You guys/gals are going to love it!

ZJJ

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, I'm still curious about the 1st person view on the 360....you guys said it has a visible weapon...right?

Thanks again.

It is not the same view as what is in Zoolab's sig area. :no:

Before I explain them more, I want to get clarification... as I kept seeing more than 3 views. :blush::stupid:

Thanks guys, I'm still curious about the 1st person view on the 360....you guys said it has a visible weapon...right?

Thanks again.

It is not the same view as what is in Zoolab's sig area. :no:

Before I explain them more, I want to get clarification... as I kept seeing more than 3 views. :blush::stupid:

Well I know there are 3 views.

3rd person

a zoomed in 3rdish...kinda like Splinter Cell

and a no weapon view 1st person

You're probably talking about the Splinter Cell view. Oh well...thanks.

Let us know please. :thumbsup:

Edited by BIGOLBRAIN

Will the player have an ability in single mode to change "souls" between ghosts like in first gr and island thunder? This is important `cause different troopers have different functions.

What we saw was for MP only.

The SP stuff is not being developed by RSE so we have no information about SP. :(

Hmmmm....this is the console forum. Even so if you can't see that much of what we said is obviously dual platform then so solly G.I. We did not ask PC specific questions. If anyone wants to ###### about that I'll delete their posts.

I sort of led the pack on the questioning and it was either 360 related - the launch is a few days away - or it was generic and will obviously apply to the PC as well.

…

Once the interview gets printed I think you will see how damn hard Redstorm has been working. And how much they went back to the drawing board to start over.

This was one of those really neat graphic effects that was going on while playing.  The area would get darker as the sun went behind clouds.  You could actually look up and see the clouds drifting across the sky.  The shadows on the ground coincided with the position of the sun (although I still think there is a small issue on rockycove with the shadows - they should always be parallel to each other, never at a 45 degree angle  :whistle:  ).  Visibility also was affected by sun position - brighter in the sunny areas and darker in the shadows.

In hindsight I wish we would have asked (or were shown) the other environments (night, rain) in action.  There aren't going to be any snow environments due to the location (Mexico).

On another note, for the female gamers... although there are going to be a lot of choices (example list coming soon) available, one that won't be available upon release of the game is the choice between male or female character.  :(

If possible, it would be nice to have a separate topic in the GRAW PC forum when cross platform questions/answers are concerned.

Or maybe, when the interview is released, to have a little * before the question so we know it concern the PC version as well.

Like the screenies we’ve been getting, it gets confusing when all mixed up.

Good job there dude :thumbsup: and dudette :thumbsup: , waiting for the complete interview.

If possible, it would be nice to have a separate topic in the GRAW PC forum when cross platform questions/answers are concerned.

Or maybe, when the interview is released, to have a little * before the question so we know it concern the PC version as well.

Like the screenies we’ve been getting, it gets confusing when all mixed up.

Good job there dude  :thumbsup: and dudette  :thumbsup: , waiting for the complete interview.

i like this idea, and great job guys! awesome and keep up the good work

You're an admin... so I'm assuming you're correct... but that statement seems, I don't know... wrong.

I was under the impression that RSE was handling everything X360, while another studio was developing the pc version.

Is this new info?

Its been known since E3 2005 that RSE is 360 MP only. I was personally told that, on the convention floor, the first day of E3. Its not new information.

Its been known since E3 2005 that RSE is 360 MP only.  I was personally told that, on the convention floor, the first day of E3.  Its not new information.

Hey, no problem. I just haven’t read it in print or in any recent online stuff... I've been watching this game's development pretty closely (you guys being pretty much the best source for info) and am just surprised that that had slipped under my radar.

Thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

Edited by recklessmind

Does that mean that the single player will look and play dramatically different than the multiplayer ? Will it use the same engine?

Yeah, I can’t help but wonder that myself.

Makes me think about Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory… and how the MP and SP feel so different. SP:CT multi still moves like Pandora Tomorrow… it never made the jump we see in the awesome SP:CT single player (and co-op) gameplay.

They did a lot of great things w/ the multi… but it just doesn’t feel like the rest of the game. You can tell it’s not the same developers.

Not saying that’s really that bad or anything… just saying it’s pretty noticeable and sometimes I was playing and thinking, “Man, wish this played a bit smoother – like the sp and co-op.â€

Do you think they'll pull a SP:CT w/ GRAW mp?

There are really too many cool things about GR:AW to list, without writing up a full report. Some of the things that really impressed me:

- The detail of the character models and textures

- The new sounds and sound engine

- HDRL lighting. Enough said.

- A host of subtle details that you may not even notice at first, such as hot shell casings sizzling when they hit the water.

It was really eye-opening, sitting there talking with Serellan, to see how much RSE really does listen to their fans and customers. Serellan explained multiple details about MP options, weapon loadouts, difficulty, etc., which were gleaned from fan feedback. It was my observation that RSE is very concerned with what their fans want. Every conceivable (and useful) option for gametypes has been implemented.

