Is it worth it?

dickie

Seeing as I know have a Winblows machine, and I'm looking at getting some new games, I have been wondering about BF2. A few friends play it reguarly online, but CS, DoD etc all *** me off for some reason, maybe because they feel too arcadey? Basically, as a [GR] fanatic and someone who likes AA, would BF2 be enjoyable?! And are there any gripes about the game?

Just thought I'd ask lads!

Ta,

Dickie

Seeing as I know have a Winblows machine, and I'm looking at getting some new games, I have been wondering about BF2. A few friends play it reguarly online, but CS, DoD etc all *** me off for some reason, maybe because they feel too arcadey? Basically, as a [GR] fanatic and someone who likes AA, would BF2 be enjoyable?! And are there any gripes about the game?

Just thought I'd ask lads!

Ta,

Dickie

Try the demo first, i personally love the game.It's nothing like ghost recon it's mainly capturing control points and defending flags, i love the chaotic fights, it's state of the art 3dgame technology and i also like the vehicles infact to me they are awesome, the game is not to everyones liking, so try the demo before you buy, oh and the helicopters are awesome if you like flying.

I was skeptical when I first got it 2 weeks ago, but the game has really grown on me. When you get on good server, where everyone plays in squads, and squad members actually work together, it is very fun and rewarding. Also, the action is nonstop and intense. I'm quite impressed with the diversity of the game and actual usefullenss of the diversity.

If your PC meets/exceeds the requirements and have a DSL/CABLE or better yet have 5 ppl (squad) or more on LAN, I say its a blast.

Its run and gun on majority of servers.

If you can find your ppl who appreciates this game and plays in clan and are mature about the game, its even better.

If you have X-fire, I'll add you to my list and hopefully we can play together, don't worry I occasionally play, meaning I'm a noob, but open about it.

Its not linear, so half hour of gaming is not the same the next half hour.

Replayability is high.

SP can get tiring if you frustrate a lot. If your a Stress A type of person, save the money. But with the right mod it can be a lot of fun just run and gun. You'd be lucky once in awhile when driving tanks and LAVs and an AI is actually helping.

Don't bother manning the machine gun on a helicopter when AI is piloting. Might as well load it with C4 and hopefully AI hovers at a target and blow it. SUE ME.

Special Forces IS NOT FOR NOOBS. I learned the hard way. I hardly play it, unless I play with some clan like PRMM folks. They have an awesome mod, and their ppl can play maturely. Its better when everyone uses silencers and actually STACKS

together on assault.

Visually, I think its one of the better modern combat games thats out there. Again PC specs determine this for you.

Maps like Karland 1 and 2 are the best maps out there to play modern urban combat.

Very intense on mature servers.

Sound, don't deny yourself, get Audigy ZS. Intensity is proportional to number of speakers you have.

If you find a clan that is mature, develop a friendship with these folks, cause its a rare to find, just like GR.NET community.

Goodluck

I have tried many games. I dont care for most. definatly trying demos is the way to go. However BF2 is a fun game to play. IT is what it is. There also seems to be a large MOD community developing. I feel this is what makes GR a great game. I would definatly suggest bf2. :o=

Well, if you dont really like Arcade-ish games such as CS & CSS

You prolly wont like Battlefield 2

Personally i despise the game, but if i say anything bad about it certain people here will go at me

Say what you think bro just be constructive, i'm allways interested to know why a game does not appeal to someone. I must be very fortunate when it comes to games because all the games i have got i can't think of any one of them that i don't like, the only problem i have is that i get bored playing them after a while, most of the games i got like GR1, RvS, farcry, hl2, riddick efbb, doom3, splinter cell series, swat4, FTF, etc are in a box somewhere or on a shelf collecting dust. Sometimes i'll dig out one of those games install it play it for a few days maybe a couple of weeks, then i'm bored with them again. I read on some forum somewhere a guy is still playing RvS six from the day it came out, that's great because he realy got his moneys worth with that game. I got BF2 the day it was available here in the UK and i'm still playing it, so hopefully i'll get my moneys worth from it.