Shhhamowwwn ######, ooo ooooooo!

Poita

I'd also find a hot key that sends a lightning bolt to kill every enemy on the map useful but i wouldn't want it at my disposal. ;)

I guess there has been so much 'diplomacy' in the way the issue has been answered that I still never got a clear picture aboout exactly what would and wouldn't be an option.

The way i remembered it was that the outlines would be turn offable but the diamonds and general enemy location indicators was still unclear.

Guys, there is no red outline in the PC version.

And the red diamonds doesn’t seem to be on/off option, since they are in every pics provided so far.

And yes Colin, we might appreciate them in game. It should be an option though for the folks who prefer the Classic taste, I thought that the makers understood that… we will see, provided with adequate footage, info, demo. ;)

I'd also find a hot key that sends a lightning bolt to kill every enemy on the map useful but i wouldn't want it at my disposal.  ;)

I guess there has been so much 'diplomacy' in the way the issue has been answered that I still never got a clear picture aboout exactly what would and wouldn't be an option.

The way i remembered it was that the outlines would be turn offable but the diamonds and general enemy location indicators was still unclear.

turn offable? did you mean able to be toggled or turned on and off? :P

Yeah that's what i meant. I like corrupted English when it's got a certian cadence to it. ;)

See, like me, Raton is'nt sure if the diamonds are togglable offable or not either.

To be honest it still totally blows and boggles my mind that any dev would think the average player would want a red diamond tagged to every enemy in a game. I mean, that's what 'virtua Cop' used to do in that arcade game. That was fun but it was just a dumb bit of fun. it may seem something small but to me when a bunch of devs are in a meeting and they come up with the idea of 'lets have a bright red diamond and maybe a red outline on every enemy so the players dont need to find them' . . . then i start to wonder what they think of us, or to be more precise, what they think of the main stream players they hope will buy GRAW.

So, despite my optimism from the console chat about the diamonds being togglable . . . it's still not 100% clear to some of us if it's the case.

To be honest it still totally blows and boggles my mind that any dev would think the average player would want a red diamond tagged to every enemy in a game. 

:yes: I can't understand that either. What kind of future high tech stuff would be able to do that anyhow? :unsure:

Yeah that's what i meant. I like corrupted English when it's got a certian cadence to it.  ;)

See, like me, Raton is'nt sure if the diamonds are togglable offable or not either. 

To be honest it still totally blows and boggles my mind that any dev would think the average player would want a red diamond tagged to every enemy in a game.  I mean, that's what 'virtua Cop' used to do in that arcade game. That was fun but it was just a dumb bit of fun. it may seem something small but to me when a bunch of devs are in a meeting and they come up with the idea of 'lets have a bright red diamond and maybe a red outline on every enemy so the players dont need to find them' . . . then i start to wonder what they think of us, or to be more precise, what they think of the main stream players they hope will buy GRAW.

So, despite my optimism from the console chat about the diamonds being togglable . . . it's still not 100% clear to some of us if it's the case.

:rofl: Is that what you really think went down at the meeting? haha. I think perhaps they were thinking more along the lines of, what would fit with this futuristic cross-com feel. And actually, although I don't want it either, it is pretty realistic with the theme.

That would have been funny though if they all just decided to do it like you said, wouldn't make much sense. :stupid:

To be honest it still totally blows and boggles my mind that any dev would think the average player would want a red diamond tagged to every enemy in a game. 

:yes: I can't understand that either. What kind of future high tech stuff would be able to do that anyhow? :unsure:

Didnt I just see video of that very REAL tech on this site not long ago...Ill be honest...freaked me out.

HACK

Infrared, and the Ghosts have a ''friendly emitter'' to identify them as green. I believe that such a technology exist but is not widely used, as allied troops still shoot and bomb each others now a days

Ye tell us about it, in the first Gulf War the British put giant Union Jacks ontop of our Tanks so they could be spotted easily as allied forces from the Air.

Problem was some Allied Forces (whom i sharn't name) obviously mis-took these as Targets and aimed their bombs at them. :)

Point being really is that during intense action, reflexs often trigger before brain fully engages.So no matter how advanced you IFF is, theres gonna be some FF.

Yeah even if in the now infamous 'meeting' they did decide it because it fits with the high tech theme they should still have also asked themselfs . . . . . 'er . . . but will it be more funerer to play that way or will the players feel that the job of finding the enemy is being done for them and therefore much of the tension is being taken away from the game'.

I'm sure one day the techmollogy as Ali G calls it will be reliable as far as functionality goes (like comparing a skittish Windows app to say an operating system on a gadget like a camera or phone which are almost always reliable) . . . but even then if it worked fine i'd have to say the concept is bull. All taht equipment and crap over your face restricts so much of your onsite vision that even if it does give you intel on some enemy positions it can't find them all. You got stupid windows popping up in your eyeview with your general mouthing off on video and the eye kit block out all your perhipheral vision from what i see of hte eyeware in the renders.

Anyway, why not put a gun on the hover drone and let it take out the enemy and be done with the automation dealy.

Didnt I just see video of that very REAL tech on this site not long ago...Ill be honest...freaked me out.

I'm not talking about I.D.ing friendly troops. I'm talking about what kind of tech would be able to I.D. enemy with a red diamond or other marking to tell them apart from civilians or anyone else. :unsure:

I'm not talking about I.D.ing friendly troops. I'm talking about what kind of tech would be able to I.D. enemy with a red diamond or other marking to tell them apart from civilians or anyone else. :unsure:

So am I....let me see if I can find the footage...my understanding of how it works is lets say I see a baddie...I tag him as such...and a guy in front of a PC somewhere marks him....

HACK

The one major reason why most people make a stink about this, is that when it comes down to it, it really does not make the game any more fun to play, and it makes it far easier(it seems). I'm all for the implementation of real technology(or unreal, for that matter), if it makes the game more entertaining, within reason.

However, I don't want to be too judgemental having never played it.

Look at the realism Mods that were out for GR1 that turned off indicators and even blimps on the map of enemy ... all things that were deemed needed for the game.

IE: Team set to Recon would ID enemy and then you see red marker on the map. I would rather in GRAW have diamonds on the map than on my screen, the classic GR1 "Check Map" shout :D .

Anyway my point is ... without those features with these mods it made it harder but a lot more immersive.

When we get the game and "if" we realise they are useful and "needed" 1 year (or far less) down the road we may be used to things enough to remove them, so to have them toggle on/off is a must, and I would pretty much guess it will be.

("Outlines" - are crap full-stop though :devil::D )