Changing Boot Color?

There is one way that is pretty ghetto but it can work in special cases.

First you will need to make sure that you have Mike Schell's character skinner that is available for dl here or at theplatoon.com.

Note: this only works with the original GR characters, because all the body parts are separately labeled for skinning.

Now I'm just speaking in hypotheticals since I don't remember exactly what is on all the different skins, but the first thing to do is to take the character files (.chr) that you want to be the base character, and copy them into a separate mod folder (otherwise you are messing with original files :unsure: ). Go to properties for each one and uncheck read-only then change their names (xyz.chr, xyz_a.chr, xyz_b.chr) to whatever you want them to be.

You then need to identify which skin you want the new boots to come from.

Open up MS's skinner and open your renamed chr file. You should see several body parts listed (if you only see head and body it won't change just the boots), and select boots. Righ above the "browse" button you should see the name of the original skin. Click browse and then select the new skin that you want to use for the boots.

Now all the other body parts should have their original labels, and the boots should have their new label (check above "browse"). Choose save and then just click okay and tell it to overwrite (you did copy from the originals).

Next you would need to open IGOR and create a new actor to see if it worked the way you wanted it to. If you are unsure how to do this, Ruin's skin tutorials explain the process needed for this.

Note: since each skin is designed specifically for its chr file, they won't always line up right, and I am not sure that the skins from DS and IT would line up right at all.

Hope this helps you some.

C