinda vehicle implementation we need!!

Let's keep GRAW a tactical shooter

Lets hope

However, IF there are vehicles, I would prefer them to be implemented the way OFP does. In OFP armor without infantry support is a sitting duck. In OFP I would put my money on three guys with RPGs before a crew of three in a tank. Just the way it should be.

Exactly, how do you think it worked in WW2

Of course, as I said before, no vehicle driving suits me just fine. Just putting my 2 cents in as to how I would like to see vehicles implemented IF they were to allow this feature.

Me too.

I still dont see where driving a truck is unrealistic....

shoot these guys are special forces they cant drive....

Ill agree that having vehicles may turn it into a run n gun shooter.... but ........

thats where good game design and balancing come into play..... why cant people figure this part out.

you played oe before didnt you?

Even thoes buggies we used from farcry with machine guns mounted so you can shoot while you drive.... the vehicles arent that usefull other then flanking.

Of course we have it so grenades will blow it up.... but even if your not going to go run people over usually....

AT4 fixes that no problem.

Edited by Prozac360

I don't know,vehicles? why? there are numerous games with vehicles out there. GR,GRAW were NEVER about driving vehicles. these are foot soldiers, sent in to eradicate enemy troops. Call for air support if need be, but no vehicles please. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
I hope there arent any drivable vehicles really, i can deal with old Ghost Recon style vehicles like for COOP / SP AI, and blackhawk for air support / fighter bombers. I agree with Papa6

I totally agree. I don't want another BF, JO, or OFP. GR is a unique game I want it to stay that way.

Thats thing is too weard, cant belive its real tho. Hmmm. I dont have SF pack for BF2, im not spending any more money of DICE.

don't bother with it Razor. Its a rip off. Not enough servers, ppl complaining about it too much.

Only incentive for me for me was its flaw----it unlocks the weaps I cannot normally unlock due to my limited time playing this game. So if you unlocked some weps already and have ranks, don't bother.

Just get the mods from Project Reality. A little more mature folks in there as far as gaming and not wasting your time.

Back to topic. :shifty:

Thats thing is too weard, cant belive its real tho. Hmmm. I dont have SF pack for BF2, im not spending any more money of DICE.

I believe the Israel is using it. I saw a real pic in militaryphotos.net and another military site forgot the name. I'll post a real pic when I see it.