How well will i do?

I'm thinking i might need another gig of ram for the newer games comming out in March

Everything I've read seems to say that 1GB of RAM is enough for todays games and that going to 2GB would only make a very small improvement but may speed up game load times pretty well.

I'm thinking i might need another gig of ram for the newer games comming out in March

Everything I've read seems to say that 1GB of RAM is enough for todays games and that going to 2GB would only make a very small improvement but may speed up game load times pretty well.

Depends on the game actually, i have tested battlefield 2 with 1GByte of RAM and 2GByte of RAM and 2GByte makes BF2 so much better to play allround, not just loading times. Example below with pc setup.

With this setup BF2 has playable framerates and is very smooth and all in game settings are high no AA: with 1024 x 768 60hz, overall great play.

win xp pro (sp2)

Via K8T800Pro

4000+ san diego 2400MHZ

2GByte TwinX XLPro 400MHZ 2.3.2.5 2T dual channel

6800GT AGP 8X 350/1000

S-ata 36GB 10k rpm hdd

Audigy 2zs

Tagan 480W black series PSU

Viewsonic VP171b 60hz DVI-D :D

But on the other hand with this setup it's totally different. With the below setup i can only select medium in game settings no AA: 1024 x 768 60hz, game play is ok.

no where near as good as above. Totally lags at 1280 x 1024 60hz.

Win xp pro (sp2)

Asus A8N-Premium Nforce4

4000+ san diego 2400MHZ

1GByte TwinX XL PRO 400MHZ 2.3.2.5 1T dual channel

Sapphire X1800XT 512MB 625/1500

S-ata 36GB 10k rpm hdd

Audigy 2zs

Tagan 530W PSU easycon series

Viewsonic VP171b 60hz DVI-D :(

Have you tried the result of putting 2 Gb ram in the other rig?

No not tried 2GByte in other rig because i sold a GByte to my bro inlaw along with some other hardware, it was just to say in answer to KRP 56 post that 1GB of RAM is not allways enough for todays games, even with top end pc hardware, i can turn all settings to the max in Battlefield 2 and BF2 SF: it looks awesome but with only 1GByte it stutters and lags server side and single player i have also read the same with the likes of F.E.A.R C.O.D 2 and they are new games.

My new computer im getting soon (hopefully) will DEFINATELY be able to run it ! :D

But i am sure your computer will be able to run GR. But you might need to put all settings on medium, i dont know.

That's what i thought aswell, hopefully another gig of ram can pull it up to high, i'm certain i won't be upgrading my video card.

Well, i just read about the physics processor card or what not, how much is that going to be if they acutally use it? I don't have it. Atleast i don't think i do.

I've been reading $250 - $300. I will be buying one, as well. At the cost of a 7800GT, it had better be worth it. Also, though, at the cost of a 7800GT, no games (in the near future anyway) will actually require it -- it would simply cut out too many potential customers.

--Logos

The thing I'm worried about wrt physics cards is the longevity of them, I've resigned myself to buying one for GRAW, but will the first gen be replaced 6 months later by a new model which you'll need to get for the next wave of games using it, or will it last a few years.

I read something from the designers some time back that said that they did not believe that the physics cards would need even semi-regular upgrades of either the processor or memory the way that graphics cards do. I suppose time will tell.

--Logos

Depends on the game actually, i have tested battlefield 2 with 1GByte of RAM and 2GByte of RAM and 2GByte makes BF2 so much better to play allround, not just loading times.

I read where other gamers say the same thing your saying but in just about every test I've read they say different. Here's the last test I read and they test BF2.Click here! :rolleyes:

GRIN states that their title will have Havok physics for software simulation, and Aegia PhysX SDK support for their PCI card.

Dannik have you got a linky to this please?

Just that i was under the impression that they were using Both Havok and Aegia Physics software in game, and that having a dedicated Aegia PCI Card would just lift the weight off the processing being done by internal memory and CPU.