• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got a chance to use an old idea of mine:

gdciii.jpg

Edit: Quick note: The words arent mine, they are song lyrics from

"What are we fighting for" by 'Live'

Dan, you touched on something critical here. By being negative about the current political military deployment by most of the 'modern world', you show a certain support for the troops that is often blindsided.

Support the troops by not sending them out to fight wars created by bureaucrats.

Yes, I know. No political discussion, and even less in the GDC, and more so, me being staff. I thought about the theme, and all I can think of is my brother, in the Canadian Air Force, who will not be risking his life due to choices made by the Canadian Government on a situation that there is no qualification for.

Sorry, folks. I know I risk my position, my post AND my beliefs, but this is one GDC that I cannot accept, nor ignore.

/hides

EDIT: To the veterans of wars past, I won't wear a poppy on my lapel, but I will buy a round at my local Legion hall. To those who have served, my best regards. Thank you, all. I don't question those who serve, like my brother has for the last 15 years, I question the choices made by those who command them.

Edited by Dannik
I don't question those who serve, like my brother has for the last 15 years, I question the choices made by those who command them.

Dare I speak for anyone who pays tribute ... it is neither the choices made nor those who make the choices in which we hold regard. It is the heroism of those who risk their lives despite these choices - whether they agree with them, are cognizant of them, or not. In that capacity alone do we pay tribute.

Dan, you touched on something critical here.  By being negative about the current political military deployment by most of the 'modern world', you show a certain support for the troops that is often blindsided.

Support the troops by not sending them out to fight wars created by bureaucrats.

Yes, I know.  No political discussion, and even less in the GDC, and more so, me being staff.  I thought about the theme, and all I can think of is my brother, in the Canadian Air Force, who will not be risking his life due to choices made by the Canadian Government on a situation that there is no qualification for.

Sorry, folks.  I know I risk my position, my post AND my beliefs, but this is one GDC that I cannot accept, nor ignore.

/hides

EDIT:  To the veterans of wars past, I won't wear a poppy on my lapel, but I will buy a round at my local Legion hall.  To those who have served, my best regards.  Thank you, all. I don't question those who serve, like my brother has for the last 15 years, I question the choices made by those who command them.

The one thing that remains constant in this world is people's right to free speech. Whether that right was protected for me, Dannik or gained for the people of Iraq the outcome is the same. It takes the common soldier, sailor and airman to guarentee that right. Not some politician. We may not always agree with what people say but they do have the right to say it because of those in uniform.

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

sorry Ronin for the extra work, but i've done it again.... you can forget my first entry, I want this to be my entry ....

its a shame we cant send in dozens of ideas  :P

Dude, feel free to change up your ideas as much as you want ... just know the latest date of your official entry will be reflected in your score.

Also, for this particular GDC, please feel free to post as many non official entries as you'd like. Point being, I plan on incorporating all, some or, one of these into a Flash based memorial for GR.net (most likely all so the more the merrier).

some nice entries .. :thumbsup:

This is a good topic.. But the next GDC is gonna have to be a None-military topic coz then it will start to get a bit repeatative ... & thats not very inspiring ... ;)

peace

:thumbsup:

This is a good topic.. But the next GDC is gonna have to be a None-military topic  coz then it will start to get a bit repeatative ... & thats not very inspiring ...  ;)

I was thinking underwater basket weaving.

some nice entries ..  :thumbsup:

This is a good topic.. But the next GDC is gonna have to be a None-military topic  coz then it will start to get a bit repeatative ... & thats not very inspiring ...  ;)

peace

:thumbsup:

GDC 1 Angels

GDC 2 GR Movie Poster

GDC 3 Military tribute

I see where you are coming from...but there is not much of a connection from one to the next ......yet.

HACK

I was thinking underwater basket weaving.

I was thinking .. Mcdonalds Dehli Sandwiches ...

I see where you are coming from...but there is not much of a connection from one to the next ......yet.

We dont need conections ....

Wow ... great entries so far!!

Here's a page from the Arlington Ntl Cemetry website paying homage to Jason Dean Cunningham for those that are not familiar.

Keep the tributes coming ... regardless of whether you win, entries will be included in a tribute which will be showcased this Friday on this site.

Thank you for the complimants guys.

For all those interested read:

None Braver

Author: Michael Hirsh

The book is about U.S Air Force Pararesuemen in Afghanistan.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op