a new date ? - March 06

Your assumption in this case couldn't be further from the truth.

Enlighten us...

REgardless of relation to console games... it's simply a matter of fact that when games are made they are never on schedule. This has become a recent issue because companies announce a release date too soon. IT used ot be "yeah, we're making it. We'll tell you when it will be out about 2 weeks before it is." They never predicted games months in advance like we do now.

And again... It's nothing to throw a fuss over.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, think about it.

It's SO much easier to make a game for a console system. Why? EVERYTHING is uniform. You don't have to worry about system compatability etc etc. The PC industry has changed drastically in the past 3 - 4 years. There's no longer just "the big boys of hardware." There are smaller more specialized sompanies that are producing their own stuff. This is just MORE for the developer to deal with.

Not to mention, ANY modder of any quality here can tell you to expect delays. Major game devs, or small time modder... it doesn't matter. Whenever something goes into production there are always delays.

Which assumption? That it's much easier to make games for a console? Or that all games have delays?

Truth be told, I would have thought that it would be easier to build games for PC's than consoles for the simple fact that with PC's, you're building on top of a foundation that's been in place and continually added to for a couple of decades, as opposed to console games, where you have to learn how to program all over again with a new architecture every four or five years.

--Logos

Seriously, think about it.

It's SO much easier to make a game for a console system. Why? EVERYTHING is uniform. You don't have to worry about system compatability etc etc. The PC industry has changed drastically in the past 3 - 4 years. There's no longer just "the big boys of hardware." There are smaller more specialized sompanies that are producing their own stuff. This is just MORE for the developer to deal with.

Not to mention, ANY modder of any quality here can tell you to expect delays. Major game devs, or small time modder... it doesn't matter. Whenever something goes into production there are always delays.

Which assumption? That it's much easier to make games for a console? Or that all games have delays?

Truth be told, I would have thought that it would be easier to build games for PC's than consoles for the simple fact that with PC's, you're building on top of a foundation that's been in place and continually added to for a couple of decades, as opposed to console games, where you have to learn how to program all over again with a new architecture every four or five years.

--Logos

Particularly with the 360's total jump into an unknown hardware realm.

Basically, the 360 is a souped up Apple, if you look at the hardware that's in it, which would totally take any similiarity to the PC and throw it out the window. Looking at that fact alone would explain the delays.

At least the older consoles were based on PC architectures. Not so with the 360.

@WK,

so enlighten us.

Armed Assault which is basically Operation Flashpont 2 in pedigree if not in name is coming within a year i hope. But i wouldn't say it's that similar to GRAW just as OpFlash wan't really similar to GR1.

Also, BIS have spent the last two years making OpFlash Elite for the Xbox and to be honest it shows in the AarmedA screenshots. The reason they look so good is a testiment to how freaking ahead of it's time OpFlash was. But the truth is they don't evenlook like OpFlash 1.5 (which is being used as a byword for the product). They look only marginally better than OpFlash. I'm sure it will improve with time and i'm sure to buy Armed Assault but I think my game experience wheni play ArmedA and GRAW will be a very different vibe.

I have to say about the dealay tha one thing that always jacks me off is the muted nature of the announcements. To be honest it is a big thing to someof us despite people telling us to chill out and that it's not the end of the world. And in light of that, when there is a delay anouncement of even only a month, i'd kind of like a more in depth confessional from the publishers/devs as to the reason. A bit of honesty and a candid approach will go a long way with us fans. Even if they say it's all down to business timing and marketing. We understand yo have to make a proffit. So just give us the skinny.

I can't reveal anything right now, but you can bet I will once the game is released.

Ummm, that really doesn't answer their question. They want to know why you think they are wrong I presume. Since more often than not, you provide a simple "you're wrong" type of post like the earlier one, I think you owe them a little bit more of a response than that. I can count on three separate occasions at least seeing a post revealing your obtuse opinion of "you couldn't be more wrong" , or "and you are completely wrong with that assumption." If you are so right, give us more of a response. You honestly make yourself look uninformed, or did you think that just because we see you saying we are wrong we would suddenly concede our opinions and embrace the truth as it's told by the almighty. I'm not trying to be negative, but that is how you make it sound.

