New GRAW write up at 1 UP with pics

OPSIXDELTA

hey ** Kimi **, nice write up, we appreciate it. but i have a question, you may or may not be able to answer. i have asked this alot in many forums but cant get a straight answer or any answer to be honest with you. how deep is the WEAPON customization. not gameplay options, but weapon loadouts. MEANING.... can i choose a rifle, then decide if i want a scope on it, or a suppressor, possibly a foregrip, etc. they have this in socom, and even though i hate that game, i love the weapon options, are they including this LONG OVERDUE feature in GRAW (pc or 360 version) ???? if you cant answer i understand, but if you can i really appreciate it. thanks

Edited by OPSIXDELTA

Kimster, i downloaded the five hundred meg one up vid and it was corrupt. ;( so i went for the smaller quick time dl and it worked. It's a pitty there were no GRAW footage but i guess it wasn't being demo'ed at the big desert hanger.

But anyway i prefered you guys and your laid back style than the manic and to be frank 'embarassing' presentation of the x play 'ivory tower' couple.

Did anyone notice the rainwater running off that yellow crate in the right of the that first Drydocks pic? It's curving in the wind; it's running off in streams of different sizes; it looks like <gasp> WATER!

I'm not sure why that impresses me so much, but it does.

--Logos

Edited by Logos

Hahaha Poita, this is for you. It was taken at RSE when I visited. I look a bit too happy to be holding a big gun, albeit an airsoft one.  :D

biggunsmall.jpg

Don't be too thrilled, Poita. In a perfect world "This is for you" might have been THIS:

kimikiss4ks.jpg

:P

--Logos

Edited by Logos

As far as the release date goes, April does make more sense from a marketing standpoint. Another issue is the AGEIA card, which according to MikesHardware won't be released until Q2 06.

http://www.mikeshardware.co.uk/RoadmapQ206.htm

I don't see why they would want to release a PC game if the hardware to take full advantage of it won't be available until a few months later, so maybe April is correct?

--Logos

Edited by Logos

As far as the release date goes, April does make more sense from a marketing standpoint.  Another issue is the AGEIA card, which according to MikesHardware won't be released until Q2 06.

http://www.mikeshardware.co.uk/RoadmapQ206.htm

I don't see why they would want to release a PC game if the hardware to take full advantage of it won't be available until a few months later, so maybe April is correct?

--Logos

Something else happened today to make me suspect February isn't going to see GR3: Ubi unstickied a thread over in its GR3 Console forum that stated the game was delayed until February. Why unsticky a thread if the date is still February, esp. when no other thread replaced it? This doesn't bode well.

Edited by X_Hamilton_X

• 2 weeks later...
Your reading WAY too much into that.  It isn't new news anymore, so they unsticked it, very simple.

http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Info.aspx?pId=3817

Maybe but with the change in release date on Ubi's own site I suspect they unstickied it because they knew February wasn't going to see GR3. It makes sense to take down that sticky if the date is going to change. Now let's see if it slips further. March is better than Feb. from a sales standpoint but April is better still and May/June isn't out of the question either.

I do know that the game had better come out flawless as far as online glitches go with all of these delays. It will be unforgiveable if the Red X of Death, or something similar, make another appearance.