China?

pz3

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

If China were to invade anywhere it would be someplace like the Middle East where there is a lot of oil to fuel their economy.

I hate nation of China because of what they do to their people. There are no civil liberties over there. It's pathetic that we (the U.S.A.) trade with them and they do practically own us. Many of our businesses have sold us out and went overseas there all in the name of making a buck.

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

are you sure? lol doesnt california have crazy gunlaws?

once they get to navada ... and arizona thoe... :rofl: they have to face ruggbutt :rofl:

Soon enough, Ruin too :rofl:

Hear that Ruin? There is a lot riding on you. Better get that collection of yours rolling fast. ;)

China once said... "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Who is China's enemy then? Can't be Russia as it's pretty much politically devistated... Can't be any of the other smaller countries around China... So, who exactly is China's only rival?

The United States of America. Which begs the question... Who is their friend?

Who is China's enemy then? Can't be Russia as it's pretty much politically devistated... Can't be any of the other smaller countries around China... So, who exactly is China's only rival?

Speaking of Russia and China:

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2006/07/04/chi...ajointwar.shtml

As for

their are a quite a few, but how friendly, who can know.

Take France for example. Not that I agree or disagree with certian political issues, but I wouldnt desecrate a grave of someone who faught and died for my country wether foreign, damestic, national, or of another nation. I'll stop their being that political discussions are banned. I posted it becuase its now in the history books, and to explain the how friendly, who can know? in reference to who is a friend?

Edited by Flanks

Every other freaking country except for Britain since almost everybody hates U.S

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've done alot of research on this topic in recent years and it is really interesting actually ... only problem is that the research I did was for my Political Science / International Relation BA, but I'll try not to be to political (I was, after all, something of a participant in the discussions here years ago that got political topics banned in the first place).

Traditionally the US has not stated it position on the defense of Taiwan, as per the Taiwanese Relations Act passed in 1979 the US:

- only recognizes one government of China (so called "One China Policy")

- does not support a violent resolution to the China-Taiwan issue

This has been changing with the Bush administration however, who has been more and more willing to state openly that the US would be willing to defend Taiwan, as well as maintaining a policy of selling weapons to them.

If China were to invade Taiwan it would not be a ground war, because of the number of US and Taiwanese troops that would be involved in the Chinese got a foothold at all on Taiwan the war would be over - China would win. The fate of Taiwan would be decided in the naval battle as the PLAN tries to cross the straits of Taiwan, if the US chose to help they would have to face the only permanently forward-deployed aircraft carrier in the world (The Kitty Hawk), along with the strongest naval force in the world, US 7th Fleet. Personally I don't think the PLAN has the naval capacity to take on the US right now, most of it's navy is built around old Soviet-era ships, and the US has made large improvements over our Cold War navy.

As for whether or not the US would actually help Taiwan at all though ... let's see if I can find part of my last paper if anyone is interested ...

Ultimately the decision to send US troops to a war in Taiwan rests with the people of the United States. Most opinion polls show that the US population feels that Taiwan should be treated as an independent country, for example in a 1996 survey “Sixty-two percent chose [a] description of a Taiwan as a ‘completely separate and independent of China.’ Less than one-third chose [a] description of Taiwan as ‘part of China.’" Additionally US citizens seem to support Taiwanese independence, in a 1991 poll 37% of Americans thought that the US should adopt a policy of “no independence for Taiwan, and no use of force by China to compel Taiwan to rejoin mainland China.” While 55% of Americans thought that “Since Taiwan has become a democracy, the US should support its moves toward independence, even if that provokes a confrontation with China.”

While US Citizens seem to be generally supportive of the Taiwanese people, when it comes to actually doing something about those feelings people start to become much less enthusiastic. In a 2001 opinion poll only 27% of Americans polled favored selling advanced weapons to Taiwan, while 49% opposed and 24% said they did not know enough to say. Furthermore in surveys collected between 1998 and 2000 between 52% and 58% of Americans opposed the use of US military force to protect Taiwan in the case of a Chinese invasion. When direct warfare with China is brought up the numbers dwindle even farther, for example 64% of Americans would oppose “the use of US troops if China invades Taiwan.” On the whole it seems as though Americans would be greatly opposed to the use of troops to defend Taiwan, which is not promising for the prospects of defending Taiwan against possible Chinese aggression. However the use of troops by the US without mass popular support is hardly without precedent, for example during the Chinese show of force over the Taiwanese presidential elections in 1996 President Clinton sent two carrier battle groups into the Taiwan Strait even though public opinion was strongly against such a move (26% for and 68% opposed) . The American show of force was a large success and caused the Chinese to back down almost immediately; coincidently enough the Chinese force generally increased popular support in Taiwan for the incumbent president the Chinese did not want to see reelected.

Overall Americans seem to be for the preservation of the status quo and possibly even for a move towards independence by the Taiwanese, however most are quite clear if such a move resulted in a Chinese invasion they would not want to send US troops to help defend China; most US citizens are not even for selling weapons to the Taiwanese to help them defend themselves. The ultimate hope is that the situation will be resolved peacefully and neither troops nor weapons will ever be needed, but China has yet to discount the possibility of ending the conflict by means of military force.

