Is it possible to get infinite enemies?

Mooky Guy

• 3 weeks later...
Hey I was wondering if it is possible to create a mission where the bad guys keep coming in waves non stop with the same path and objectives.

Yes Mooky,

Create a company with whatever amount of enemy you choose...and give its teams their plan...(I find that my sever runs best when respawning enemy forces in large numbers...I keep the respawn betweem 25 and 35 actors at a time)

Now create a 2nd company(call it Enemy 2) exactly the same amount of actors as the first company, and the same placement on the map..now give this companys teams identical trigger plans.

Group: <Default>

Comment:

Trigger Event:

The simulation is starting.

Responses:

Set player platoon to (The player-controlled platoon).

Hide Enemy 2 from the game world.

Trigger Event:

All actors in Enemy have been killed.

Responses:

Allow this block to be reactivated.

Make Enemy 2 visible to the game world.

Execute team plan (use this for every team trigger plan)

This is the only way I know how to accomplish what your asking, although a more experienced scripter may know a better way...but I tried a dummy mission...and it works fine.

As far as both being able to reach the objectives...just be sure that you reference both companies when scripting the objectives

All the Best

Biker

Edited by 9MS Biker

Biker`s way works fine. :D

Few other meathods i tried and work nicely.

I used the Roadblock map. Blocked the entrances to the main road leading South down to the hospital. Placed all the Assault Platoon Zones (AP 0a - AP 2c) spreading west from hospital past straw huts in the South East area. Spawned enemy assault force of 140 and they all came North to our position by the road eventually. Fun sniping. Insert point was half way up the road.

Also i use say about 20 teams of 6 all behind each oher. Time elapsed, every 20 secs let 2 0r 3 teams go. All following same path. Or when a team is killed turn AI on for next team and they will go....etc.

Each time a platoon is killed, teleport a new platoon to the lasp plt`s init location, give them same plan. If you cannot see the AI start point, Teleport them to effects in the sky. You will see the AI dropping like paras. Give them invincibility til they land. Looks cool anyway.

Not sure how many AI can be used in 1 map, have never used more than 160 myself. However I think i have seen 200 in game before.

:whistle:

So you guys are saying that I should create large amounts of forces and have them execute the same plans? I got that to work - too bad I suck at scripting by just using plans I had 200 attack me at once, or had them wait 30 seconds in between waves. Really intense. Anyway thanks a lot guys, once I get this scripting thing down I'll be perfect.

Edited by Mooky Guy

Mookey

I'm not saying too respawn 200 hundred at a time. I'm saying...make 2 companies... each consisting of anywhere from 25 to 35 actors....this way it will have less of a tendency to lag out the server when respawning occurs.

And to limit the lag possibilties even more...you can respawn half the size again ...by using timers...

contact me Mooky...if you still have problems

Biker

Edited by 9MS Biker