You guys/gals are going to love it!

ZJJ

To speed up the process I am looking into audio to text conversion software. If anyone knows of some good ones, please let me know, otherwise I'll just keep continuing with transcribing the old fashioned way.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^yep, that too^

Because like Colin said about the speech to text prog, it’s gonna take a long time for it to ''recognise'' your voice.

And the game is coming out in a couple of months so you might wanna be done before that.

:rofl:

What you have to understand is, these things have to be cleared with UBI and RSE before they are released. No offence, but we can't start handing it off to random people (ie. non-staff).

I've said it a few times already, be patient, the report will come. :thumbsup:

Just as long as its released before the game is released . . . And with GRAW delayed an extra month you have a bit more time.

Actually, you might have even more time to work on it if the Quality Assurance/Playtesting staff are the same and the resources/time are consistent with what was given to GR2. If they miss the bugs like those in GR2 (and keep in mind this is a new system and Live network) they'll be working another 3 months or so on a patch once the game is released. :wall: You can shoot for the final version's release.

Sorry, couldn't resist. That's still a sore point with me. <_<

Ok ZJJ, i have tested Dragon Naturally Speaking Pro v8 English and…

That thing is a disaster!

Test that I have made:

1. Speech to text (good quality microphone); poor, demands lots of work and concentration to make the software recognise the words. Much easier to type instead.

2. The Transcribe function:

a) From the .wav file on HD, 176 and 256kbps, 16 bits, mono 11kHz ; poor, wrong words, missing sentences. (The speech recording was probably to fast for the software but it was VERY clear and spoken by a radio announcer with a clear voice). Ex: The Disclosure Project sound files :D

b) From line in jack; I could not make that work at all, and even if I could, it would have been the same result as ^a)^.

c) From Pocket PC; I could not test that.

You might want to try regardless of my results, just make sure that the recordings are in a .wav format and mono 16-bit. Stereo or mp3 doesn’t work.

If the interview is not in the right audio format (.wav mono 16-bit).<----Important

1. Open the volume control (Start / Execute / sndvol32)

2. In the volume control, Options / Properties / Recording / OK

3. Check the Mono mix and set the volume low (2 bars is enough)

4. Play the interview from the hard disk and record it using a recording program.

5. Save that new .wav file.

6. Open the sound recorder (Start / Execute / sndrec32)

7. In the sound recorder, File / Open (the .wav file you have just created)

8. In the sound recorder, File / Properties / Convert / 48,000 kHz 16-bit mono (the last 16-bit mono) / OK / OK

9. In the sound recorder, File / Save as… (you have now created a new mono .wav file)

10. Open Dragon N. S.

11. Click on the Naturally Speaking tab / Tools / DragonPad

12. Click on the Sound tab / Transcribe recording / Browse (choose the last .wav file created) / Transcribe.

:wacko: ya i know, not exacly like in Star Trek is it.

Thanks, RaToN

I'm going to still give it a try. Having to clean up something is not as difficult as transcribing the entire conversation, IMO. I'll keep you all appraised of the success of it. :thumbsup:

Thanks, RaToN

I'm going to still give it a try.  Having to clean up something is not as difficult as transcribing the entire conversation, IMO.  I'll keep you all appraised of the success of it.  :thumbsup:

good lord guys how long is this recording. 20 - 30 hours. no offense , i totally appreciate what you guys are doing and will wait patiently. i know i type a crap load each week, for blogs, emails etc, and that is not work related, and it doesnt take long , but of course it sounds like you guys got a lot of info to organize and approve etc. but we appreciate it seriously just get to it when you can. i do a weekly internet radio show on gaming, over at festivalofblood.com, (take a listen if ya want, sorry to plug) but i know it can be rough trying to fit it in each week. anyway again, thanks guys.

i will tell you i have experimented with speech to text software, and personally i think it is all terrible, even after you spend the hours training it to recognise, there are still many many problems with it.

is there a huge differencxe between the 360 and the xbox version???? Besides the graphics etc????

Different engines. Different developers. Same overall plot, and it's likely the general art assets will be roughly the same, although scaled for hardware.

is there a huge differencxe between the 360 and the xbox version???? Besides the graphics etc????

Different engines. Different developers. Same overall plot, and it's likely the general art assets will be roughly the same, although scaled for hardware.

I heard that the PC version is going to have fully destructable enviorments (or was it some?) but is this going to be on the 360 version to?

I heard that the PC version is going to have fully destructable enviorments (or was it some?) but is this going to be on the 360 version to?

I believe that's reliant on the (PC) physics technology that Ubi's adopting, and thereby no. Not fully, at least.

People should be get ready to have their world rocked right over. There is no game in development right now that looks like this game. Forget every movie you have seen online of any title. It will drop your jaw. And the first time you start shooting at a guy in a MP game and he dives, yes dives, behind a car or a rock you are going to stop dead in your tracks. And GR1 fans prepare for that old familiar feeling... :whistle:

I don't care about graphics or AI as much as customization!

This game had better not make me be Scott Mitchell AGAIN! GR2 was such a disaster, and so ridiculously cheesy.

I had better see stats like in [GR], and I had certainly better be able to choose characters and switch between them in battle. That is what made [GR] so good. We also need the two fireteams back. I absolutely loved being able to send one team one way, and lead the other team in a different direction.

Please tell me I will have choice in this next release!

I don't care about graphics or AI as much as customization!

This game had better not make me be Scott Mitchell AGAIN!  GR2 was such a disaster, and so ridiculously cheesy.

I had better see stats like in [GR], and I had certainly better be able to choose characters and switch between them in battle.  That is what made [GR] so good.  We also need the two fireteams back.  I absolutely loved being able to send one team one way, and lead the other team in a different direction.

Please tell me I will have choice in this next release!

Sorry, but you will play as Scott Mitchell only. There will be no switching between characters. Where as in [GR] your 9 man platoon had 3 fireteams/squads, in GRAW you will control a 4 man squad. However, you will be able to split up your squad into smaller units and give each unit seperate commands.