How to get my mod playable in a MP game

rawhrd2kill

If your not sure how to insert all the zones, just go [file / new] and use a stock one for a template. At least then you can see all the zones that are required.

Base 0 1 2 3 spawning points for all 4 player teams available.

tr0a - tr3c 12 team respawn points. 3 for each team.

AP0A-APC3 9 diffrent spawn points for enemy in defend or firefight or however you want to use them.

Insertion check box for mission insertion

Extraction check box for mission extraction or leave it and show extraction later in game with scripting.

Points 00 - 35 I am not sure about, hope someone can answer that.

:)

The information is located, in it's entirety, on the DS and/or IT cds in the form of files named Basic_Igor_Guide.pdf and Advanced_Igor_Guide(part2).pdf. If you have not purchased the game cds please do so.

For those who cannot read the .pdf files for some reason, El Oso long ago created an IGOR for DUMMIES tutorial that contains the same information. I'm positive that with the handy SEARCH function here you will be able to find a link to it.

For those wishing to retype all of this information for people who already have it, I would suggest you to just copy and paste from the .pdfs, it will save us all some time and eliminate the guesswork and misconceptions.

5: Basic Multiplayer Scripting

Every single player mission made for Ghost Recon and both expansion packs is

playable in single player and in multiplayer. In multiplayer and in Quick Mission, there

are a number of different game modes which can be played on each map. These game

modes are created through Igor’s Scripting Language and each mission has a number of

Elements that determine if and how these game modes can be played.

This section will cover what Elements a mission, regardless of if it is singleplayer

or multiplayer, needs to be used for different game types.

Game Mode Zone Requirements

Each Ghost Recon mission can be played under a number of different game

modes. Each game mode uses a set of Zones in each Mission File created specifically for

these game types. Some game types reuse Zones used in other game types in a different

ways. Looking at the Zone Properties (in the Element Properties window when a Zone is

selected), the user can see a number of different parameters for every placed Zone. The

parameters that affect multiplayer are located under the section labeled “Mapâ€.

Point - These Zones, labeled from 0 to 35, define the

36 areas where a player might start from in adversarial games.

They are also used as random path points by Actors during

Recon and Firefight. They should be placed near cover, and

should not be able to see any other Points within 360 degrees.

Note that it’s not always possible to place all of them in that

way in all maps, but it’s not technically required.

Base - These Zones, labeled from 0-3 and then from

tr0a to tr3c, are the Team Bases where teams spawn in teambased

game modes when labeled 0-3. They should be in the

four corners of the map, and equidistant from the map center,

if possible. When they are marked as tr0a to tr3c in the Zone

Properties window, they are Team Respawn Zones, and

determine where players will respawn in team game types.

Team Respawn Zones should go behind Team Bases and near

cover; that is, they should be further from the map center.

There need to be 4 Team Bases and 3 Team Respawn Zones

per Team Base, and Base 0 should be diagonally opposite

Base 1, and Base 2 should be diagonally opposite Base 3.

SP/Coop Base - Only 1 Team Base should have this checked. It will make

that Team Base the Defend Base in the Defend game type.

Central Area - The Central Area should be located near the center of the map.

None if its corners can intersect geometry, since the hostages in the Search and Rescue

game type appear at the corners. There can only be 1 Central Area.

Basic Igor Guide V1.0 43

Recon Insertion - This Zone determines the Insertion Zone for the Recon

game type. It does not need to be the same zone as the Insertion Zone for the Mission

game type. There can only be 1 Recon Insertion.

Recon Extraction - This Zone determines the Extraction Zone for the Recon

game type. Like Recon Insertion, it does not need to be the Extraction Zone for the

Mission game type. There can only be 1 Recon Extraction.

Assault Platoon - These Zones define the areas where the enemies will start

in the Defend game type. The numbers underneath it indicate what Platoon those

enemies will be on so they can benefit from the Platoon-level AI. There should be 12

Zones, and it doesn’t matter how many Platoons are selected. In Ghost Recon, all

Mission Files that supported this game type used 4 Zones for Platoons 0, 1, and 2, and

didn’t use Platoon 3.

See how easy that is. Weapons questions should be asked in the appropriate forum area. Topic should now be locked. Go buy the game.

Edited by sleeper

See how easy that is. Weapons questions should be asked in the appropriate forum area. Topic should now be locked. Go buy the game.

hey man i have the game. and i didn't know there was a weapons modding part on this forums. by the way sleeper what is up with u. y u always dissin ppl. in almost every post u have posted u r dissin ppl what up with that?

hey man i have the game. and i didn't know there was a weapons modding part on this forums.  by the way sleeper what is up with u. y u always dissin ppl. in almost every post  u have posted u r dissin ppl what up with that?

This is no place to get personal with other forum members. Your question has been answered in full. If you have another question, I'd be glad to point you to the correct documentation.

Edited by sleeper

• 2 weeks later...
hey man i have the game. and i didn't know there was a weapons modding part on this forums.  by the way sleeper what is up with u. y u always dissin ppl. in almost every post  u have posted u r dissin ppl what up with that?

This is no place to get personal with other forum members. Your question has been answered in full. If you have another question, I'd be glad to point you to the correct documentation.

Come on sleeper, he asked a simple question, and just because you know the answer does not mean you should be sarcastic and answer in a way in which you put him down. You are just more experienced. We all asked questions with easy answers when we started out with modding. When we start with anything we all need help. Or maybe your just super modder and dont need help.

@ Rawhrd2kill

With regards to stairs, they are very easy, but you just have to understand how shermanlevels work. I have found a good tutorial, that can be applied to many different types of stairs, and you can also download finished max files as an example of proper stairs.

Go to {a malware infested website}.

Also what isnt in that tute, is the method of actually making the stairs. I find it very easy to start with a rectangle shape. Draw a rectangle 30longx20high cm, and extrude it. Now clone and align on the xy axis (if your in the front or right or left viewports depending on what way your steps are facing.), and align so the steps are attatched on the corners. Then repeat, and when you have enough stairs, attatch them all, and delete the polys you dont need. If you need to, create a poly for the side. Only thing is, is you must get the shermanlevelheights correct. Sometimes you wont need them though, like if you making just a stair or two to go into a house or something similar.

Follow the links on that page, and you will

• 4 weeks later...