Project Offset

Hyperblade

I did a forum search and couldn't find any relevant threads but I assume some of you may have already heard of and seen this game which is in development.

The game is code-named Project Offset. Three people have been working on this game and entirely self-funded but they are now looking for publishers and have been hiring others to help in development.

Anyway the game is going to be an epic fantasy first person shooter and you'll be able to ride dragons and use catapults etc. Alot more information on their website in what they are aiming to do with the game. Of course it won't be out for a while but it'll be very beneficial once they land a publisher who can help them out.

Also download and check out the two Sneak Peak videos from the download section.

Official Site

www.projectoffset.com/

Downloads

www.projectoffset.com/downloads.html

:rocky:

Edited by Hyperblade

Yes this has been on my must watch list. It is good to see they have aquired the funding to push it further.

To me, this is the kind of game project that shows what a few folks with a passion and the will to sacrifice can create. So far, even though they have shown very little the engine is turning heads. To see their goal of making it opensource/affordable to indies is really awaome.

For those of you who have not seen this, and enjoy new game technology and game design being pushed to the limits this is a game o check out. Oh and there artists are awsome.

Edit:

You know one of the things that really catches my eye with this is the sence of excitment in the 'gameplay' footage. It just feels good to watch you want to see him just leap into action. If the trailer is any indication (normally isnt, but who expected this sleeper anyway) this is going to be an great game and very pleasing to the eye.

Edited by Suli

Thats some amazing stuff right there! :blink:

From the interview link to the game tv site I think they are looking (unless they get staffed and bigger budget / more supprt) 2-3 years in the making.

Gives a glimpse at the game quality for that time frame ... pretty much CGI movies in realtime.