... :o:)

Surely you can give us something... rather than just saying "you're wrong." Just say "It's realted to gameplay" or "It's in-company politics" or "Ubi is being dumb" or "There are tech issues." Easy as pie, and you reveal nothing that you shouldn't except for a generic cause of the delay. :thumbsup:

Just to put things into prospective.

1. The game in all formats has not been pushed put back.

2. The official line from UBI is Quarter 1 2006 and it has been that for a while.

Quarter 1 covers from Dec/March.

3. All of UBI site`s sometimes appear to have conflicting information on them thats just the nature of of the internet.

So please unless we get some confirmed report from UBIsoft about any further delay try and keep the speculation to a bare min.

Colin

I can't reveal anything right now, but you can bet I will once the game is released.

I think you owe them a little bit more of a response than that. I can count on three separate occasions at least seeing a post revealing your obtuse opinion of "you couldn't be more wrong"...

Well, I didn't think he was saying I was wrong. All I said is that people shouldn't get bent about any delay. :)

That said, WK (or "Whitey" as he is known in the inner circle) doesn't "owe" us more than what he said. I understood what he said completely. He said:

"My NDA prevents me from deepthroating everything I know." :censored:

Now, whether this is a real, carbon-copied, notarized, signed-in-blood, sacrifice-your-first-born-child NDA or just an unofficial hand-shake between trustworthy people sort of NDA, I don't know, nor do I care. However, the mods on this site do have some access we don't have, :ph34r: and they have it in part because they WILL keep their lips zipped when appropriate. And we benefit from their having it, so, by all means, keep thy lips zipped. I think it's pretty clear when the zipped-lips protocols have been initiated. :whistle: Enough said.

--Logos

I think you owe them a little bit more of a response than that. I can count on three separate occasions at least seeing a post revealing your obtuse opinion of "you couldn't be more wrong"...

Well, I didn't think he was saying I was wrong. All I said is that people shouldn't get bent about any delay. :)

That said, WK (or "Whitey" as he is known in the inner circle) doesn't "owe" us more than what he said. I understood what he said completely. He said:

Now, whether this is a real, carbon-copied, notarized, signed-in-blood, sacrifice-your-first-born-child NDA or just an unofficial hand-shake between trustworthy people sort of NDA, I don't know, nor do I care. However, the mods on this site do have some access we don't have, :ph34r: and they have it in part because they WILL keep their lips zipped when appropriate. And we benefit from their having it, so, by all means, keep thy lips zipped. I think it's pretty clear when the zipped-lips protocols have been initiated. :whistle: Enough said.

--Logos

;)

There as been much talk and written information about GRAW, but to talk about, and provide written information about something as visually predominant as a video game, is simply insufficient.

The sad truth is that GRIN did not have a clue till recently (months), as to what we really wanted for the next GR, at least not in details anyway because Ubi did not provide the communities with enough visual input on GRIN’s work. That in return, as caused GRIN to constantly go back to the drawing board, in the desperate attempt to please us, based on our late analyses of the still images and Info given to us, creating unnecessary delay(s(?)).

Evidence #1. The original plan not to include replays. They seem to have changed their minds about that based upon the dev chat on December 1rst, causing more last minute work.

Evidence #2. The HUD. We are not entirely happy with it, and that could have been dealt with months ago, but nooo we are still talking about it.

Evidence #3. The red diamonds are probably NOT on/off toggleable, for now.

Evidence #4. The First Person Weapon View only. The Classic FPV is preferred by many GR fans and maybe they will have it. (??) …more last minute work.

Evidence #5. No in-game footage of GRAW PC. Why? Because the game is not finalized yet!

-All of these could have been avoided by better and earlyer communications with the devs.-

To use a graphical design analogy that we all know about, it’s like creating a sig for somebody else.

That person might have told you what he or she wants in a general way, but for the final model of that sig the truth is, you don’t know what the person really wants. That can only be solved by providing that person with many graphical models (pics), to actually SEE your work, so that it can come to a conclusion and not create confusion with words.

And Ubi... Come a here for a sec.

Even though you might have a gem in the form of a revolutionary video game, it is NOT some type of antigravity spaceship that will change the world and must be kept hidden for national security. You MUST provide the fans with adequate still images and footage of GRIN’s work, so that we the fans can guide the developers. Why should you do that? Because WE are the experts as to what WE WANT out of a GR sequel. Not YOU friend, US, the fans!

