Overrated

Foxtrot360

Does anyone else think this game is overrated? I'm suprised anyone who played GR cares for it.... Thats all my friends play now and it dont support anything that could actually run it in reality..

I also think it wants you to upgrade just to get it to play..

BF2 is lame :devil:

Yes, i have played it... Arcadish

Edited by Foxtrot23

I think its a complete POS and i have just uninstalled it from my comp.. <_<

I dont know why they bother with ground forces at all, its all spamming from Arty/helicopters/Armour on maps that are too small so that trying to spawn anywhere is impossible, people spinning in mid air while firng on full auto, etc etc etc ..

I tried it, i hated it ...

I forgot , they also steal vehicles from ya.. (before yo can get it) like bf1942 huh...

glad someone agrees..

Im not sure i think a patch fixed it or the game itself , but spawn rape prolly still there... How do you fight when you get killed every spawn? People tell me getting rushed / spawn killed gives you skill, its a load of bs in every game.. but especially in BF 2

Edited by Foxtrot23

There should have been a time limit when you spawn where you cannot kill or be killed but will at least give you time to get away from the obligitory Arty/helicopter/spawnraping snipers etc etc ..

There is a spawn time limit, it lasts for 10 seconds.. Then you select where you want to spawn..

EDIT:

I dont think its Overrated, I think its OverHATED ... I mean there are players out there who have a nice fun battle .. I've been TK'ed a few times, then you can PUNISH them thats why there is a PUNISH button so the TKers learn a lesson etc.... Or a final solution a BOOT .. I get over it ... ITs just a game .. Most of my mates play it & love it we keep the peace! ..

:thumbsup:

Edited by GooseBumps

There should have been a time limit when you spawn where you cannot kill or be killed but will at least give you time to get away from the obligitory Arty/helicopter/spawnraping snipers etc etc ..

There is a spawn time limit, it lasts for 10 seconds.. Then you select where you want to spawn..

Thats not what i said, i want a certain period of time after you spawn where you cannot kill or be killed, to prevent the ridiculous situation of spawning into the middle of an Arty barrage or stop people spawnraping etc, you would have to leave the immediate area of the spawn within a certain time period before continuing with the game..

it dont support anything that could actually run it in reality..

Imagine that, a computer game that a) isn't like reality and b) Arcadish. Crikey. I'd better take my copy right back to the shop as I hadn't realised that the representation of war I was seeing on my screen isn't like real life.

Oh yes, that's sarcasm by the way.

I also think it's over-rated, sorry guys. 25 shots from an M249 to take down one person is just slightly over the top. So is 4 rockets from the missle launcher to take down one tank.

I find, when playing against the bots, if I work my way behind enemy lines and into the enemy base, as soon as I step 1 foot into that base, enemy artyshells start raining down on me.

If outnumbered by the enemy bots at a flag, I find ALL of the bots at that flag gang up, pull out their combat knives, all run at you and stab you to death. The combat knife can kill you in one hit too....

There's very little choice in character models, even then, we can't customise them in game (I don't want to always wear a cap as a SF character).

And I agree with the whole thing about the vehicles. Everyone else seems to make a dash for the vehicles, and steal them anyone else can get there.

The maps are tiny. Period.

Ah well, I had best get on with these weapon sounds....

First, Sup is right...BF2 and GR are not comparable.

Anyways, I always chuckle when I read posts like this...

"gamer x hates game y because of reasons a-z"

Many said/say the same thing about Counterstrike...but a quick trip to Gamespy paints a totally different picture about these games...

-Top Five-

Half Life: 45,698

Half Life 2: 31,850

Battlefield 2: 26,332

Unreal Tournament 2004: 6,682

Americas Army: Special Forces: 6,373

As much as I hate to say it...Ghost Recon never posted these kinds of numbers...even when it was game of the year. The truth of the matter is (as unfortunate as it is) - realistic tac-sims have a very small audience and that's why most of the big companies stray away from this concept...because in the end, for them...it's all about money.

