GDC III: Tribute to Soldier

the.ronin

I am a Soldier.  I am a Warrior and a member of a team.  I serve the people of my Nation and live by my Values.  I will always place the mission first.  I will never accept defeat.  I will never quit.  I will never leave a fallen comrade.  I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.  I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.  I am an expert and I am a professional.  I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of my Nation in close combat.  I am a guardian of Freedom and Liberty.  I am a Soldier.

Next week, countries across the world will pay homage to those that fight so that others may live. GDC III honors the Soldier without regard to the flag upon which he or she has dedicated their life.

Theme: Tribute to Soldier

Classification: Postcard

Style: Static Image

Size: 400 px wide x 300 px high; no more than 200 kb

Last Date of Submission: November 11, 2005; 12.00 am GMT

Minimum Point Hurdle: 50

Think of a postcard one would send to a loved one out in the field. Or one sent to a grandfather who fought in WWII. Entries may include a brief phrase, verse, or saying consistent with the theme. The image used should compliment the overall theme. Above all else, the entry should be kept in good taste free of any underlying political agenda. Lastly, please note the expedited deadline for this GDC.

gdc%20award%20iii_blank.gif

Yellow.gif

[EDIT] Please note that entries must be 400 px wide by 300 px high. They can be less than and up to 200 kb.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Soldier.  I am a Warrior and a member of a team.  I serve the people of my Nation and live by my Values.  I will always place the mission first.  I will never accept defeat.  I will never quit.  I will never leave a fallen comrade.  I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.  I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.  I am an expert and I am a professional.  I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of my Nation in close combat.  I am a guardian of Freedom and Liberty.  I am a Soldier.

Next week, countries across the world will pay homage to those that fight so that others may live. GDC III honors the Soldier without regard to the flag upon which he or she has dedicated their life.

Im confused lol..

Is this supposed to be a ''Remembering Day'' or a US Army propaganda project?.. :rofl:

Coz the ''I am a Soldier'' sounds totally different to me than a Tribute fer Vets..

so .. what is it..? :blink:

Is it restricted to ''those who fight thw WW2?..

Hmm,  I was pretty sure i didnt post that 'dirty' link yet......maybe my sig goes to something dirty, I'll check it out.

Hahaha ... what I posted was a hilarious quote from Steve Martin in the movie, L.A. Story ... he was critiquing a painting later revealed to be of a single red triangle.

Coz the ''I am a Soldier'' sounds totally different to me than a Tribute fer Vets..

so .. what is it..? blink.gif

Is it restricted to ''those who fight thw WW2?..

The quote is based off of the U.S. Army Creed ... it is meant to encapsulate the heroism of which your entry pays tribute.

Does the Entry have to be exactly 400 px wide x 300 px high?..

I mean not going over it :lol:  .. But can it be less than?..

Absolutely. Unless stated otherwise, these are size maximums.

o.k then .... thanx ...

:thumbsup:

I need to retract this ...

PLEASE MAKE ALL SIZES EXACTLY 400 PX WIDE X 300 PX HIGH

The reason being is that I plan on taking these entries and somehow incorporating the winner or all into a Flash tribute likely with Black Hawk Down's "Leave No Man Behind" as the soundtrack ...

Sorry for any inconvenience.