GDC V: Red Storm

the.ronin

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say these entries are awsome Ladies and Gents very nice very nice indeed.

I would say there are some lonely Girl and Boy Freinds out there this month.

Some of us are still waiting for a little some thing from a certain someone in here, a clue ,this is how you do this.

Colin

wuth logo desiign most clients have core colours and generaly unless the brief states otherwise that is what you use as your starting point.....some briefs however will ask for a total rebranding where you will look at the whole concept. including everything from colour pallet fonts logos etc...

..would anyone be interested in "The GDC clinic" to see a break down of how we appoached our worked towards our final submission, i for one would love to see how you guys worked it though.

..would anyone be interested in "The GDC clinic" to see a break down of how we appoached our worked towards our final submission, i for one would love to see how you guys worked it though.

I have been asking a certain some one for this a while but no joy.

YES PLEASE.

Colin

See now, if I could do this stuff then this would be my vision:

A battle waging on the Battlefield map in the burnt out village, guns blazing, tanks firing, fires burning, black clouds and blood red sky - all done in blacks and reds, with the Red Storm coloured red in the black clouds, and the Entertainment text coloured red again in the black ground below the firefight.

If someone wants to attempt that, Id love to see my vision created.

Lighty out.

See now, if I could do this stuff then this would be my vision:

A battle waging on the Battlefield map in the burnt out village, guns blazing, tanks firing, fires burning, black clouds and blood red sky - all done in blacks and reds, with the Red Storm coloured red in the black clouds, and the Entertainment text coloured red again in the black ground below the firefight.

If someone wants to attempt that, Id love to see my vision created.

Lighty out.

It's ashamed you won't even give it a shot ... not only is this a great idea, it hits on more of the essence of logo design than some of the entries have thus far. You might be surprised of this beast that is The GDC ...

As I stated in the pinned GDC faq ...

... Make no mistake, each contest will be difficult and winning a coveted GDC Award® will be no mean feat.  However, let it be clear that the contest awards creativity – one need not a degree in Photoshop to be recognized here ...

The GDC was meant to push the cacophony of design talent that lurks in these forums.  It is not meant strictly for professional designers nor serial grunge sig creators – there is a plethora of places for that.

:yes:

Rise 'n shine, happy campers!! :)

GDC numero cinco ends next Monday (unless you live east of GMT) so get your entries and re-entries in now ... no doubt, we have some mind-boggleingly-jaw-dropping-i-just-peed-in-my-pants logos thus far ... but do they in fact meet the three pillars of logo design?? Will they be strong enough to withstand the even redder storm that is the Design Bling Multiplier®??? And why is ZJJ so obsessed with my Hattori Hanzo sword??? hmmm.gif

Only time will tell. hi.gif

Also note that this will be the FINAL GDC FOR 2005!!

We will be taking a GDC break for the holidays and resume in early January.  :)

:(

HACK

Fear not, my steal hacking, friend ... for we here at The GDC have a fun little sandbox in store for you!! :yes:

(or something like that :huh: zjj?????)

Also note that this will be the FINAL GDC FOR 2005!!

We will be taking a GDC break for the holidays and resume in early January.  :)

:(

HACK

Fear not, my steal hacking, friend ... for we here at The GDC have a fun little sandbox in store for you!! :yes:

(or something like that :huh: zjj?????)

This feels like the beginin for me ...

Whats this about then?... My PSP 9 will go all rusty on me .. :unsure: