drivable vehicles.

I must have missed this question being asked, and I understand that we will be able to ride in vehicles like helo's etc, but can they be driven by players as well? a la BF2 etc, < seems like a feature that should be there because of the competition from all the other games that do have them >

JF

Edited by JFSebastian

I must have missed this question being asked, and I understand that we will be able to ride in vehicles  like helo's etc, but can they be driven by players as well? a la BF2 etc, < seems like a feature that should be there because of the competition from all the other games that do have them >

JF

I really hope they have vehicles....that would be awesome to have the LAW or the SRAW rocket launcher etc. put to good use.

We had a rocket launcher in GR1 but the tanks were AI....didnt like that.

I must have missed this question being asked, and I understand that we will be able to ride in vehicles  like helo's etc, but can they be driven by players as well? a la BF2 etc, < seems like a feature that should be there because of the competition from all the other games that do have them >

JF

I really hope they have vehicles....that would be awesome to have the LAW or the SRAW rocket launcher etc. put to good use.

We had a rocket launcher in GR1 but the tanks were AI....didnt like that.

DRIVEABLE VEHICLES?! That is NOT Ghost Recon.

What do 4 ghosts need vehicles for? It's not like they are transporting troops, supplies, etc. Or even heading in an armored division. GHOSTS are QUIET..VEHICLES are LOUD. Vehicles would defy the very story behind the game. Swift, Silent, and Deadly. Is that how you think of a tank or humvee? I think the opposite. I think Lethargic, Loud as hell, and possibly deadly. This is not HALO or BF2.

Edited by Pave Low

OK, everyone chill out. Fact, you can ride in a helo and there are tanks and Stryker type vehicles in game, but you cannot operate them.

Shame you can't operate them.

Play BF2, if you play on some servers like Tactical Gamer.com servers you'll find mature gamers playing the game how its supposed to be played.

Its not GR....but its a fun game.

The Armor or "vehicles" in the game can play a role, a fun, interesting tactical role.

If they dont have them, perhaps they can steal them if need be.

I'm not a vehicle fan. If GRIN did offer drivable vehicles, I'd say that the vehicles should be things that make sense:

4 Tracs (4 wheel motor cycles)

Baja Racing style vehicles (like the ones SEALs and other groups are often pictured in)

Unmarked Pickups

In general I'm fine without these things, just think before adding vehicles is all I'm asking of GRIN.

Pilots fly and tank crews operate tanks.

silent_op

I would not like drivable vehicles in the GR series. In fact, apart from insertion and extraction, I would not even like to ride on vehicles. Some enemy vehicles are very welcome. I would especially like to see jeeps and a few trucks. Whenever there is a waterbody present, mororboats carrying enemies would be great. Thankfully, that is what we are having in GRAW.

Edited by buddhiraja73

Driveable vehicles are a feature of some games and are actually quite fun.

I am as keen to know all about GRAW as the rest of you, no harm in asking, and FYI I am sure in RL that some ground vehicles ARE used by the type of forces these guys are meant to represent.

There were tanks etc in GR1, and ocasionally it would have been nice to be able to steal one and give a bit back to the guys who were shootin the crap out of me with it ...........

Anyhow, it would appear that the answer is no, thanks for the answer WK.

Fact, you can ride in a helo and there are tanks and Stryker type vehicles in game, but you cannot operate them.

Regds JF

Edited by Pave Low

Yeah we have all played disappointing games But don’t automatically blame having vehicles for a poor game (just like JFSebastian I’m sure a lot of us have played games with Drivable vehicles and had great fun) :thumbsup:

Although the game format does play a big part in how the game is played, It still boils down to where you play and with whom

*You can put tactical players in an idiot game and they can still manage to play it tactically.

*Just as you can put idiots in a tactical game and they will play true to form

*But of course Tactical players + a well though out and developed game = GOLD

Joint operations for an example, is legendary for its Single snipers “stealing” vehicles to run off on their own to the other island When there are numerous players at the spawn point who are then left stranded until another vehicle spawns

Whereas waiting for a couple of other players to hop in results in all the weapons being manned and a better chance for survival or if the sniper goes as a passenger he can then be dropped off en route and is less conspicuous (than if he lands the chopper and then runs off leaving the empty chopper sitting outside the enemy base).

Or another JO classic, sitting In a carefully position parked vehicle defending the base when some idiot jumps in and “steals you” ignoring your chat messages –“STOP!!! I’m DEFENDING” and drives you straight in the middle of the enemy base where you promptly get clobbered (and the base you were defend OK gets overrun)

The number one negative game quoted here is BF2 - just look for example as to how the designers implemented tanks – the driver can operate the main gun :wall: (no gunner role) so it’s no wonder you get one man Rambo’s running and gunning In them

Joint Ops – Escalation tried hard and kept the 3 man crew format Driver, Gunner Commander and rewarded the other crew members by awarding them points for assisting in the kills - But this doesn’t always work and you still got idiots driving off in tanks alone and then quickly stopping and switching to the gunners seat to use the main gun then switching back and driving off

Beleive it or not, I have had some great JoE games :P but only where people were playing together as a team and were prepared to cooperate, e.g.

Driver: gets the vehicle to where it needs to go and puts it in the best tactical position,
    Commander: watches for danger, Spots targets and indicates the plan & route
    Gunner: kills the bad guys with the assistance of the other 2 crew members

Unfortunately the typical game is 20 individual all running around all doing their own thing, and the result is chaos

So don't necessarily blame the vehicles - blame the operator(s) :P Vehicles can be added to a game and it works well eg OFP or VBS1 (but it is normally a rarity)

But to reiterate you cannot operate the vehicles in GRAW so no need for some of the previous heated comments this subject can bring up.

IMO - "GR series" + Drivable Vehicles = GR lovers wont have it.

Im a GR lover and after looking at the games that do have it they all tend to be a bit ... well ... not GR in a gameplay sense.

Im sure that if they did have it in GRAW there would have been a thread as long as your font & back door balanced on top of each other with many less positive discussions about it.

As Mark & Lard would say - "no neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed". (UK thing).

:)

IMO - "GR series" + Drivable Vehicles = GR lovers wont have it.

Im a GR lover and after looking at the games that do have it they all tend to be a bit ... well ... not GR in a gameplay sense.

Im sure that if they did have it in GRAW there would have been a thread as long as your font & back door balanced on top of each other with many less positive discussions about it.

As Mark & Lard would say - "no neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed".  (UK thing).

:)

THANKYOU :thumbsup: