Ubisoft offer

Colin

only the first 500..

grawuk.jpg

conditions..

Conditions for preorders of “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™”

The first 500 customers who preorder the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ game, in PC DVD-ROM, XBOX 360, XBOX or Playstation 2 format, between 21/12/2005 and 31/01/2006, will receive their game at the latest on the day of the official public release of the game or else they will be reimbursed the full price of their game.

Deliveries will be made by a logistics enterprise chosen by Ubisoft exclusively in the following countries: France, Great Britain, Germany, Scandinavia, Italy, Spain, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland, Ireland, Luxembourg, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan.

Depending on your country of delivery, local taxes may be applied to the total amount of the order. These taxes must be paid in full by the customer and may not in any circumstances be borne by Ubisoft. Customers must obtain information on this subject from the customs authorities of their country.

Ubisoft undertakes to reimburse customers for the full amount of the price of the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ game in the format ordered, if the parcel containing the game is not presented to the customer at the latest on the day of the official release of the game.

The official release date displayed on the site is given merely as an indication and may be modified. The official release date retained will be the day on which the game is officially publicly available.

The customer is alone responsible for the information about the delivery address that he provides to Ubisoft. If the customer has made a mistake when entering his delivery particulars, or if his particulars are incomplete, he may not claim any reimbursement or compensation.

The delivery date taken is:

• the first date on which the logistics enterprise presents itself at the delivery address indicated by the customer on ordering;

• the first date on which the logistics enterprise contacts the customer at the telephone number indicated by the customer on ordering.

Only the delivery information provided by Ubisoft’s logistics enterprise is valid and binding.

Terms and conditions of reimbursement:

The customer must make the request for full reimbursement in the seven (7) calendar days following the official public release date of the game.

To do so, he must:

1. connect to his on-line account on Ubisoft Online Store: http://shop.ubi.com/ – heading “My Account”

2. click on “customer service” of the order concerned.

3. choose “my question does not concern any of the above subjects”.

4. if necessary, indicate the date on which the parcel was actually received.

Ubisoft will then check the accuracy of the information entered by the customer in his on-line account with its logistics partner responsible for the delivery and will answer the customer within a maximum of four (4) weeks.

All the information about the delivery, particularly the actual date of the delivery, provided by the logistics partner is valid and binding and may not be contested in any circumstances.

A customer may not in any circumstances claim a reimbursement if for any reason whatsoever such customer was not available at the time of the first presentation of the parcel by the logistics enterprise.

After checking all the conditions for reimbursement, if the customer’s request is accepted, he will receive a reply in his on-line account on http://shop.ubi.com/; and the reimbursement of the amount of the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ game in the version ordered will be made within eight (8) days following this answer.

For any payment by bank card, the reimbursement will be made directly onto the bank card. For any payment by wire transfer, the reimbursement will be made by transfer to the original account. For any payment by check, the reimbursement will be made by wire transfer.

The reimbursement offer is limited to the reimbursement of one Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ game in the version ordered per customer account.

Interesting offer, altough more because of the promise of a timely delivery than the reimbursement.

at the latest on the day of the official public release of the game
kinda makes me wonder if there'll be a good chance of getting it a few days early. Maybe even us in the EU will get it on the US release date (iirc we're meant to get it 3 or 4 days later). Then again there's a few stores near me that always bring out the big releases (and I'm sure this'll be a 'big' release) the day before they're supposed to.

Is starforce on GR:AW PC CD/DVD? after reading about SF i'm not quite sure if i'll buy the game as soon as its in retail outlets/shops and the same goes for RvS6 lockdown. I may wait to see how others get on installing GR:AW. I wish i never read about Starforce to be honest, but then again on the other hand i'm glad i did. So come on UBI get your bloody act together and sort this out once and for all.

Strange enough as it seems, what if I said I was building a time machine and if you wanted it, than you'd need to send me $1000 before you even get a sample fix of my actual time machine?

What sense does it make to pay for an idea on paper that has yet to be demonstrated in the form of a demo, or maybe even a five minute video.

Something is foul here and I along with other smart consumers will wait untill we see some type of indication that this for one, "Is not a port, is optimized to play without numerous patching, has sophisticated AI programming, along with other numerous options that I can't think of at the moment.

UBI Cooperate knows something that we don't, does the game play right?

If so, show me it does before you put you're already money filled hands into my pockets!

Oh and Merry Christmas to all who celebrate.........

QUOTE:

Ubisoft undertakes to reimburse customers for the full amount of the price of the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ game in the format ordered, if the parcel containing the game is not presented to the customer at the latest on the day of the official release of the game.

The official release date displayed on the site is given merely as an indication and may be modified. The official release date retained will be the day on which the game is officially publicly available.