Oh! Just in case :D

Même si vous avez créé un jeu vidéo fantastique, ce n’est pas un vaisseau antigravitationnel révolutionnaire qui doit être garder secret pour des raisons de sécurité national. Vous devez nous donner plus d’information sur GRAW sous une forme graphique, plus d’images et s.v.p. des vidéos, pour que nous les fans puissent guider les développeurs (GRIN). Pourquoi ? Parce que NOUS sommes les expert de ce que NOUS VOULONT du prochain GR. Pas VOUS cher amis, NOUS les fans !

;)

I'm just going to say this; I'm deeply disappointed by this news. I can't even believe we aren't into 2006 and we get bumped again! ok, let's see what we can come up with thus far with a simple poll;

do you think GRAW will release in Mar 2006?

1) Yes...

2) No....

3) insert your own thoughts...

I'll say no....I think it will get bumped again, I say this due to the fact that they might be trying to implement "replays"...just my guess....

Ok considerig most people seem to be wildley stabbing in the dark heres my "theory" :

UBI were meeting with Bo and they asked him one question :

UBI : :pokerface: - "So Bo, hows the feedback from the forums fan base?"

BO : :geek: - "Well most at gr.net are pretty cool but they do speculate far too much"

UBI : :pokerface: - "Hmmmm, well thats ok its understandable from a consumer perspective"

BO : :geek: - "Yes but I feel its a little too much when your face is shoved onto photoshop designes by these people that make you look like a complete nut job"

UBI : :pokerface: - " ..... Ok, ... make that another month".

:P

--Logos

I agree with DBrown, here. There is nothing worse than someone (anyone) saying, "I know something you don't, but I can't tell you. neener, neener, neener."

IMO, if you can't say something concrete, don't say anything at all. :o=

These are games guys, the reason you are psychologically played with is because we sit here and drool over the forums and kiss buttox.

When you do this the respect level goes down and you dont get all the information you need to satisfy your curiosity.

Sudam is a perfect example of someone taking his power to far and not realizing that one day reality will slap him in the face, In which it did.

If you want your respect back, stop hanging around so much and get a life. Thats when your answers will be fast and crystal clear.

Think of the new gameing company that designs a new game. What do they do,? They flood you with information and videos, and demos, another updated demo, videos, thier devs are on the forums. You think to yourself boy this is how the gameing community should be.

But this is only done untill the first sale, than the revenue starts coming in and theyve got more money than they need. Why would they need to respect you anymore, they got youre money.

Now many will deny this and Ill probably get banned, but if I get banned then I was right.

Obviously i need to get kissing more "buttox" in here, i didnt even know that was part of the deal being a member...  :rolleyes:

[

I apologize to the community, if I speak optimisticly, I was brought up that way.

We all wouldn't be here if we didn't want, Grin, UBI and anyone else involved in the development of GRAW, to succeed at bringing one heck of a new title onto our harddrives.

I guess others and I are afraid to get let down, because we know the feeling, and it hurts.

So please except my apologizes if you think I'm to negative. I know from experience that I can sometimes be a horses ass, I just seek the truth.

Edited by Ghost_Zulu

Whenever whatever. This is how i think it will pan out? Splinter Cell 4 will be first out so i'll buy the game and play, then sometime in the not so distant future maybe be able to buy GR:AW and then later in the year (whatever year that may be) i'll buy RvS6 Lockdown followed by S.T.A.L.K.E.R shadow of chernobyl :rofl:

--Logos

I agree with DBrown, here. There is nothing worse than someone (anyone) saying, "I know something you don't, but I can't tell you. neener, neener, neener."

IMO, if you can't say something concrete, don't say anything at all. :o=

Ditto. That is just aggravating as hell.

IMO, Whiteknight77 is in a predicament. He knows what's up, but can't say due to the NDA. But after having spoken to my mates on my team...I told them about the bump release to march and their reply was..:"Again!?!"

I honestly think that GRIN has been great by actually listening to the GR community. but the problem looks like they are trying to do too much. they do the game upto a point, then get some more feedback, then bump the release date to implement those requests, get more feedback, then bump the release date to implement those requests, get more...did I just repeat myself? hmm

I think it's about time. Grin and Ubi won't make any $$$ while the game is still developing. we don't need snorkle gear or jumping over objects or humping the dogs leg in the game, just give us a tactical shooter.

:ph34r: