a new date ? - March 06

http://www.bluesnews.com/

Bluesnews has informed us, patient yet nail biting fans of the GR series, that the game will be delayed untill march..

I know someone posted about it but they didnt give enough insight as to where the post came from.

The delay being a month at that, does not pose any psychological stress to me. I in other words, can wait an extra month...assuming thier doing 1 of many things.

Polishing the game so we don't need 17million patches as to why it wont work right? that would be justification enough. Yet what game do you know that this didn't apply?

Edited by Ghost_Zulu

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More time to play the demo then.

Not necessarily :nono: . Demo will be released begining of 2006, before game release. I think that demo release date has has just been deleyed one month ( proly from mid january to mid february). Someone will say "its only a month" , but according to that the first release date was november 2005, we have a four months delay at the moment. This is a second delay and im wondering how many more will hit us. I hate this "small steps" type of delays, tell us the real release date and im going to relax even if its going to be june 2006. Those repeating delays, when im thinking "almost there !" are driving me crazy. :ph34r:

Edited by Joseph_Q

We have been asking for a lot and if the delay is to incorporate the late requests then it is ok.

I would like to know what additions are being made during this delay, if there is no response then I would assume that the cause is something else. That would disappoint me. :(

I really hope that we get the demo in early Jan to keep us occupied till March.

Edited by buddhiraja73

Do You Guys realy think that game which is being kept in such a secret ( no gameplay vids at all, only a few screenshots ) is going to release demo 2 months before final release date ?

--EDIT--

The release date on ubi site is now 1Q 2006.... link

Edited by Joseph_Q

Do You Guys realy think that game which is being kept in such a secret ( no gameplay vids at all, only a few screenshots ) is going to release demo 2 months before final release date ?

One chance in a thousand... And they should take it and use the community. :yes:

imo

At least when this game is finally released it is going to be so perfect that we wont have anything to complain about, obviously with so many delays to get it right there couldnt be anything wrong with it, could there ? <_<

At least when this game is finally released it is going to be so perfect that we wont have anything to complain about, obviously with so many delays to get it right there couldnt be anything wrong with it, could there ?  <_<

The weird thing is that in this day in age, delaying a game can carry many reason. One can only assume in our case and I'm sure one of us has hit is on the head, for the reason there's been delay after delay.

I stated in an early post (A.I.) that the pc gameing community hasn't recieved the respect it deserves. We funded this game and put money in the pockets of those who decided that they'd skip us and supply the Xbox fans, the very thing that we dreampt about.

Now we have the 3rd installment and another delay. I can gaurantee that something is Kaput.

Lets just hope this isnt the idea of some guy behind a desk, making a financial decision, that utterly removes Pc owners from playing this game at all.

Edited by Ghost_Zulu

I stated in an early post (A.I.) that the pc gameing community hasn't recieved the respect it deserves. We funded this game and put money in the pockets of those who decided that they'd skip us and supply the Xbox fans, the very thing that we dreampt about.

Now we have the 3rd installment and another delay. I can gaurantee that something is Kaput.

Lets just hope this isnt the idea of some guy behind a desk, making a financial decision, that utterly removes Pc owners from playing this game at all.

The release date for all versions, not just PC, is listed as March 2006.

I'll wait to read official delay of GR:AW from ubi or grin. Looking forward to 2006 gameplay, GR:AW,  R6 Lockdown and SC4..."nice one".

Don't get too excited about lockdown...lol. I have a family friend that works for RSE and worked on it, he told me it sucks.

Hope not, anyway a demo will tell?

As far as I am concerned, more than just their marketing department is losing credibility. The computer folks never got GR2 or SS, mostly due to, from what I can tell, Ubi realized the PC folks wouldn't buy what they considered a dumbed down game.

Ubi delayed Lockdown from March till September for the Xbox, then released what is widely considered a craptacular game. Now we get delay after delay, and we voice concern about game aspects (i.e. bullet trail vapor/smoke) but each video release continues to show these aspects we have concerns with still in the game.

I for one will not be running out to the stores to grab this off the shelf first thing when it comes out in July. :P

It is all just very frustrating :wall:

P.S. I do realize that between the sp, mp and console, PC there are different folks working on versions, but ultimatley someone has to be accountable.

Edited by Cons72