a new date ? - March 06

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the developers from Redstorm delivered exclusively to PC and than UBI purchased the company

Quick fact check: RSE released Rainbow Six for the Playstation and Nintendo 64 in 1999, before they were bought out in 2000. They have never been exclusive PC developers. RSE was one of the early adopters of the Xbox1 developer's kits, and Ghost Recon was intended as a launch title for the Xbox, simultaneously with the PC version.

There was something I wanted to say until I realized I'd already said it -- two months ago:

... February? My advice... is to not get your hopes up; then, if/when it comes out, be there with me picking up your reserved copy on opening day, take it home, and love it.

Disappointment is about expectations not being met.  So drop your expectations for a February release....

How can everyone forecast delays, then, now that it's delayed, everyone express shock? :wacko:

C'mon. This can't be that big a surprise, nor is it a big deal. It's just not. It's a game, not your paycheck; it's delayed -- big whoop. This is still UBI, right? If they fool you once, shame on them, but, really, exactly how many times do they have to fool you before it's shame on you? 10? 15?

Be happy. Be patient. Get your expectations in order. Love the game when it comes. :)

--Logos

p.s. Look on the bright side -- one more month to save up for that 7800GT and Creative X-Fi.

Come on Bo, give us some information! :flowers:

If they think they need more time then it's all good. Just use that time to polish GRAW to perfection, not polishing your silver ;)

PS. Please give us a demo in January.

Edited by joka

DELAY! :angry::wall::rant: Just kidding. I got that all out of my system with the GR2 mess but I'm still a little ticked that we weren't given the chance to tear into North Korea. :( As long as GRIN is working to make it the best game possible it's A OK with me.

More time to play the demo then.

And better for GRIN & us when they get feedback on the demo...

Your assuming the demo won't be delayed as well. <_<

I haven't heard otherwise about the demo, so why assume it's delayed. Have some faith man, it's almost christmas! :santa:

Edited by Deosl

Someone once tried to tell Chuck Norris that roundhouse kicks aren't the best way to kick someone. This has been recorded by historians as the worst mistake anyone has ever made.

:rocky:

Eh, that's decent, but I prefer this:

Chuck Norris doesn't read books, he stares them down until he gets the information he needs.

or...

Stephen Hawking was the first and only person to outsmart Chuck Norris. He learned his lesson.

LOL

This is the official reason for delay.

Grin after much consideration, and the ammount of superb players applying to play Grin, in what can only be discribed as the match to end all matches, have decided to give them selves more time to practice for said event.

Ubisoft did a major climb down after Bo Andersson Team leader, begged and pleaded with them to hold off just for a couple more weeks.

This news is bought to you by some one who has now totaly lost the plot :rofl::rofl: wheres my jacket :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Colin

Seriously, think about it.

It's SO much easier to make a game for a console system. Why? EVERYTHING is uniform. You don't have to worry about system compatability etc etc. The PC industry has changed drastically in the past 3 - 4 years. There's no longer just "the big boys of hardware." There are smaller more specialized sompanies that are producing their own stuff. This is just MORE for the developer to deal with.

Not to mention, ANY modder of any quality here can tell you to expect delays. Major game devs, or small time modder... it doesn't matter. Whenever something goes into production there are always delays.

I agree with the Logos quote... sit back, chill... don't worry about it. And when it comes out, enjoy it.

I purposely avoid this forum for that reason. All I keep an eye on is release date. It's not the end of the world if it gets moved back. Seriously... I have better things to do with my time than fuss over a release date.

:rant:

Seriously, think about it.

It's SO much easier to make a game for a console system. Why? EVERYTHING is uniform. You don't have to worry about system compatability etc etc. The PC industry has changed drastically in the past 3 - 4 years. There's no longer just "the big boys of hardware." There are smaller more specialized sompanies that are producing their own stuff. This is just MORE for the developer to deal with.

Not to mention, ANY modder of any quality here can tell you to expect delays. Major game devs, or small time modder... it doesn't matter. Whenever something goes into production there are always delays.

I agree with the Logos quote... sit back, chill... don't worry about it. And when it comes out, enjoy it.

I purposely avoid this forum for that reason. All I keep an eye on is release date. It's not the end of the world if it gets moved back. Seriously... I have better things to do with my time than fuss over a release date.

:rant:

Your assumption in this case couldn't be further from the truth.

I wonder if this has anything to do with xbox 360 problems.

(Reuters) wrote:

LOS ANGELES - A Chicago man who bought Microsoft Corp.'s new Xbox 360 has sued the world's largest software maker, saying the new video game console has a design flaw that causes it to overheat and freeze up.

The proposed class action claims that in Microsoft's bid to gain share in the $25 billion global video game market, the company was so intent on releasing the Xbox 360 before competing next-generation machines from Sony Corp (NYSE:SNE - news). and Nintendo Co Ltd. that it sold a "defectively designed" product.

Robert Byers, who brought the suit, said the power supply and central processing unit in the Xbox 360 overheat, affecting heat-sensitive chips and causing the console to lock up.

Microsoft spokeswoman Molly O'Donnell on Monday said the company does not comment on pending litigation.

Complaints about the problem surfaced quickly on gaming enthusiast Web sites after the Xbox 360 debuted on November 22.

Console owners reported that some systems had crashed during regular use as well as during online game play using the Xbox Live service. Problems included screens going black and the appearance of a variety of error messages.

At the time O'Donnell told Reuters: "We have received a few isolated reports of consoles not working as expected."

She declined to say how many reports Microsoft had received and said that calls reporting the issue to the company represented a "very, very small fraction" of units sold.

The lawsuit, filed on Friday in federal court in Illinois, seeks unspecified damages and litigation-related expenses, as well as the replacement or recall of Xbox 360 game consoles.

Anyway, I'm not so surprised. Get ready to have it set back another 4 weeks next. We can only hope that GRIN/UBI will not goof on this one. It sucks for us, kind of. However this really gives time to BIS to get their act together and release Armed Assault first :devil:.

GR:AW and Armed Assault are similar, but differ in "realism". Deep down I want both titles. In the end I know GR:AW will at the very least find a quiet space on my HD to call it's own.

Armed Assault Press Release

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

We're all reading too much into this.

It's simply a matter of economics ... remember that the first two weeks of game sales are really all that matter from a return on investment standpoint used to benchmark the success of any given game by the publishers who publish them.

The reason for the delay is simply because they want to release the game with the most amount of x360 hardware penetration they can have. Blame it on MS's screwing up their foray into hardware. Remember MS is a software company ... and their lack of savvy when it comes to getting hardware to market is showing IN SPADES on the x360 ... just ask Japan.

You may notice a correllation between these delays and delays on getting hardware out.