Ghost Recon live chats

Colin

If you are going to participate in this IRC chat with Bo and Ulf Andersson it might be a good idea to check all the previous posts on Q. and A. before you go in as you dont realy want to be covering old ground.

WK Interview with Bo

GRAW FACTS SHEET

These 2 posts should give you a lot of information on what not too ask.

If I was going to ask myself.

1. Why no video footage.

2. Could we have a Demo on both versions at Christmas Please.

Also I would add that by looking at the few screen shots we have of the game so far Grin are doing one hell of a job and look forward to the game in Feb.

Colin

1. Will modding be a highlight of GRAW, Not just maps I mean total conversions.

2. Will GRAW be scaleable in the graphics department to push the PCs top of the line gaming machines and still be able to play the game on lower end machines. (top of the line as in Quad nvidia cards =P )

3. Will graw PC have the incredible view distances like the xbox 360, Most of the PC images shown show fog starting to take effect within maybe 300 meters or so.

of course ill probly be on a plane to california so i wont be able to ask these questions.

Edited by Prozac360

If you are going to participate in this IRC chat with Bo and Ulf Andersson it might be a good idea to check all the previous posts on Q. and A. before you go in as you dont realy want to be covering old ground.

WK Interview with Bo

GRAW FACTS SHEET

These 2 posts should give you a lot of information on what not too ask.

If I was going to ask myself.

1. Why no video footage.

2. Could we have a Demo on both versions at Christmas Please.

Also I would add that by looking at the few screen shots we have of the game so far Grin are doing one hell of a job and look forward to the game in Feb.

Colin

What would be new ground without the old in some respects .. we need the old to prompt update info? Otherwise you will spend half your time boxed in to a question you straining to ask as you dont want to repeat ... or maybe its like the "yes & no game" - if you repeat your kciked ! LOL.

Artists who make albums are asked the same question in interviews & actors & film makers ... so I think not to repeat ANYTHING maybe pushing it a bit. A twist on what we have already is the answer.

In this case Colin you may as well go into the chat and ask as you have covered it all. <_<

(im joking to a point). :)

I can see it now:

USER105 : Bo can you tell us about the red diamonds?

BO : (gives answer)

USER 23: Hi Bo, you said about the diamonds, can you give us more info on that answer?

Bo: (gives answer)

USER 55: Thanks for that Bo, so with everything the HUD offers and coupled with your explination can you confirm about the diamonds as I was not logged in at that time.

Bo: (gives answer while huffing)

USER42: Superb im glad about that Bo thanks.

USER88: sorry, can someone copy that back to me about the diamonds I dropped out.

USER42: Yeh Bo stated ....... etc

USER88: Oh ok, so Bo if thats the case about the diamonds can you confirm a little more details about bullet smoke?

BO: (answers.)

USER12: So how does that link in with the diamonds?

*user BO has exited chat room* ...

LOL. :P

Imo, this type of interactivity with the Devs and producer should be on a daily or weekly basis. The norm, not the exception.

As you know, today’s games are more complicated to develop, they demand more time and they cost a fortune. Publishers and developer might need a little outside help. The community constitutes a pool of knowledge available 24/7 and for free.

This extra help from the community could allow the publisher/developer to have direct input from the fans, in the form of analysis of the info given, there for avoid unnecessary work that can lead to delays, or worse. It’s in this context that we can make a difference, if provided with adequate communication with the makers.

allow GRIN to talk about GRAW

tdlf1zw.jpg - The Devs Liberation Front

[img=http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/4147/tdlf1zw.jpg]

1. Will modding be a highlight of GRAW, Not just maps I mean total conversions.

2. Will GRAW be scaleable in the graphics department to push the PCs top of the line gaming machines and still be able to play the game on lower end machines. (top of the line as in Quad nvidia cards =P )

3. Will graw PC have the incredible view distances like the xbox 360, Most of the PC images shown show fog starting to take effect within maybe 300 meters or so.

of course ill probly be on a plane to california so i wont be able to ask these questions.

don’t worry, we got you covered Pz :yes:

I'd imagine it'll be mostly gr.net members who'll be logging on and asking questions. Would it be a good idea for us to have a thread here so that we can get all our questions thrashed out and save us from tripping over each others 'red diamond' questions ? If we can all agree on a list of the most important questions we want to ask, and maybe a member of staff would be willing to present them, we can collectivly squeeze the devs for every last bit of info possible.

Well i've not had the privilege to attend an ubi soft dev chat yet, but in the bf2 dev. chat on irc it went down like this.

Everyone joins the irc channel, no one can talk in the main channel. ONLY ubi soft employes will be able to speak. You will have to direct your question to 1 person.

This person(razz?) makes sure none of the question will be asked twice & decides what will be asked...

This how I think it's going to be done...

Im not sure if ill be able to join chat ( duno if ill make it from work on time ). Could someone ask for the recomendated/min spec. At this moment im absolutly sure that im going to buy this game, only thing that is bugging me is, if ill be able to run the game od med settings with my barton 2500/1gb ram/9800pro.

Dang! looks like i will not be able to join the chat..... :(

Make sure to ask if they plan to release some modding tools besides the map-editor at launch.

More questions:

1. what is the biggest improvement you could make with the time extension.

2. minimum specs.

3. we know we will be able to add attachments to the weapons, will there be a similar system to create our own uniforms.

4. Is this the first in a long range of Tom Clancy games you will be involved with.

5. Do you still think you will be able to beat the gr community in the GR.net vs GRIN match.