The customer is alone responsible for the information about the delivery address that he provides to Ubisoft. If the customer has made a mistake when entering his delivery particulars, or if his particulars are incomplete, he may not claim any reimbursement or compensation.

END QUOTE:

This means that even if you pre order it now and its scheduled release is posted today, they still have the right to change the, "Official release date."

Another words they keep you're money no matter what.

Edited by Ghost_Zulu

I pre-ordered the game back in September from the UBI store, I decided then I wanted the game from the things I read. Guess your "smart consumer" remark is a matter of opinion. They do not actually "keep" your money as you so put it. They charged my card to see if the money was there and two days later it was back in my account. They charge it and "keep" the money when it ships.

So anyone that thinks they will be charged and have their money kept from pre-ordering should not fear :rolleyes: . They charge when it ships, atleast the UBI store does.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight !! :santa:

I pre-ordered the game back in September from the UBI store, I decided then I wanted the game from the things I read. Guess your "smart consumer" remark is a matter of opinion. They do not actually "keep" your money as you so put it. They charged my card to see if the money was there and two days later it was back in my account. They charge it and "keep" the money when it ships.

So anyone that thinks they will be charged and have their money kept from pre-ordering should not fear :rolleyes: . They charge when it ships, atleast the UBI store does.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight !! :santa:

Cutter if you read a bit closer, you'd find that they are not offering a gurantee with, no rights to change the date of the official release.

in clearer terms if you pre-order it and they move the, "Official release date," that doesn't mean you automatically get a refund.

Don't get me wrong brother, if I had atleast a demo to make a decision, I may be there with ya on the pre-order list. Unfortunately this marketing idea makes me a little leiry.

Deliveries will be made by a logistics enterprise chosen by Ubisoft exclusively in the following countries: France, Great Britain, Germany, Scandinavia, Italy, Spain, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland, Ireland, Luxembourg, USA, Canada, Australia and Japan.

This is why I hate the term Scandinavia, occasionally Finland is considered part of Scandinavia and occasionally not, depending on the context. Which is it now? Are there any UBI guys hanging around here willing to clarify? Does this offer include Finland?

PS. If you wanna be safe, just say "Nordic countries" ;)

only the first 500..

"...................The official release date displayed on the site is given merely as an indication and may be modified. The official release date retained will be the day on which the game is officially publicly available..............."

Man its easy money! order it now, against NO delivery date and we will send it out to you whenever we get round to releasing it............so if we keep moving the release date we never have to pay anything!!.

only Ubi marketing staff could come up with this one!.

:sheep::sheep::sheep::sheep:

Conditions for preorders of “Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™”

The first 500 customers who preorder...between 21/12/2005 and 31/01/2006

I pre-ordered mine back in September, will I be included as one of the first 500 ???

'fraid not mate....

Didnt they get the PC community all hyped up for GR 2 and then never released it for PC :o= , instead released it on console's.. now Im not trying to start a console war, but I play games like GR and Splinter cell on PC and racing and sports on my XBOX :devil: . I'm just not getting all excited for a game that may never come to be. :nono:

I bought GR 2 for xbox and I didnot like it at all :whistle: . I dont know it just felt different and to me just wasn't all they made it to be :blink: so I traded it for Ninja Gaiden :ph34r: . I think I got the better deal :thumbsup:

I'm considering waiting and seeing what you all think of GRAW before I plunk down my hard earned greens.

"sigh" This whole thing about GRAW is like a bad hangover that won't go away. will it release? won't it, this is the release date, now it's not.... :huh:

I don't trust UBI one bit anymore, so I'll pass on the offer.

A year ago I bought GR2 along with an XBOX and I was extremely dissapointed (in both UBI and RSE).

They advertised the sequel as a tactical game but it never was. It was arcade from the get-go.

I'll wait for the demo.

Well I have ordered this game in fact 2 copies one for me and one for the Daughter, who loves the GR games.

My faith in this game is not reliant on UBI but Grin, as they are the Development team.

Unfortunatly UBI is in charge of the release, so when it arrives god only knows.

One point that does really disapoints me is, they ask you to buy the game and give you a special offer, but refuse to give a computer minimum system requirments to play said game, which to me is close to being pathetic, :nono: add to this the confusion on the various web sites re the price, release dates, and general poor managment of web information, they really need to look at their PR machine, and kick some royal butt and get it sorted.

It is most unfortunate that Developers have to rely on large publishers to distribute the games they make.

I expect they would wish to be able to do it themselves, I really feel for Development Houses Like Grin/RSE etc it must be extremly frustrating to see your work just pushed back.

oops too much woffle sry.