GDC V: Red Storm

the.ronin

The story of Red Storm Entertainment goes back to 1985, when a writer named Tom Clancy met a British Royal Navy captain named Doug Littlejohns.  Fresh off the success of his last book, The Hunt for Red October, Clancy asked Littlejohns for technical advice on his next novel.  That novel eventually became Red Storm Rising.

Twelve years later, Clancy began looking to try his hand at an interesting new creative endeavor - the formation of a multimedia entertainment company. Once again, he looked to Littlejohns for advice, asking him to lead Red Storm Entertainment as president and CEO.

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to redesign the Red Storm Entertainment logo ...

RedStorm.gif

Welcome to GDC V ... giddy up!

Theme: Red Storm Entertainment

Classification: Logo Redesign

Style: Static Image

Size Maximum: 300 px wide x 300 px high; 150 kb

Last Date of Submission: December 13, 2005; 12.00 am GMT

Minimum Point Hurdle: 45

gdc%20award%20v_blank.gif

THIS GDC IS IN NO WAY ENDORSED BY NOR CONDUCTED IN ANY WAY WITH RED STORM ENTERTAINMENT. THIS GDC IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. ALL COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh .. this is kinda different .. especially for me .. I'll give it a go .. as always ..

:thumbsup:

I'd be sorely dissapointed if you didn't!! And I'm looking forward to what you cook up for the GDC Christmas Tribute ... based on what you did for the Tribute to Soldier ... I think you'll come up with a lil somethin somethin ...

Although I'm thinking of turning that Christmas Tribute into a GDC Sandbox rather than a contest ...

Ah .... i missed that (for what ever reason).

Hey ho, consider me out the competition .. im happy with this size and re-working it just kills the idea I had, also scaling this width to 300 to save face looks so small its obvious ... never mind.

Good luck everyone else, read the rules as I didnt ! LOL. :(:)

That's tight calius ... but please do adhere to the size maximum.

Size Maximum:  300 px wide x 300 px high; 150 kb

And you might wanna consider cropping it a bit so there isn't so much black dead space :)

:lol: glad its not me this time ... Feeling a bit inspired like Jamie Oliver Let me get my cook book & see what i can do with a new recipie for this logo .. hmm ..

ave a look at this one for size...

wasnt that inspired .. But i gave it a shot .. Not sure if i wanna keep this one yet.. far too early :lol:

gdcventrytest7pj.jpg

& Another..

gdcventrytest0im.jpg

I think i'll take this one as ENTRY .. :yes:

Edited by GooseBumps

yeah thats right…good luck everybody! :thumbsup:

Edit:...

@ the.ronin

Just thought I’d mention something about logos since I have made a couple so far, even if my advice might not apply in this case…

When you say 300p x 300p, be careful with that… As logos might be resized to a smaller size, to use them wherever whenever, you won’t be able to read the text, if text there is.

Ex: The T F C logo as started as full text (The French Connection) but I realised that when you shrink it to a smaller size 39p x 50p you cannot read the text anymore.

Ex #2: Some avatar on this forum containing text. You can’t read it, because originally, they where created bigger than 64p x 64p.

Ex #3: The RSE logo above.

imo, a real company logo should be resizable and still be clear.

So be careful with the text folks :yes:

Logos are a pain in the…

Edited by RatoN

Out come the vector Graphics then ;)

Them be fightin words! bruce.gif

Not Really cus my next question was.... anyone know some good AI tutorials? cus i'm busting to try out some vector graphics, and this seems a good GDC to use for a first attempt ;)

@ Deleyt,

Thats awsome dude, i might just pack away me tools now, as i've only got 1 beer in the fridge.