New Screens

The hand needs work!?  Who gives a crap about the hand, no offense, I want to see unique gameplay and functionality with lots of options.  The hand needs work?  How picky can you get?

The hand needs work!?  Who gives a crap about the hand, no offense, I want to see unique gameplay and functionality with lots of options.  The hand needs work?  How picky can you get?

And yet another reason for no weapons view.

AMEN

if GRIN has all the other angles of the game covered, wouldnt it be nice to have some good looking graphics.

dont get me wrong, I WANT GREAT GAMEPLAY, and nothing less, but i also want the game to look good.

if its not hurting the gameplay whats wrong with having good graphics, or are you against anything better that GR1?

Everything seems to look very 'washed out', it still reminds me of a painting or something and not in-game =/

I guess i have to see video before making judgement.. Screens never look better than the actual game anymore because we can't see some of the effects.

One of the things that bothers me is Texture Quality. It seems very blurry.

Edited by whoa182

As i said, gameplay the first priority but it doesnt mean that graphics dont matter at all.

Whether it's a glove or whatever it looks just plain bad. I think the closer something is to us in the game the better it should look anda few extra resources should be given to it. In COD2 and the new demo Lost Coast HL2 the gun and hand looks very nice. The sheen on the gun changing with the light is sublime in HL2.

I personally like the gun view in games so we should have the option. Those who dont want it just turn it off. But if it's gonna be an option it should look as good as possible. I enjoy the look of different gun designs, apart from their practical use there is an aesthetic enjoyment to seing them and seeing them being fired etc.

So if the hand is that close would should be able to make out the stitching on the glove and even the texture of the material. It might not be important to those who dont even want a gun view in the first place but to others it is.

By the way, in the one screen shot that communications tower with all the dishes looks about as bad as anything in any 3D game i've every seen.

Hi,

(If this has already been answered, could someone point me in the right direction, please)

Is GRAW going to look as good as something like BF2? From those screenshots it looks like its lacking some va va vooom. Some of the earlier screenshots I say a few months ago looked a bit too raven shieldy for my liking....

I have forked out money upgrading my PC in anticipation of each release date only to be met with disappointment! :wall: I bought BF2 out of frustration of waiting for "ghost recon 2", then ghost recon 3 which has now changed to GRAW. To play BF2 properly I had to buy a new another new graphics card. So I did, blindly believing that "they" wouldn't put the release date for GRAW back once again :stupid::angry: (FX6800 256ddr etc etc).

So if GRAW doesn't make the most of it i'm gonna spaz out!!! :o=:devil:

I'm only saying this because if I look at a BF2 screenshot it doesn't look as if its been painted with watercolours :whistle:

thank you.

Maybe the in-game settings are set low to medium in those screenshots? Only way to be able to see the overall quality graphics in GR:AW is with the demo or more screenshots. I think it'll look top notch with settings cranked to the max.

ooops. sorry, i didn't read or see this or the last few posts. I haven't eaten yet and I just wanted to vent some furious anger over those screenies :devil:

"if GRIN has all the other angles of the game covered, wouldnt it be nice to have some good looking graphics.

dont get me wrong, I WANT GREAT GAMEPLAY, and nothing less, but i also want the game to look good.

if its not hurting the gameplay whats wrong with having good graphics, or are you against anything better that GR1?"

Yeah I would like the game to look AND sound good too. But not at the expense of having the game look amazing in multiplayer and then having a totally shabby disgraceful single player mode in terms of gameplay :nono:

I mean, I played GR1 with a TNT2 :whistle: for ages (I didn't know any better), because I loved the way the game played.

I don't know where those screen shots came from but if they are official releases there is no way they would take a 'low setting' shot. If anything they usually try to get an unrealistically high spec pc to take a shot from.

When WK came back from Germany, he said that the graphics was pretty good. As far as I remember, he said that the only thing he did not like about the visuals was -- the light seemed to wash out the visuals somewhat and needed to be toned down. Maybe, he can shed some 'light' on this.

Also, the graphics in the leaked video looked impressive, though the screen was small. From this, I conclude that the visuals will be impressive. I just wonder why less impressive screens are released, that create doubts in the minds of people. There must be a reason, I just don't know it and hope I get the answer.

Edited by buddhiraja73

Hi,

(If this has already been answered, could someone point me in the right direction, please)

Is GRAW going to look as good as something like BF2? From those screenshots it looks like its lacking some va va vooom. Some of the earlier screenshots I say a few months ago looked a bit too raven shieldy for my liking....

