GRIN vs. GR.net Fans

ZJJ

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're so gonna kick your ass :)

Release the modding-tools and I'll make you a nice map you're not accustomed to.

That should even out the odds a bit.... :devil::rofl:

that'd be good...

first we play on their maps, then they play on ours! :devil:

Its going to be home game all day - after all you guys are GR1 vets right :)

ok, I used the search button and Firefox search button (CTRL+F), I didn't anything about a spectator mode for those who will not be selected.

Will there be any?

Anyone recording the game so we can view it later?

If so please make sure we can easily download it later, thanks. :thumbsup:

Hi Bo,

I like your avatar, the Grin logo.

Do you have fullscreen wallpaper of that?

I like what i hear so far, however details and such are beyond me LOL. Cant wait for a demo or release of the game.

If the game has the same "feeling" as GR1 then you have yourself a big fan :thumbsup: .

Greetings Jenny.

smarter men than me will decide rules and terms, but I'd suggest the challengers (us) choose any three maps, with the choices withheld from the GRIN team until the day of the event.

I would also suggest that the GRIN team release any high res/topographic maps/aerial photos so that challengers could conduct a proper terrain analysis.

The force defending a position often has the advantage over an attacking force. I'd recommend that challengers defend, GRIN attacks.

I dont believe that it really matters what map we play on.  If you designed the map, youre not going to forget how to play it.  As soon as they see which map we chose, they are gonna laugh and play it.  but the challengers defend and GRIN attacks is a good idea.

The whole point is to have what is called a deliberate defense, with assigned secondary positions, sectors of fire, a full sector sketch, automatic weapons covering the most likely high speed avenue of approach, dead space covered by grenades or claymore, etc.

Knowing your terrain/situational awareness, is a key to winning. On new terrain, there will be no C3, command, control, communications.

By announcing the map game day, GRIN will have to prepare attack scenarios for all maps. Of course, they will ALWAYS have home team advantage, as they knwo the maps like the back of their hand, but I am analyzing the problem to identify aspects that can be advantagious to our team.

Bo, are there circumstances where the GRNET team may have access to terrain data on all maps? Would that have to be after release of the PC game, if at all?

We just can't let you win without a truly awesome fight.

If you want to ensure it's as fair a fight as possible, you should really look into releasing an MP demo with a map or two a good month before the game ships. You know, to give the GR.net team a chance to get to know the game. Yeah. That's it. :whistle:

We just can't let you win without a truly awesome fight.

If you want to ensure it's as fair a fight as possible, you should really look into releasing an MP demo with a map or two a good month before the game ships. You know, to give the GR.net team a chance to get to know the game. Yeah. That's it. :whistle:

Yer too true.

Oh man...

Time for me and the other guys to start practicing. We just can't let you win without a truly awesome fight.

:devil:

What?! You don't have time to practice. Back to work! :rofl:

Welcome to gr.net. We're all looking forward to seeing the end result of your efforts to bring back GR to the PC.