Things you hate in movies...

Streinger

Most of you know what I'm talking about, but here are a few examples that get to my nerves every frickin' time I see them in an action/SPECOPS/war movie: a "hero" goes trough half the movie with an assault rifle or SMG on full auto and takes down a bunch of bad guys...you don't see him reload once...and since he's naked from the waist up, there's no room for a speculation about him having spare mags on him somewhere (can anyone say Rambo or Commando) :D

A frag grenade makes a huge flaming red explosion. <_< ..in real life, all you can see is a small bright flash and a lot of smoke...

I could go on for hours with such examples...

Edited by Streinger

It helps that Bruce Willis actually knows how to use a firearm. He owns a ranch and does not mind doing an interview on his property sporting a holstered pistol. There are a few hollywood types that have firearms training but I would bet they are nowhere near in the majority.

I'll be seeing Tears of the Sun as soon as I have some time to do so. I think a great deal of Willis, who goes against the grain of his peers without hesitation. He mailed 17,000 boxes of girl scout cookies to our troops in Afghanistan, just because his daughter said that it was "sad" that they couldnt have any. Quite a nice gesture on his part.

It helps that Bruce Willis actually knows how to use a firearm. He owns a ranch and does not mind doing an interview on his property sporting a holstered pistol. There are a few hollywood types that have firearms training but I would bet they are nowhere near in the majority.

Im not sure if this is corect, but i heard that Wesley Snipes (Blade I & II, Art of War) had spent over 6 months training up for the film Blade. This training included hand-to-hand combat, weapons training, assault course training (rapelling <sp> for example). Afterwards he apparently caried on with the training, paying for it himself (i.e not through production money for a movie), and became a very professional fighting and weapons expert. I also heard that he started his own mini-company where he employed ex-military personnel to be advisors and training experts for other actors/actresses in movies - just like the guys that trainined him in the first place, for the film Blade. But like i said, im not sure if this is true.

So some of these actors/actresses nowadays, although not a lot of them, are actually well trained experts at what they do in the film, for example combat and weapons usage, without having the military background. I believe people like Wesley Snipes and Bruce Willis make the best actors, when in action movies, as they actually look like they know what their doing.

As long as thing are not to far off base with the theme of the movie..clipping parts from the beginning and having them spread throughout the film for a time frame of months ,when he was "filmed" all on one set or whatever ,,and having the same climate throughout the movie . Them actors that do the stunts that just don't look the same,lol "enemy at the gate"rambo all of them ok,first blood is the best though,imo,. Our modern -day Heroes sort of speak,,

black hawk down had lots of good footage to say the least,clear and present danger rates up there somewhere,and the dotor one where ford's on the run.

+force+

About Snipes...i think he used to train Karate before he became an actor, so un-armed combat scenes weren't too hard for him.

As for the other actors, I wached an interview with the European pistol-shooter champion, and he said the only actor in his opinion that handles the hand-gun properly is Steven Seagal. Now, with his aledged CIA background, that's not surprising...

Speaking of BHD their Force

The actors went through a 3 week boot camp or something like that and they learned how to use the weapons from the drill seargents

But there was a difference between the guys who played Deltas and the guys who played Rangers the Deltas go to do all weapons training and the Rangers had to run and to physical training

I wached an interview with the European pistol-shooter champion, and he said the only actor in his opinion that handles the hand-gun properly is Steven Seagal. Now, with his aledged CIA background, that's not surprising...

So steven segal is ex CIA? cool, i love that guy, watched pretty much every single film of his, he's brilliant at hand-to-hand comabt.

