New Gun Range Practice map

element11

1000 meter range is too much. You wouldnt be able so see anything. Right now the sniper range is almost 400 meters and its freakin huge man. I promise it will be good tho.

Roger that.

Should i use targets or real tanks for the at range?

I would like to see 'real' tanks. They won't shoot of course, but look awesome when shot.

I would suggest reading the levelbuilder help file that is in the folder with the max plug ins. It is the only document I ever remember reading that actually refers to the targets and their proper tagging, vague as it may be. I think the trick will be to set the animation to ping pong as well. It will be nice to see someone do this, it's been talked about plenty. As far as issues with the targets resetting, that seems odd, as in the original training you can run back and forth from one station to the next and the script will change your kit and reset the targets for that part of the range, will it not? I seem to remember doing that countless times with no problems.

Im sorry to say that as of right now both my maps are on hold. My computer, the pentium 3, 600Mhz 256MB of ram dosnet like max too well. With constant crashes and file corruption all im getting is headaches and lost files and hours of lost work. This map is on hold as of right now untill i get a new computer. :'( (hopefully for xmas :santa: )

That's indeed a very minimal system.

You might try to build your map in parts.

I'm doing the same thing with Trainride: environment, passengertrains and cargotrains are all seperate files.

In the end I put them together and export it.

It's easier to edit the models this way and you've got less chance of losing out on your work.