Date: Friday - 21:30hrs

Weather: Dark

Map name: The Local

Objectives:

1) Locate and retrieve ale

2) Secure table

3) Make contact with local birds

X) All team members survive to extraction

"OK - it's Operation Pub guys, on my signal...Dave and Jonny, you take the bar for the first objective - ale. Mike and Dan, you two head off to the north and secure a table, make sure you got a good LOS to spot any incoming birds incase the third objective is closer than we expect or attempts to escape. Meanwhile Paul will scout around the location and try to find the third objective - bear in mind that they could be in a number of locations and the enemy could well be looking for them also, as you'll be out on your own maintain stealth and break off in a contact before calling in the rest of the team for support. Meanwhile, I'll take the vehicle to the extraction point before joining you.

Good luck gentlemen."

:D

When you havent bothered to buy GRAW and have uninstalled [GR] a few months ago ... but everytime on a radio advert about debt you here the sound of an owl and running water, it automaticly projects an image in you minds eye of crawling over the hill towards the barn on [GR] The Farm Night map checking out for tangos to ambush :ph34r::)

This is honestly true ... the damn advert always does this. yet to work out why they use the sounds in the advert for debt anyway ... :D

• 8 months later...

*really happened, sadly*

when you are making a mothers day card in PSP, and and you reflexively save it as a 512x512 RSB

*in san franscico,fog city*

walking thru the the park, and you mutter yourself "cant see squat in this fog".....and a random passerby replies with "we cant see them, they cant see us".

(seriously, i lol'ed for 10 minutes)

• 3 weeks later...

*really happened, sadly*

when you are making a mothers day card in PSP, and and you reflexively save it as a 512x512 RSB

walking thru the the park, and you mutter yourself "cant see squat in this fog".....and a random passerby replies with "we cant see them, they cant see us".

That last one..... I'd ###### my pants if that happened to me......

LOL, THAT is funny!

Scarry version: there was no passerby (think "A Beautiful Mind").

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Best read by John Cleese:

When you die because you expected a thin, flimsy piece of wooden furniture to protect you from a frag.

When you figure the odds are in your favor that your tent will stop a bullet.

When someone kills your buddy with a suppressed weapon from 250m away and you're confused because you don't know exactly which distant bush they're hiding in. (Let alone which direction the shot came from.)

When the cops arrest your kid for shooting out street lights with his pellet gun and you tell them, "No, that's not possible" because you actually believe that it can't be done.

When you get mauled by a dog that you dismissed as a sound emitter when you heard it growl behind you.

When you're bleeding to death from a gunshot wound and you're thinking, "Well, at least I'll get a full kit out of it."

When you think that you can call 911 on TeamSpeak after you've been murdered and tell them, "Hurry up! I can still see his feet! He's standing right there!!!"

When one of your front tires goes flat and you worry that if the other one does as well, your engine will die.

When you only fire weapons from the hip because, well, you're not supposed to be able to see them, right?

When you think that modern NV equipment performs like 30 year old technology.

When you think that the muzzle flash on movie weapons looks realistic.

When you fire a real weapon for the fist time in your life and your reaction is:

a. "That's totally unrealistic."

b. Being so startled that you yell like a little girl.

c. Wetting yourself.

d. Crying.

e. b & c simultaneously, followed almost immediately by d, and then later muttering a.

-Doc

/sorry if any are dupes

//I'll think of more

///sorry about that too

When you fire a real weapon for the fist time in your life and your reaction is:

a. "That's totally unrealistic."

:rofl:

Several years ago during an AS co-op tourney mission:

A team member had nature call very emphatically.

Instead of running to the bathroom he hollers at the wife to bring him a five gallon bucket so he won't be afk.

Playing a mission in a dream I got mad at the scripter because he had placed tangos in the out of bounds area of the map.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...