In short: I was quite impressed. I went to RSE not knowing what to expect, and what I saw was just amazing. The feeling I got was the same feeling as the first time I saw Ghost Recon. I can honestly say that GR:AW for the XBox 360 is, to me, what most of us gamers have asked for: The [Ghost Recon], but with newer, better graphics, and more options. As slick as it looks, the ... grit, rawness, and sheer coolness of Ghost Recon is back. If I had the money, I would buy an XBox 360, just to play GR:AW.

Knowing you Para like I think I do, and reading what I just read speaks to me almost as loudly as a DEMO :thumbsup:

There are really too many cool things about GR:AW to list, without writing up a full report.  Some of the things that really impressed me:

- The detail of the character models and textures

- The new sounds and sound engine

- HDRL lighting.  Enough said.

- A host of subtle details that you may not even notice at first, such as hot shell casings sizzling when they hit the water.

It was really eye-opening, sitting there talking with Serellan, to see how much RSE really does listen to their fans and customers.  Serellan explained multiple details about MP options, weapon loadouts, difficulty, etc., which were gleaned from fan feedback.  It was my observation that RSE is very concerned with what their fans want.  Every conceivable (and useful) option for gametypes has been implemented.

In short:  I was quite impressed.  I went to RSE not knowing what to expect, and what I saw was just amazing.  The feeling I got was the same feeling as the first time I saw Ghost Recon.  I can honestly say that GR:AW for the XBox 360 is, to me, what most of us gamers have asked for:  The [Ghost Recon], but with newer, better graphics, and more options.  As slick as it looks, the ... grit, rawness, and sheer coolness of Ghost Recon is back.  If I had the money, I would buy an XBox 360, just to play GR:AW.

Firstly I want to thank the guys and gals from RSE for showing us GR:AW and for answering all our questions.

Between Para, HF and Zjj they have already covered most areas until that is that massive interview if compiled.

Personally the MP stuff was awesome- the balancing of the maps is such that no one person can truely dominate the area unless they use and integrate with their team mates- patience and agression where needed are rewarded- the new lighting as the previous posts have stated is awesome and from a gaming standpoint add more realistic factors to the battle.

Immersion is a combination of realism, sound, intensity, visual stimulation have all these and you have it as real as it gets- GR:AW has all that and more.

From a realism standpoint the kit, weaponry, technology integrated is utterly realistic and comprehensive. This title is well researched and any allegation of the weapons, equipment etc being unrealistic is short sighted IMHO. If a game had half the realism the RSE guys have got then it'd be well researched title.

But to see HF, Para and Zjj excited was an indication in itself. And to be honest....i may well get an X-BOX 360 to play this title....It impressed me that much.... :yes:

Two questions:

Do you get to pick your weapon layout before each match, or when the match starts?

Yes.... to both questions.

Most people have a preference to class (4 to choose from) and weapon. One of the nice things about the MP setup is that you can define your preference and have it saved so all you need to do is turn on a machine anywhere (even when you aren't at your own machine), log in and you are set to go. However, you can change your class in the lobby or once you get in game, you may realize you are class heavy (or light) you can change your class and your weapon.

Does the rate-of-fire selection have its own button?

I don't know for sure. We didn't get hands on and it wasn't something we asked.

Knowing you Para like I think I do, and reading what I just read speaks to me almost as loudly as a DEMO :thumbsup:

I think Para was shocked speechless. It was commented on how quiet he was while there... and we know he isn't the quiet type. :rofl:

How are the maps like ? By that I mean, did the different maps feel and look different and if so -- in what way ? I am asking this question because all the maps are supposed to be Mexico City only and I am eager to know how the superdevs have broken the apparent monotony of an all-urban environment.

The feedback from you guys/girls has got me very excited and happy. :lol:

To think that some people were unhappy that the game was delayed. :nono:

Like I said before, if the delay is on account of a better game, and it certainly sounds like this is more than just a better game, I would even be happy to wait until this next summer.

Fans want the next iteration and they want it now, but if it does not meet their requirements then they complain.

Like they say, you can't get a top quality steak at McDonald's.

Thanks to all of the replies by ZJJ, HF, and Para. This really is looking better and better by the minute. It really sounds like a Chaos Theory scenario, where the sequel will surpass the original by a good long shot. :thumbsup:

How are the maps like ? By that I mean, did the different maps feel and look different and if so -- in what way ? I am asking this question because all the maps are supposed to be Mexico City only and I am eager to know how the superdevs have broken the apparent monotony of an all-urban environment.

We were shown two maps, Arroyo and Rockycove. Arroyo was more of a dessert map while rockycove had a beach feel. Neither had a urban feel to them. We probably didn't see the entire map, but of what we did see, I only detected one building on each. It was mentioned that most of the combat will be outdoors with limited access to buildings.

Both had a lot of boulders and rock formations to go around, hide behind, climb up. There is one spot on rockycove that is a sniper's dream spot; however, the way the map was designed, there are many points at which an opponent can come up behind you. Therefore, you had better have some good teamwork going to protect access or plan to die! :devil: