Wow, after playing some games on the 360...

BigOlBrain

I can't wait to see GRAW in HD.

Man, I have been a PC gamer for a long time and wow....42" 1080i is flat out awesome.

After seeing the new trailer I can only imagine how awesome it's going to look.

Just felt like posting something positive for a change....not much of it around here now a days.

Anyway, here are a few pic...not the best but whatever.

Picture026.jpg

^ COD2...running at 60 solid fps with no slowdown ...ever. Amazing game.

Picture009.jpg

Quake 4...not the best port, some frame rate problems. But still very nice looking...if only the devs had more time to optimize it.

Welcome to the revolution (pun intended). I was up until 0300 this morning on my 360.

Thanks guys.

Yeah I'm up late myself playing. I'm not much for games like Kameo but I have to tell ya....that is by far the best looking game to date on any platform. Amazing I tell ya!

COD2 is also nice looking and the single player is amazing but man the lag in the multiplayer is really bad most the time and it's only 8 players right now. Still an amazing game and I'm sure they will patch it so it's all good.

Perfect Dark Zero is also really good so far but I want to finish my other games before getting to deep into it.

I also took a shot a Quake II that comes with Quake 4. I still have it for the PC and I must say it still has the most kick ass soundtrack that for some reason they left out of Quake 4. It looks great for an aging PC game on a bigscreen TV. Also I think Quake 4 is actually too team oriented in SP. Part of what made Quake II great was the Lone Marine idea.

Okay, I won't be getting a 360 until GR3 comes out so I've got a question and you may not be able to give a final answer right now but we'll see. By February, which ONE of your launch games do you think you would still buy if you had not bought it now? I care little for racing and sports games so I guess that narrows it down to PDX, COD2, Condemned, and Kameo. It's sounding to me like COD2 may not have staying power due to the short single-player game and lag in multi-player. What do you think?

I would still say CoD2. Having had an Xbox since day 1, if there is one thing MS does, it is fix issues. Also, though short, Condemned is well worth the experience.

Personally, besides Halo 3, I am most anticipating Crackdown. The idea of borrowing DNA from fellow gamers has a most intriguing gameplay element. That and being able to throw a car across the street and crush a mob boss...

Your room looks very tasteful.

So thats HD tv. Looks ace. Although i still am a pc gamer, it's pretty down to the 'type' of games and the mouse. Xbox360 has the pc beat when it comes down to price, ease of use, and most of all comfort of the playing area.

Damn if they'd just have a mouse for fps games in consoles and more pc like games approach i'd be happy to dump the pc and chill on the couch for my gaming.

So thats HD tv. Looks ace. Although i still am a pc gamer, it's pretty down to the 'type' of games and the mouse. Xbox360 has the pc beat when it comes down to price, ease of use, and most of all comfort of the playing area.

Damn if they'd just have a mouse for fps games in consoles and more pc like games approach i'd be happy to dump the pc and chill on the couch for my gaming.

*nods*

On a slightly related note (related as in impressive home theatres), a couple of years back I helped a friend renovate his new loft, in a converted industrial building. Fourteen foot ceilings, freight elevator, etc.

He doesn't have a television. Instead, he has an LCD projector, and a 150" white rectangle painted on his wall. It may not be HD, but it's still gorgeous. Mind you, this guy also has an ethernet connected tuner, to stream mp3's to his surround sound system, and a 27" Apple flatscreen connected to his Apple Macintosh Cube as his 'work' system, in his home office. Oh, and a mirrorball, just cause.

There's a bit of a learning curve... but if you just practice w/ a controller for a while... you will get used to it - enjoy it, even. One day you'll be playing something and the next thing you know it'll just "click"...

and you'll be like, "Oh. That's what those controller guys were getting on about."

Or maybe not... lol. Who knows. I just think that most PC-only guys have never really taken the time to get the proper feel for it. Just takes a little time.

Okay, I won't be getting a 360 until GR3 comes out so I've got a question and you may not be able to give a final answer right now but we'll see. By February, which ONE of your launch games do you think you would still buy if you had not bought it now? I care little for racing and sports games so I guess that narrows it down to PDX, COD2, Condemned, and Kameo. It's sounding to me like COD2 may not have staying power due to the short single-player game and lag in multi-player. What do you think?

Hard to say...COD for sure and probably PDZ. The others you can just rent...I just tend to go all out on launches.

I heard condemned is really short but a great game. Kameo is also short I think but I really am having fun with it.

Uhm, that looks just plain superb. What size of screen is that please?

42" and thanks. :)

lol...I was the same way. I have to tell ya though, I LOVE the new 360 controller. It's really awesome and you get used to it. In some ways pulling the trigger gives you more of a feeling of holding a gun. But I know what ya mean. :yes:

:thumbsup: Nice setup man!  Can I ask where you got your AV rack that your 360 and Reciever is sitting on? I have been looking for a nice simple one like that and have had no luck lately.  That one you have is the perfect size for my room too.  Please tell.  Thanks.

lol...Walmart. :P I needed something I could hide in the corner w/o my wife freaking out on me and it was perfect. You can't tell from the pic but a couch is blocking it's view so you can't see it when you walk into the room. Anyway, I think it was like $15-$20 or so.

If you havn't had a chance to see the 360 in action, get to your local video game retailer ASAP. For the past 6 months I had been reading reviews and checking out screens on the internet, but when I got to see CoD2 running on the 360 kiosk yesterday I was absolutely blown away. For a solid 5 minutes I was just staring speechless at the screen. :blink: This generation is the biggest jump in cosole performance we've ever seen. Absolutely stunning graphical displays.

Well i couldn't run COD2 it well on my pc system anyway but my mate has a pretty new graphics card and it seem to run well.

So what we really need is a split screen video showing the same path through levels to give us a side by side comparison of the best (so far) that the xbox 360 has to offer and the current pc capabilities.

Shouldn't the equasion go something like this. The console has a life span of 4 - 5 years and when it comes out it's a couple of years ahead of the a pc can do then at the 3 year mark the pc overtakes it and is ahead for a few years till the next gen console comes out?

If the Xbox 360 COD2 is no better than the current version on the PC then . . . . . . . .

Anyone up to the task?

The dev's themselves have said the Xbox 360 version is far more advanced, graphically.

COD2?

I played the demo, and own the PC version. Unless it's a really old demo, they're wrong. It wasn't using half the x360's power, and looked better on my PC.

Well the demo they had playing at WalMart was a really old build and the ones at EB, Gamespot, ect were running on a less than impressive TV.

Believe me...the 360 version does look better and runs extremely smooth.

That said, the multiplayer on the pc version is way better. COD2 on 360 has some really bad lag issues and is only 8 players. I hope this will change with a patch.