Ghost Recon.net Forums

GR:AW Dev. Chat Summary

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look back at any RSE created game, there was no SDK released for it either. After talking with a certain dev from RSE, I can understand why one would not be released.

Everyone talks about how bad cheating is in such and such a game. Yes, cheating is in GR, R6 and RS, but imagine if the cheat makers had source code as they do for other games that have had SDK's released, even more cheating. Do people want more cheating or do they want just some modding tools the way RSE released them. Personally, I would rather see modding tools, even if it is just a sandbox type editor.

You have valid concerns WK. But no matter what, cheats will be created for this game once it goes live, SDK or no SDK.

Great game mods only increase the replayability and community around the game.

P.S. most of the games you listed, don't have support track records that this game should aspire to.

Take a look back at any RSE created game, there was no SDK released for it either. After talking with a certain dev from RSE, I can understand why one would not be released.

Everyone talks about how bad cheating is in such and such a game. Yes, cheating is in GR, R6 and RS, but imagine if the cheat makers had source code as they do for other games that have had SDK's released, even more cheating. Do people want more cheating or do they want just some modding tools the way RSE released them. Personally, I would rather see modding tools, even if it is just a sandbox type editor.

You have valid concerns WK. But no matter what, cheats will be created for this game once it goes live, SDK or no SDK.

Great game mods only increase the replayability and community around the game.

P.S. most of the games you listed, don't have support track records that this game should aspire to.

And what games do have track records to aspire to? No matter what happens, you have dishonest people in the world.

And what games do have track records to aspire to?  No matter what happens, you have dishonest people in the world.

You're not serious are you :blink: ? Or is this just fanboi froth :drool:?

Don't get me wrong, I'm very hopeful that we'll see a long overdo class successor to a classic tactical shooter that's a great game and has great support that helps expand an already great community.

But then I remember some other very promising Tom Clancy's sequels that had lots of hype and hope and how incredibly badly they were supported at a variety of levels.

Choose to ignore UBI's track record if you want, this gamer isn't willing to take that leap of faith again thank you very much.

The dev chat was the best Q&A on the game to date. That's a good thing. Was it a great chat? No, not particularly. But it's nice to know some more generalities about the game.

Best bit of news out of the chat...a demo is coming and it will be pre-release. That's good and exciting news.

Most informative news out of the chat...the talk about how the PC version is going to be different from the console version.

Things that make you go hmmmm from the chat...hey, did he say expansion?!

Lows of the chat...very scant on specifics, promises on delivering some pretty essential game tools and features post-release which has been problematic for UBI subsiduraries in the past.

Bout all this horse can be beat on mah end :bye:

There have been modding tools for PhotoShop and 3dSM released for R6 (no 3d SM plugins), RS and GR. Typically they were released on the first mission pack. IGOR was shipped with GR. Check the CD. Modders also made tools to use with GR even before RSE released tool.

RSE did support the modders, they just didn't release the tools until they were ready too. Nothing wrong with that.

How about in New Zealand? Ever since Lord of The Rings was made over here, my back yard has become infested with hobbits who all think they can conquer the world! :blink:

They need to be taught a lesson!

We've got so much scenery to use, it gets boring looking out my window at sun, surf and half nekkid chix (and sheep too, but they're completely nekkid)! :sheep:

[ +Ulf ] If we were to develop an expansion pack - what would you like to see in it?

I always thought going to Korea sounded like fun. :whistle:

HACK

:stupid:

Somone really should have said that :lol: I wonder what the devs would have said.. probably somthing around the lines of '' we'll cancle this one to if you keep that up ''