Cover Proj-X

squad_e

Hey all i made a cover for the G.R Unit DJ Gravitude (me) & Wytchdokta (DJ Wykked FX got it rite this time!)...

I thought i might share it in the GDC AREA ...

This is it ....

grunitpposter5tp.jpg

I would like your comments please...

I am mixing the track Jarheads, With some FX done by Wytchdokta ....

thanx..

Edited by the.ronin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, on Jarheads, I've submitted alot of the samples. I've added FX to alot of the samples too as per GB's requests. The firefight sequence with a heartbeat and life support maching blipping was made from scratch by me exclusively for Jarheads

The GR Unit "Hold Me Tonite" single cover, version 2.0 (the one GB posted above is to be the album cover).

gru_holdme2nite1.jpg

I've added alot of FX to the beats and stuff on Hold Me Tonite, and I've sped up a portion of the track (but kept the vocals the same speed). I'm working the intro to Hold Me Tonite too

Edited by WytchDokta

That first one up there looks pretty sweet ... why don't you don her with the same hood that Galinsky has in the game?

Is this going to be used as a CD single cover or what's the dilly yo?

The 1st two pics ae gonna be covers .... The female soldier is the poster ...

we could use some in-game shots as a back cover ... Wait & see . :thumbsup:

SSIIICCCKKK!!!  Dude, can you post samples of this?  When you say "featuring Galinsky" ... is she mixed into the background or something???

Astra performs the lyrics on Hold Me Tonite, Susan performs the vocals on I Believe In You. And when I say "they perform the vocals", I don't mean they are crappy vocals with no meaning, or that they are not sung very well. Trust me, Astra and Susan can sing very well (in Hold me Tonite, you can actually hear Astra's still got a slight accent; she sings the track in English too. Both Astra and Susan really put effort into the singing.

We'll have some samples up here soon (some tracks are still work in progress).

Edited by WytchDokta

I should have the Jarheads (Contact) and Jingle Bells covers up here soon too (front and back covers that is).

Goosebumps, we need more PR posters up here. And that's PR as in propaganda!!

"I hope that one day you will understand what I am feelin' for you,

Right now I just know that I don't wanna go on without yooooouuuu...."

- Astra Galinsky (some lyrics from Hold Me Tonite, verse 1)

Edited by WytchDokta

Jarheads (Contact) - front cover

gru_jarheads.jpg

Jarheads (Contact) - back cover

gru_jarheads2.jpg

Jarheads (Contact) will be our first single released off our forthcoming album. We plan to follow it with Hold Me Tonite, then Jingle Bells, then I Believe In You, then what ever we cook up next....

Edited by WytchDokta

SSIIICCCKKK!!!  Dude, can you post samples of this?  When you say "featuring Galinsky" ... is she mixed into the background or something???

Astra performs the lyrics on Hold Me Tonite, Susan performs the vocals on I Believe In You. And when I say "they perform the vocals", I don't mean they are crappy vocals with no meaning, or that they are not sung very well. Trust me, Astra and Susan can sing very well (in Hold me Tonite, you can actually hear Astra's still got a slight accent; she sings the track in English too. Both Astra and Susan really put effort into the singing.

We'll have some samples up here soon (some tracks are still work in progress).

@WytchDokta - PM'ed ya.

I love that Jarheads Cover Wytchdokta ... Some great work .. sorry i signed off MSN too soon ...

Glad to see my Sir Division Logo was handy ... :thumbsup: .. Just waiting for your firefight bro ' .. chop chop !

Glad to see we got some good comments thanks guys ... WE apreciate it ..

We try to get publicity through the forum ... But we keep it a Non-comercial based group .. If people want to hear our finalized proj-x hit us up .. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm responsible for the delay. Blame me. Seriously, we're wiating on my firefight sequence for Jarheads! (it's no ordinary firefight sequence though; the firefight starts out starts: "Ladies & gentlemen, we interrupt this program to bring you important news...." I've got a realistic sounding heartbeat going along it in and added in a life support machine blip after each heartbeat. Right at the end of the firefight sequence, the biosignal flatlines, therefore you hear the very long life support machine blip that you hear when I person on a life support machine dies.

@KillingJoke, I got ya PM m8.

@ Goosebumps, yeah, we should get some teasers up. I could have the Hold Me Tonite teaser up ready for tomorrow (even tonite, if I work on it into the night). "Unauthorised FAKING" lol you classic! We still need to decide on a white lable name under which to release the tracks.

We try to stick to our own proj-x ... but we still work as a team

Regardless, we still send each other samples to use for each others' tracks. And GB sends me samples to drop some wicked (or should that be "Wykked"?) effects on. And, Jarheads, as you know, has a whole section (the firefight and thereabouts) made exclusively by me. I also did the effects on the Ghost Recon radio samples. I originally grabbed the intro, which is from a UK quiz show (seriously! This is no joke. The Jarheads intro is hilarious). GB cut a huge section out of it, added a GR radio sample and put the ending back on the intro. Then he sent it to me for me to add in the wicked effects.

A work in progress version of Hold Me Tonite is now available.... I've already emailed one to KillingJoke. Get in touch with me if you wanna hear the work in progress version.

Don't forget, "the funky technician is back" (listen to Hold Me Tonite work in progress to find out what I mean by that....) :D

Since that last WIP (work in progress) Hold Me Tonite, I've heavily updated the entire track from beginning to the end.

There will be a trailer of Hold Me Tonite trailer up here this evening/early tonight.

I've nearly finished the entire track now, just about to add in more effects, cymbals, hihats etc.

Ronin, would you like me to send you a WIP Hold Me Tonite?

P.S, I must try to get the GR Unit website up & running soon too....

~Jameson (Wykked FX)

GR Unit Productions