Speaking of BHD their Force

The actors went through a 3 week boot camp or something like that and they learned how to use the weapons from the drill seargents

But there was a difference between the guys who played Deltas and the guys who played Rangers the Deltas go to do all weapons training and the Rangers had to run and to physical training

I saw that too, well most of it, i saw it when they first got to their training grounds, got suited up, met the trainers and then got training. The weapons and CQB training was ace, the actors learned pretty quickly the basic ways of entering an area/room fast,safely, and powerfully. I'd love to do that course :devil:

On the subject of Wesley Snipes, he had an extensive martial arts background before, during and after becoming an actor. He holds black belt ranks in at least 4 or 5 different arts including Karate, Judo, and Capoeira.

Bruce Willis is cool, has a good sense of humor and seems like an all around nice guy.

Harrison Ford is way cool and does most of his own stunts,nuff said.

What I don't care for in movies is when they use wires tooo much or even at all. For example someone as talented as Jet Li doesn't need them IMO, and when he uses them the stuff just looks unrealistc and physically impossible(which is ok if it's a sci-fi movie). Someone as untalented as Keanu Reeves on the other hand can use all the help he can get i guess. :lol:

Another thing (I've must have seen it a zillion times)...a fire fight on the street, infront of a caffe somewhere...and our "hero" just tilts over a coffe table and uses it as a cover as the bad guys spray-fire all over it... <_<

Blimey, that wouldn't even work against 3'' barrel Scorpion SMG in 7,65mm cal, let alone any 9mm SMG...

I hate in when the bad guy always comes back for one last killin' at the end. He gets up and has to be put down again. Or like in that one with Wesley Snipes and Tommy Lee Jones where Alan Alda gets busted and has to grab someone's gun and get himself shot in the end. So few movies end with the villain just going to jail.

about BHD the actors did go on a 3 week boot camp the rangers went to one done by rangers and the first thing they did was learn the ranger creed and delta to one by delta and their first task was learning how to blow doors off! :o=:o=

the behind the scenes special claims that on the last day before they were to leave training, they all found a note slipped under the door saying that they had trained well and that asked for them to respect the fact that they were about to portray the deeds of honorable men ... the note was signed by the names of the dead rangers. i thought that was nice.

Hmmm.... unrealistic things in action movies..... what's the max post length again? :D

-Explosions that look like fireworks displays

-Experienced soldiers/cops/mercenaries etc. that never once aim, duck or seek cover

-Bullet-proof everything

-Instant kills with body shots (some guy gets shot once in the chest, slumps down and promptly ceases to be a threat- good sportsmanship maybe?)

-Guns magically turning into other guns when the actor's off camera for 2 seconds (if the crew can't keep track of what the main character was holding in the middle of a scene, should they be trusted to keep track of what's loaded/live? Yikes.)

-Massive explosions going off next to someone and causing acrobatics instead of dismemberment.

-Actors constantly racking the action of their weapon to punctuate their lines (Lock and load - cha-chink.... Let's go - cha-chink... ) I'm convinced that Van-Damme had to fight Raoul Julia hand-to-hand at the end of Street Fighter because he had already cycled all the rounds out of his Beretta trying to look cool.

Yeah, Die Hard kicks a** in keeping things realistic. SPR, Band of Brothers, Platoon and other gritty-to-the-point-of-ugly war movies do a good job too. I hear Clint Eastwood is a big shooter in real life and chose the S&W Model 29 personally for Dirty Harry.

Edited by mob

i hate how its one person attacking the hero at a time, now come on, if they got the job their smart enough to take a jab at you when your attacking some other guy.

another thing i truly hate is when they got a whole team against one guy and they can't take one person down, again, if they were good enough the get the job at least one person can get a good shot off!

and lets not forget the mother of them all:in horror movies the victim will NOT move, they'll crawl up to the corner of a wall and get stabbed by some killer when they couldve got up, i mean, jesus christ the killer is slowly walking towards you and you can't stand up and keep running? along with that, whenever they bring down the killer they slowly walk towards him, leave the weapon with him and check if he's alive... which results in the killer tricking the victim and taking a stab at him. it frustrates me to no end of the stupidity of the script, its not scary, it just makes you wanna slap their faces