I have forked out money upgrading my PC in anticipation of each release date only to be met with disappointment!  :wall:  I bought BF2 out of frustration of waiting for "ghost recon 2", then ghost recon 3 which has now changed to GRAW. To play BF2 properly I had to buy a new another new graphics card. So I did, blindly believing that "they" wouldn't put the release date for GRAW back once again  :stupid:   :angry: (FX6800 256ddr etc etc).

So if GRAW doesn't make the most of it i'm gonna spaz out!!!   :o=  :devil:

I'm only saying this because if I look at a BF2 screenshot it doesn't look as if its been painted with watercolours   :whistle:

thank you.

I'm sure you will be alright with a 6800, depending on the rest of your setup.

Edited by DBrown918

I don't know where those screen shots came from but if they are official releases there is no way they would take a 'low setting' shot. If anything they usually try to get an unrealistically high spec pc to take a shot from.

When WK came back from Germany, he said that the graphics was pretty good. As far as I remember, he said that the only thing he did not like about the visuals was -- the light seemed to wash out the visuals somewhat and needed to be toned down. Maybe, he can shed some 'light' on this.

Also, the graphics in the leaked video looked impressive, though the screen was small. From this, I conclude that the visuals will be impressive. I just wonder why less impressive screens are released, that create doubts in the minds of people. There must be a reason, I just don't know it and hope I get the answer.

("The light seemed to wash out the visuals somewhat and needed to be toned down"). That sounds like High Dynamic Range Lighting, to be honest with you i personally don't like the somewhat over BLOOM fx Half Life 2's Lost Coast is an example of this washed visuals look in game, to me it's somewhat distracting when gaming, a nice fx in some areas of the map. But i guess we'll be able to turn off hdr fx in game anyway.

I HOPE I have to buy all new hardware....this game will probably have to last us a couple of years....AND you want it to have the graphical ability of 2 YEARS AGO!?

Naw, make it the latest bleeding edge you can...it will have to last.

Buy more parts.

or play GR1.

And yet another reason for no weapons view.

:yes: We GR die hard fans deserve this option.

I have a clarification on the weapon view. While GRIN cannont totally get rid of it for us fans of no weapon view, we will have it mixed in. When running, fast crawling and in a crouch move, the weapon will drop out of sight and pop back up when we stop or walk.

They can't totally remove it as there are features that are tied to the weapon view and the testers would go crazy with a last minute change that big. ;)

I have a clarification on the weapon view. While GRIN cannont totally get rid of it for us fans of no weapon view, we will have it mixed in. When running, fast crawling and in a crouch move, the weapon will drop out of sight and pop back up when we stop or walk.

They can't totally remove it as there are features that are tied to the weapon view and the testers would go crazy with a last minute change that big. ;)

That's cool, I can deal with that. Thanks GRIN for listening to us :thumbsup: .

See, that's what I always remember hearing when I think about it. They wanted the player to feel like they actually had a presence in relationship to the environment and what they were doing. You can see that pretty well, I think, in a lot of the OTS 360 clips...

But you gotta ask yourself, if you're locked into first person (blame the fans :), how are you going to show that? Better, how are you going to show it with the classic no FPW view?

Mind you, I've always been a fan of the No FPW for immersion factor from the angle that when you're snapping away at a target 50 meters down range, what you see past the sights fills your consciousness, not crisp gun detail. But, um, I still can't answer that question of 'how do you present what your body is doing?' from that view. If GRIN can deliver on what's been suggested, dropping the gun in movement, guns rising higher when you're pressed against the floor, or angling differently when you're trying to take shots around the corner (and differently for left/right) I'd be very happy. I've always hated this 'gun held out and centered while I'm running at a full clip and the external character model shows me holding it against my chest'-decal type junk.

I probably should've asked this earlier. Much earlier ..like I could make a difference. heh :)

I noticed two things on the new PC screends I didn't notice before. First, I'm worried that the models might be doing the 'warped barrel' thing. You know, where the end of the barrel and the body of the gun are drawn to two seperate vanishing points...so that the barrel looks like it's firing towards the center of the ret/screen while the gun looks like it's being held straight out from the body if a little to the side.

Someone tell me if im imagining things. I hope so :)

Second is the ammo counter. Are we actually getting bullets/magazines? And are we actually getting tracked magazines (ala R6 / GR 1) instead of the magic 'dip into ammo pool and top off the capacity' trick?

I know this was an issue that came up during GR2 development, and RSE said they would be looking at mag tracking for the PC version, but the magic pool thing worked well for console expectations. All though GRAW, I've been seeing (small number)/(Insanely huge number), which made things look doubtful. Of course, we had early builds and mostly 360 ones at that.