Well the footnotes did not transfer, so if anyone is actually curious where I got the data just let me know.

Clark

Looking for an honest answer on this one... At one time they were ours because of Russia. Now that Russia is no longer a threat to them, who is their friend?

Granted, we get one heck of a lot of imports from China, most US Companies who have their products produced there.

Taking this into consideration, if we were to go to war with China, who would support China? Do they still have friends? They would be economically devastated if we were to deny their imports to the US through an embargo.

Looking for an honest answer on this one... At one time they were ours because of Russia. Now that Russia is no longer a threat to them, who is their friend?

Granted, we get one heck of a lot of imports from China, most US Companies who have their products produced there.

Taking this into consideration, if we were to go to war with China, who would support China? Do they still have friends? They would be economically devastated if we were to deny their imports to the US through an embargo.

China's #1 friend right now- the USA. I kinda like it that way, too. And with a little more cozying-up to one another, I think both countries could help bring this N. Korea stuff to a peaceful resolution. Cuz I for one don't wanna invade N. Korea, and refuse to hate other countries based on politics (Who cares if they're communists?).

China's #1 friend right now- the USA. I kinda like it that way, too. And with a little more cozying-up to one another, I think both countries could help bring this N. Korea stuff to a peaceful resolution. Cuz I for one don't wanna invade N. Korea, and refuse to hate other countries based on politics (Who cares if they're communists?).

When a country uses its money to build nukes, to buy more and more weapons and to heat greenhouses (where flowers for the dictator's birthday are grown) instead of buying food for its starving people, something is going very very wrong. This makes me really angry :angry:

I don't say "let's kick their ####ing ###es" but there needs to be a solution that shows N Korea that things can't go on this way.

:(

CC

Edited by CommandoCrazy

We have ALWAYS been on China's "hit list" since WWII.

Remember the prodemocratic movement we supported in China? Remember that Truman did not follow through with our "said support" and the pro-democracy movement was slaughtered by the Reds.

Remember that China fought against us in Vietman by supplying the Cong with weapons, food, intel, etc..., they also fought against us in Korea, they fought a war of influence against us in Burma, Cambodia, Laos, etc....

China is far from being a friend of ours, and those old rivalies are far from dead. We should not have let Roosevelt and Truman leave the prodemocracy movement to die as they did, and when MacArthur wanted to bomb the daylights out of China, that was our last opportunity to really take them out.

When a country uses its money to build nukes, to buy more and more weapons and to heat greenhouses (where flowers for the dictator's birthday are grown) instead of buying food for its starving people, something is going very very wrong. This makes me really angry :angry:

I don't say "let's kick their ####ing ###es" but there needs to be a solution that shows N Korea that things can't go on this way.

:(

CC

More nukes? More weapons? Starving people on every city street? How DARE you bring my beloved USA into this. This is about CHINA, dude.

Wait. Maybe we ARE all alike. Maybe Kennedy and King, Jr. were on to something with all that equality talk. Maybe Marx was no worse than Washington (slave owner) and Lincoln (severely depressed, albeit understandably).

And MAYBE we got a little political with this discussion. I apologize for losing sight of that rule termporarily, and assure you all I'll do my best to avoid politics again. AFTER this reply! LOL

The above is why I bookmarked al Jazeera's English-language website. I'm not Muslim. But I like to her the other sides of the story, and I trust the Western media as much as I trust my ex-wives. NOT AT ALL. Point? There's more to any story, folks. MUCH more. And THAT is why I'm retiring out-of-country when the time comes. We're all oppressed who aren't government officials anyhow, so at least I'll go be oppressed somewhere where it's more fun living in subtle oppression...

And NOT East Asia. THAT place is nuts.....

More nukes? More weapons? Starving people on every city street? How DARE you bring my beloved USA into this. This is about CHINA, dude.

:lol: Two thumbs up, man.

Wait. Maybe we ARE all alike. Maybe Kennedy and King, Jr. were on to something with all that equality talk. Maybe Marx was no worse than Washington (slave owner) and Lincoln (severely depressed, albeit understandably).

I think Marx is a poor example, but yes, we are all alike. No country is better than the next, at some point in history everyone's country has done plenty of horrible inhumane actions. No one deserves to be moraly superior.

Khan was quite the barbarian, especially in Bill & Ted's excellent adventures. :P

Wild Man with an aluminum softball bat. And amazingly adaptable, what with the skateboard trick. I'd have liked to see him cross blades with that "of Arc" girl. Joan, was it? That would have been pretty good.

Nah, Friedrich (sp?) Engels would have been a poor example. :P

Or Mao.

Ho Chi Minh?

Am I getting warm here?

You know, Marx was just the guy with some bad and some good ideas, Lenin, Stalin and Mao would be better examples. ;)

Djenghis versus Joan, sounds like an idea for Celebrity Deathmatch. THE ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN IN HISTORY! :o=