New Hands on GRAW from UK LAN Event

Zoolabs

^^^This line breaks my heart :( .  ewwwwww no more GR2 please.

Yeah I agree.

Man, it's gonna be a BIG disappointment IF it's GR2 with better graphics.

wait - you guys are jumping the gun here - the key question which the article doesn't answer is what is the author's frame of reference? did he play the original GR? if not, that's why he said it's like GR2 - maybe GR2 is all he played, and therefore all he had to compare it to.

Here's the best advice...Do not expect this game to be anything but the same washed-out gameplay from GR2. That way, anything better than that will be a blessing. The days of Red Storm realism are gone and have been replaced by those of UBIsoft adventurism, unless proven otherwise. Buyer beware and, if possible, try out the upcoming games before you take UBI on their word and throw 40-50 on their new stuff. I personally own over $200.00 worth of dissappointments from UBI that I rarely am excited or motivated to play. I hope that I am wrong about GR:AW, but that doesn't mean I expect them to deliver anything better than what I've gotten already.

Here's the best advice...Do not expect this game to be anything but the same washed-out gameplay from GR2.  That way, anything better than that will be a blessing.  The days of Red Storm realism are gone and have been replaced by those of UBIsoft adventurism, unless proven otherwise.  Buyer beware and, if possible, try out the upcoming games before you take UBI on their word and throw 40-50 on their new stuff.  I personally own over $200.00 worth of dissappointments from UBI that I rarely am excited or motivated to play.  I hope that I am wrong about GR:AW, but that doesn't mean I expect them to deliver anything better than what I've gotten already.

I really don't get all these complaints by all of you.

I've played Ghost Recon on PC and it was cool and all, but

when in GR2 they introduced the third person/over the shoulder camera

i was hooked, i want nothing else but that now, it looks awesome.

What is so much better gameplay-wise in GR than GR2?

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it, but IMHO, the realism and suspenseful edge that was present in the GR1 series of games seemed to be all but lost in the GR2 series. The GR1 series gave me alot more freedom and tools to take on a mission full of formidable and unforgiving enemies. You had to play it safe and smart if you wanted to get through with most of your team alive. Now, the game seems to have migrated to more of an action game where you can run through and take on most groups of enemies without any real planning at all. The most effective tactic is recon-by-fire(not really preferred by actual fireteams). Most of the time, even on the hardest setting, I just run around until I hear a familiar AK sound, then I just suppress in that direction and run to the right or left and 203 the group of incompetents. Sure, you could crawl through most of the game, but you'd be wasting your time. They'll probably see you, anyway(very frustrating after all that sneaking around). I could go on and on, but its been done here on this forum again and again for the past few years, so just do a search and read what others have already said.

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it, but IMHO, the realism and suspenseful edge that was present in the GR1 series of games seemed to be all but lost in the GR2 series. The GR1 series gave me alot more freedom and tools to take on a mission full of formidable and unforgiving enemies. You had to play it safe and smart if you wanted to get through with most of your team alive. Now, the game seems to have migrated to more of an action game where you can run through and take on most groups of enemies without any real planning at all. The most effective tactic is recon-by-fire(not really preferred by actual fireteams). Most of the time, even on the hardest setting, I just run around until I hear a familiar AK sound, then I just suppress in that direction and run to the right or left and 203 the group of incompetents. Sure, you could crawl through most of the game, but you'd be wasting your time. They'll probably see you, anyway(very frustrating after all that sneaking around). I could go on and on, but its been done here on this forum again and again for the past few years, so just do a search and read what others have already said.

While i do get your point, it doesn't bother me all that much. I've played GR before on PC, but i've never been a PC gamer at all, so it wasn't for long that i played it.

I eventually bought an Xbox with Island Thunder but couldn't get past the not so good graphics, when GR2 came i was amazed by it's looks, the environments and it's difficulty, i play Summit Strike now and then on Xbox live with others, and to us it's still one hell of a hard game.

The most effective tactic is recon-by-fire(not really preferred by actual fireteams).

Actually is it used quite fequently these days by the modern militaries. Since WWII recon by fire has been used to cause diversions for flanking manouvers and alike, and it is widely used in IRAQ today mostly as a diversionary tactic.