Ghost Recon.net Forums

Operation : Red Storm

Ive been away from the Modding scene for a while (3+ months) but thank to Jay316 and his Centcom Mod Im now back into the "scene" again. After finishing of some stuff for Centcom I will restart work on my 4th A9 Campaign Mod, called Op:Red Storm (pun not intended). :rolleyes:

Starting in Kyrgyzstan in 2009(ish), it is the final part of the A9 Series Ive being doing. Again a stand alone Mod, but those who have played the others will enjoy the conclusion to the plot line through them all (I hope). It may start slow(ish) but will rapidly see Asia imploding into a major war that threatens the shape of the world to come !!! :devil:

It will have a 16+ mission Campaign, and will have new Vehicles (min 6), Maps (min 4), Chr's (min 8) and Weapons (min 10) in. About half where finished when I came to a halt, so it should be a post-new year release - hopefully before GR:AW is released :rofl:

I hope people would be interested in this project, and any help would be appreciated to speed things up (especially on Maps and Chr !) :whistle:

Right thanx to several fellow modders who have offered to help in areas Im not complely happy with (ok, I suck and/or havent had a lot of experience doing) e.g. the Chr (Jaxe) and Maps (Deleyt) making in 3ds. :thumbsup:

Im especially pleased to report that Deleyt has given me permission to use his 99% complete "White Skull Town" map for the Op Red Storm mod - thanx a million times m8 !!! I was one of those looking foward to its release a LONG time ago, so to get my own hands on it first is a big early-christmas pressie for me :santa: I hope this Mod can show off the map at its best :yes:

Ive also got Reiver retexturing a few of the stock maps for this mod, to add an extra "something" as well :D

Im especially pleased to report that Deleyt has given me permission to use his 99% complete "White Skull Town" map for the Op Red Storm mod - thanx a million times m8 !!!

You're welcome :D

Do remember that the map is still far from 99% complete though. Adding details, textures and mapping them will keep you busy for a while ;)

Ofcourse, if you need any questions answered, I'll be happy to assist.

Have fun! :)

Is this anything to do with the book "Red Storm" by a certain Mr Clancy?

Just asking, cos that is one hell of a read. In fact, has anyone done missions about any of the Tom Clancy novels? If not, why not? I'd have a go but I can't get IGOR on Mac. :wall:

This was in no way a means of dropping a HUGE hint by the way... :whistle:

No, sorry to dissapoint you but this Mod is not based on that book. The idea for this Mod was laid down right back in my first Mod (OpSS) and has being slowly built upto. I hope however you will enjoy this finished product just as well :D

As for basing Mods on his books, its a cracking idea. However there isnt that many combat scenes in most of the books to make a decent sized Mod - "Clear And Present Danger" would do it thou I suppose :lol:

Who wants to play Mr.Clark then ??? :devil:

Once ive done the missions on the stock/retextured GR maps I will indeed be looking for testers (while I complete the new maps Im doing) for the missions. Once each new map is done and scriped I will then beta test that one while completing the next etc etc

Its a different way to how I normally do my Mods (eg write it all then get it tested) but this should speed up the Mod making process - I Hope :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep you all updated - OpRS wil now feature a 19 mission campaign utilising few of the standard GR maps we have come to love ;)

Instead Im using quite a few new maps made by the Community (some even retextured as appropiate) and a few made by myself :o

So far Ive scripted around 4 missions to Beta test level, and another 2 at Alpha Test level. All missions wil have new vehicles/wepons/static,s used in them and at the moment Im currently having a whole new set of chr made :D

As an aside, once this Mod is completed I will release my new maps as a seperate Map Pack and also the new Vehicles/Weapons also as a seperate Pack. Both of hese Packs will be freely useable by the Comunity (as per my norm) :thumbsup:

Im aiming (ho ho ho) to get this released in Feb/March - we will see, as all my Mods release dates have slipped at least a month - maybe this will be the first to be on time :whistle:

Well I might do some "pimped-up" versions of BMP's etc etc but nothing new in mind (except possibly finally doing a BMP-3 ), most new vehicles will be the OPFOR :thumbsup:

Delyt, WST will be finished as soon as I can finish off the majority of my other maps (so I can get the scripting done & tested ASAP). No worries, and thanx again for the map :yes:

Well even with a bad cold at the mo, Im making some head way - 2 more missions scripted and my first new map almost completed - some screenies for this map (called Timberyard) are posted in the Map Making Forum section. :thumbsup:

Ok, bouncing along nicely now - 2nd new Map, called 'Killingfield' is in need of Trees only to be finished now. Scripting one for 1/2 the missions and Im currently waiting on a few fellow members of the Community for there bits to come back to me for inclusion. (Hint Hint) :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I may be far away from home at the moment, but at least I have some free time to Mod make/Model build.

Latest Vehicle for inclusion in Op Red Storm done, its a new Helicopter - check out the Vehicle Forum for pics ;)