You guys/gals are going to love it!

ZJJ

I had the priviledge (along with a few others) of getting a glimpse of GR:AW MP for XBox 360. It has me wanting to purchase a 360 and wishing I had one reserved for next week. :(

I'll write more later, but I will say that you all asked for choices.... you have them and more than you can possibly imagine! :santa:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People should be get ready to have their world rocked right over. There is no game in development right now that looks like this game. Forget every movie you have seen online of any title. It will drop your jaw. And the first time you start shooting at a guy in a MP game and he dives, yes dives, behind a car or a rock you are going to stop dead in your tracks. And GR1 fans prepare for that old familiar feeling... :whistle:

We have hours of interview material coming and you are going to be amazed.

Prozac, I'll be feeding you all some information over the next couple of days. The official report will be later as the recording of the interview needs to be sent to me for transcribing. I also need to see if the other guys that were there have any input on what they saw.

My son went with me and he was impressed with what he saw, but it really hit home when we stopped by Best Buy on the drive home and we saw COD showing on the 360. He said "GR:AW [MP] looks so much better!"

The level of detail was mind blowing and the attention to what the gamers have been asking for is quite evident in what we saw. Unfortunately we didn't get any hands on time, but we say many different aspects of it.

People should be get ready to have their world rocked right over. There is no game in development right now that looks like this game. Forget every movie you have seen online of any title. It will drop your jaw. And the first time you start shooting at a guy in a MP game and he dives, yes dives, behind a car or a rock you are going to stop dead in your tracks. And GR1 fans prepare for that old familiar feeling... :whistle:

We have hours of interview material coming and you are going to be amazed.

sounds promising. Will we get to see some new screen shots/movies in the near future ?

It was really nice to see all of you again.

That reminds me, I was going to talk a bit about the maps we saw. The first one is Arroyo, but the one I really wanted mention was the one dedicated to Rocky which is named Rockycove! I thought it was really nice of RSE to think of this site when naming their maps. :rofl:

Disclaimer: the map is probably not a dedication, but more of describing the look!

the one I really wanted mention was the one dedicated to Rocky which is named Rockycove!  I thought it was really nice of RSE to think of this site when naming their maps.  :rofl:

Disclaimer:  the map is probably not a dedication, but more of describing the look!

No way. The guy has been immortalized with GRAW? How many of us can say that. :thumbsup:

Hmm, I just noticed the very faint, and barely legible disclaimer. :shifty:

Edited by jchung

So how about giving us some real impressions and stop teasing us with "It's so awesome...blah, blah, blah".  Please, you're driving me insane.  :blink:  :wall:

I want to hear more.  :P

I thought "awesome" explained it all. :huh:

We spent over 4 hours at RSE. We had a closed door interview with four Devs and Travis (you the man :wub: ), we had specific time with sound guys, time with character artists, time with concept artists, etc.

What burning question(s) do you have?

im concerned about the reticule. The vids I've seen of the multiplayer showed a fricken humoungous reticule even when the person was standing still and targetting. can you tell a little about that please?

Also, was there mention of why FPWV was abandoned only for the 360 release? still curious about that one. Thanks.

I thought "awesome" explained it all.  :huh:

We spent over 4 hours at RSE.  We had a closed door interview with four Devs and Travis  (you the man :wub: ), we had specific time with sound guys, time with character artists, time with concept artists, etc. 

What burning question(s) do you have?

I want to hear specifics about the graphics for one. Are the textures good and what not? Does the game have a realistic gritty look like the original GR or a "I'm running around playing paintball in Cancun" look....like the multiplayer videos I saw from X05. Are the animations good and realistic looking. How do explosions look? Are physics used in the game...or even noticeable. Does it look better than what we saw from X05 videos?

Does the multiplayer seem fast or is it about the same as GR2? Meaning do you run at a slower speed than GR2 or the same?

How are the different views? I know there is a short zoom with the left trigger, what did you think of it? Was the 1st person view the same as the original GR?

How was the sound? Weapons, environments, voices, etc....?

Does the game appear to be a big step from what we have with GR2...just in general I mean.

Did they say anything about a release date at all?

And thanks. :)

Edited by BIGOLBRAIN

Hmmm, maybe I should have left it at "question" (not plural). LOL

I don't have time for a long response at this time (need to leave for work soon), but I will get back to here. Until I do get back remember, this is the MP version of the game and it is still an alpha build.

To answer one of Zoolab's questions, you have three views - FPWV, over the shoulder and cross cams (I'll touch on this more in the report).

And one of BOB's questions, the release date is determined by Ubi, but the target is February as previously reported.

Sorry I can't write more now. :(

Hmmm, maybe I should have left it at "question" (not plural).  LOL

I don't have time for a long response at this time (need to leave for work soon), but I will get back to here. Until I do get back remember, this is the MP version of the game and it is still an alpha build.

To answer one of Zoolab's questions, you have three views - FPWV, over the shoulder and cross cams (I'll touch on this more in the report).

And one of BOB's questions, the release date is determined by Ubi, but the target is February as previously reported.

Sorry I can't write more now. :(

No problem just get back to us when you can. We are talking about the 360 version here right? I mean the devs just said about a month ago there was no weapon in the 1st person view for the 360. This is different than the Org. Xbox and pc version from what I understand. Has this changed though?

And thanks. :)

I want the eye candy to be what gr1was 5years ago...........blowing me over !!!!!!!!, but i sure as hell dont want an xbox port to pc!!!

I hope the differences between the Xbox 360 and the PC are small; I don't want to get my hopes up and then hear that the PC game won't look as good or play as well.

thats not what a real gr fan would want to play..........

-M-