Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter PC Q&A

Colin

At last some news.

Will GRAW have a "class system" for weapon selection, similar to [Ghost Recon]? How will the "kit" selection work (how many slots for equipment and what types of weapons can be selected as primary/secondary etc)?

GRAW is not limited to individual classes of weapon selection : you have a complete freedom on the type of equipment you can carry. You have 3 slots for primary, secondary, and backpack, and you can select a different equipment for each of these slots. Primary is of course used for assault rifles and sniper rifles, while secondary is for handguns and SMGs. Finally, the “mod†system enables you to select scopes, grenade launcher, and even front grips, for both the primary and secondary weapons.

The weight of the weapons will of course impact on how your stamina is expended by physical exertion.

Will jumping be included?

No, there is no jumping, although very low obstacles are automatically surmounted.

Will there be simulated physics? If so which engine, and how will the flight of the bullet be handled?

Yes, there are actually 2 physical engines integrated in the game, Havok and Novodex. The bullet simulation will be as close to realism as possible (such as passing through thin surface or trees), but not at the expense of the gameplay feeling.

Will the PC version have cluttered HUD and coloured silhouettes found in the Xbox 360 version?

No we are not outlining silhouettes in the PC version, because the PC community was strongly opposed to it.

Is PC MP going to be able to play against Xbox 360 MP? Just for kicks

The PC version and the Xbox 360 are not quite the same game therefore we will not be able to play cross platform.

LNK

Colin

I could have sworn I said that there would be no colored outlines in GRAW for PC somewhere. :scratches head:

A prophet is accepted everywhere accept his own home town, WK!

And now, a tribute to (the late) Rodney Dangerfield.

*rodney dangerfield voice on* When I was a kid I got no respect. The day I was born, the Dr. said, "I did all I could but he pulled through anyway".....ba dum dum....(applause) My momma breastfed me...........but through a straw. Last week, I went to my proctologist, he stuck his finger in my mouth. NO Respect, I tell ya, no respect. The time I was lost on the beach and the cop helped me look for my parents I said, "Do you think we'll find them?" He said, "I don't know, kid, there's so many places they could hide."

It was the same thing in the army, no respect. They gave me a uniform that glowed in the dark. I get no respect. This last week my tie was on fire. Some guy tried to put it out with an ax! I tell ya I get no respect from anyone. I bought a cemetary plot. The guy said, "There goes the neighborhood!" I tell ya when I fly, I don't get no respect. I took one of those cheap flights, no frills. I finished eatin' and had to do the dishes. And I tell ya I got no confidence in the pilot. When he makes a left turn he puts his hand out.

I don't get no respect. I told my psychiatrist I got suicidal tendencies. He said from now on I have to pay in advance. I don't get no respect. I called Suicide Prevention. They tried to talk me into it. Christmas I got no respect. In my stocking, I got an odor-eater.

I tell you, with my doctor, I don't get no respect. Well, I told him I've swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills. He told me to have a few drinks and get some rest.

WK, all in good fun! I'm just GRAWhappy!

Edited by Tortfeaser

Good news, all of them.

No red outlines --- I am a happy man. I hope this means that there will be no red diamonds as well.

Just yesterday we were discussing about customizable weapons and today we get the confirmation. :)

Though I am generally opposed to unnatural or high jumping as it ruins tactical gameplay, the ability to jump over obstacles like sandbags etc. , by the player as well as NPCs, for the purpose of taking cover, would have been in line with the tactical theme of the game. I hope some thought is given to this point.

GRIN, you guys are the best and are really listening to the hardcore fans. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Edited by buddhiraja73

At last some news.

Will the PC version have cluttered HUD and coloured silhouettes found in the Xbox 360 version?

No we are not outlining silhouettes in the PC version, because the PC community was strongly opposed to it.

They actually listen, I love these guys! (In a platonic way) :thumbsup:

Edited by joka

Some sweet news there.

A good sign that they really seem to pay attention to what we love and hate. (ahem-cough diamonds cough cough).

I guess no jumping really is the best thing. To be honest i realled wanted it in GR1 just for the way it ads to the realism of the environment but there doesnt seem to be a way to have it so that idiots don't hop all over. No jumping keep the game more strategic i'm sure of it.

I'm quite interested in the mod ability of the weapons. Does it mean we could take a sniper rifle 'and' an smg such as mp5? I don't know if any snipers do that in the real world but that would be lovely in GRAW.

it would a lot of fun to experiment with taking minimal gear and see what difference it makes to the sprining/running. Fast and light just might be the way to go for some strategies. I hope the game balances that well.

Damn Feb can't come quick enough.

Oh man when an expansion pack comes out with the inevitable countryside bits. I'm down for some surpressed sniper and surpressed mp5 bushwhacking action.

You know a big factor in GR1 was it's subltle and consisant shading and shodows around walls, bushes etc. you could really pick a spot in some shade and make yourself very hard to spot. I don't see that with other games. Even when you get ina bush you tend to stick out and can be spotted for miles. As GRAW is being done for a totally different graphics engine and by different people do you think they will even remember or factor in that subtlty of GR1? I hope so.