insertions...

*from WK's interview* How will we be inserted into the game world? I take it we aren’t just spawning on the map?

There will be real time insertions into the game world along with extractions and there will be no cutscenes. On insertion, you will be able to interact with the pilots via the Cross-Com and even be able to shoot at enemy below you from the Blackhawk. You will be fast roping to the ground.

any ideas on how this will work exactly. in AA you have to go through training, then you are able to go through missions with those skills needed. i wonder if it will be something like this, or if it will be like an ingame tutorial.

if the insertion part of the game is put into multiplayer in any way this type of training might eliminate goof balls from messing up the insertions. you all know the stupid pilots if BF2 (who mess up the game for all of us helo pilots) who as soon as they take off they crash... just dont want insertions to be the same way.

it would suck to be fast roping, and have some one come crashing down on top of you and get u killed, or have some one going to slow on the rope and get u killed, just thought about that and wondered if anyone had any ideas on the subject.

*200th post yipee! :P

Edited by desertranger12

HOOAH Scout DR!! :thumbsup:

The insertion from a shopper is a result from the original story line. If it is implemented in MP that will be a nice change, but it will get old quickly. I remember this mission in joint operation where we were dropped from a plane. It was cool and all but after restarting the same mission 10 time that got repetitive and boring. For learning how to rappel down from the shopper, I think it’s gonna be more like ''Press space bar'' type of control, since rappelling is not an in game function, but more of an intro into the game. So if a team mate screws that up… just shoot him in the head your self. <_<

Btw, I’m not too crazy about the whole mini gun thing from a shopper. Ghost are supposed to be stealthy, how can they be discreet and be Ghosts when they start the missions by raiding the village with machine guns from a Blackhawk? I would much rather be dropped far away and take my time and observe the situation from far, and think about the best way to go about the mission.

I would much prefer the Classic insertion. wEz deh demo! :D

HOOAH Scout DR!!  :thumbsup:

So if a team mate screws that up… just shoot him in the head your self.  <_<

Btw, I’m not too crazy about the whole mini gun thing from a shopper. Ghost are supposed to be stealthy, how can they be discreet and be Ghosts when they start the missions by raiding the village with machine guns from a Blackhawk? I would much rather be dropped far away and take my time and observe the situation from far, and think about the best way to go about the mission.

wEz deh demo!  :D

-HOOAH

-roger that

-i dont think the ghosts firing the minigun is that great either, think it would be kooler to be flying NOE and listening to radio chatter and assessing the sit.

i would think that the missions should be atnight, the darkness is a great advantage for us Specops, majority of raids/missions are during the night because of this advantage. so fag the majority of the footage has been in the day time.

i think night HALO insertions would be ood mixed in with some fastroping, fastroping just sounds so sweet, cant wait to rope into a hot zone in GRAW.

-and i cant wait for the demo either dude, waiting and waiting :yawn:

HOOAH Scout DR!!  The insertion from a shopper is a result from the original story line.

Raton .... Is that the playstation 2 version storyline:

"Our Ghost are set on a stealth mission in down town mexico to purchase lubricant products for the president, additional intel shows that most of this area is filled with "alternative" insurgents who we believe are big fans of soldiers. Be Carefull Ghosts, and dont drop any soap or stay prone for too long ... out .. "

:D

MMMMM HALO insertions..... that would be sweet.  Only game i've ever been able to do that in is the Battlefield series by flying a plane really high and ejecting. Otherwise, fastroping sounds a little more realistic in this scenario.  But HALO is more sweet.  I trust them just fine. :)

as long as the type of insertion doesnt hurt the reality of the game, im fine with it...

halo would be cool, but u dont always need to use a HALO jump to insert, i think that they should mix it up and not have ONLY HALO.

the other thing that was bothering me was the time of day. some missions have to be done in the day because of the time restraints, but the majority of us specops missions(some one correct me if im wrong) take place at night, because of the advantages that the darkness gives us troops.

DR12