If you doubt this...take a look at the original Rainbow Six compared with the latest installments...especially the console versions...console versions almost never have the "one hit one kill" logic or realistic gameplay because console gamers wouldn't buy it. I fear Ghost Recon is tragically going down this path as well (again, already has on console - play GR2 and you'll see what I mean) and in my opinion, this is why the dev team always puts the time frame in the future... so they can get away with more "unrealisitic" realism...if that makes sense...

But since the original topic was about BF2 though...I'll say this...most of your comments/complaints weren't design flaws, but problems with game play associated with unruly players. This is true of any game that has 25,000+ players on at a given time...just a matter of statistics.

IMHO - BF2 is a stunning game with beautiful audio/visual effects, intense game play, an intricate but rewarding ranking/award system, unique concepts (like the Commander position), tons of features (like Battlefield Recorder and actual mod tools)...in fact if you look at the Ghost Recon wish list, you'll notice there are a lot of things that GR players want that are available in BF2.

Definitely a Game of the Year contender.

@ Cobaka, I don't have any mods for BF2, I was talking about the standard BF2.

I still prefer the larger choice of vehicles and the enormous maps in Soeldner. And way I say enormous, I mean exactly that. Too see how large the maps in Soeldner are, I flew for like 2 hours straight in either direction of the training camp, and the map did not repeat itself. New vehicles and weapons (incl. the FN SCAR-L coming in the new patch, out soon).

Some sweet MODS are coming out for BF2, Like Battlehammer 40K , Battle2urismo & Interstate mod & many more.. They are making beta versions for these mods as well AKA mini-mods..

Most MAJOR mods for GR get delayed or Canceled.. Although i apreciate the hard work they do ..

Stunt videos show how good the physics are for vehicles, Air & Grounded ..

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

In reply to the original topic post, I feel that its not over rated for the thousands of people who play it and enjoy it!!. I have only ever played BF2 and didnt play the earlier versions because I was still playing GR flat out.

I actually very much like the game from an engine point of view, but absolutly HATE it from a game play point of view, 4 shots from and ANTI-TANK rocket to kill a tank is noinesense, but they have to do weapons balance like that to make a tank survive for any more that 1 minute if it was able to be killed with 1 hit, same with the helo's and other stuff.

Those who play it know how bad a rubber boat is under fire, and a tank or helo would fare the same from rockets, stingers etc, if they were using real life based damage physics. I, like everyone else I play with, feel there needs to be some tweeking of the aircraft and helo damage to make them more realistsic, because right now they can come and go almost at will and take a lot of kills without being shot down so easily, and that plus the arty is a pain in the ass. (no I am not even going to mention the damm bunnyhoppers)

To me one of the two biggest problems is the game play type, all this CTF is just bull, I even made the mistake of buying the SF's addon, and now just run around in differant gear, no real chhange to anything cept the uniforms and weapons, SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!.

And there is the other problem with the game, LMS would not really work with alll the guys who play it because of the game style they like to play, can you imagine the howls from 60 guys who have run out of respawns waiting for the last couple of guys to get shot and finish the round!!!!!!!!!. No chance. The problem with public servers is the mentality of the players and the game type, GR had better game goals and a far more mature player base, and as far as I am concerned thats just fine with me.

So I agree that this game sucks, for me anyway, as I cannot play it for any length of time, several hours +, due to the nature of the game play goals, unlike GR where I could play it all night and still be ready for more. If there was a better game play type than CTF, I would try playing it, but for now I just play it while I am waiting for GRAW.

LOL it is going to take me 10 YEARS!!! to get to 2nd Lt anyway acccording to my stats below, so what sort of a dummass game makes promotion that hard to get!!!!!!!!!!!!.

http://bf2s.com/player/=SE=JF1/

JF

• 3 weeks later...

Believe it or not, JO is still a better game than this---and I was very disappointed with what JO was as compared to it's potential.

But I agree that realism gaming is a niche market and not what the majority likes.

No surprise that so many GR players are on this bandwagon since GR was always infected with these run and gun bunny hoppers anyway.

Does anyone else think this game is overrated? I'm suprised anyone who played GR cares for it.... Thats all my friends play now and it dont support anything that could actually run it in reality..

I also think it wants you to upgrade just to get it to play..

BF2 is lame  :devil:

Did you try the demo first? Can i have your copy of bf2 if you don't want it? Edited by =warcloud=