Can we play an MP game with GRIN ?

Personally, I don't believe skill should have anything to do with who gets to play, but it will probably be hard to devise a system for choosing players any other way. Perhaps, a "scavenger hunt" around the forums or other GR/GRAW related sites... or a combination of GR skills and other tests... or just let everyone play and play enough rounds so that everyone gets some action.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or a combination of GR skills and other tests

Hopefully there'll be a GRAW MP demo out soon enough to let any skill based testing be done with that instead of GR, the best GR players won't nessecarily make the best GRAW players.

Just for fun, I've been trying to work out the best way of breaking the team of 9 down into squads and classes (riflemen, support, snipers etc), but without having played the game or the maps, I'm just ending up with more questions. For e.g. would it be worth keeping one player back in reserve to coordinate the others through cross-com and to manage the UAV or other potential assets, or is it better to have all guns putting steel on target ?

How about this.... since this is a game of GR.net fans against GRIN, we determine who the fans are. A fan is someone who is here all the time, may not post, but checks in to see what is happening. Therefore, using that logic, the fans would be the first ones who signed up in the sign up thread. Maybe we should use those first 9 with a few alternates in case people's machines can't handle GR:AW and will then need to bow out of the challenge. :hmm:

DISCLAIMER: Above idea was said is jest and will not be how the team will be determined.

DISCLAIMER:  Above idea was said is jest and will not be how the team will be determined.

Wow, that is really small and gray. :P I didn't even spot it until I noticed it quoted in the REPLY window after I had finished my own reply and was ready to press [ADD REPLY]. Too funny.

--Logos

I'd like to see the team of 9 made up as follows:

3 GR modders we all know and love.

3 newbies that just joined because GRAW was coming out

3 crusty old members that have been with GhostRecon.net since the first 12 months of the site.

I think these people are the building blocks of my joy. Modders kept me playing, especially my buddy Harntrox. ;) The newbies are why UBI keeps coming back. The old crusty members are loyal, deserving of a new game, and worthy of our respect. Under my proposal, I am excluded, and i'm ok with that.

What follows is pure commercial prostitution: :rocky:

I'd like to see Alienware sponser the computers. Let Nvidia and ATI battle over who'se card was used. I'd like to see G4TV cover the event live. (think digital replay value!) Locations? The US Army simulation center, at Ft. Benning or Ft. Bragg; (helps with recruiting!) or clear out a Best Buy store section and use their floorspace and sponsership, as well as their high speed connection back to GRIN.

what are we playing for?

don’t get me wrong, the few lucky B that will be chosen should consider it a privilege to play against THE makers, but to use a cooking analogy, there is nothing wrong with adding a little spice to the recipe.

if we win; GRIN as to make an extra map for us.

if the GRIN crew wins (ya right); ? _________________-fill in the blanks

or something like that :shifty:

How about this: If a single member from this forum can recite the alphabet through and through, GRIN has to release a demo by christmas.

Sound like a plan Bo?  :thumbsup:

:nono:

If Bo told you, he'd have to ..................kill you...

seriously, I think those guys are on a pretty tight reign on demo information, and besides if they gave us a demo with enough time to us to practice, they'd be assured to lose the competition. As I have said before, the headlines would be replete with phrases such as

"GRIN weeps, gnashes teeth" and

"GRIN next of kin has been notified" or

"At least they died with a GRIN."

I just hope they have other skills, because when we utterly destroy them at a game they made, they won't want to go back to making videogames. :rocky: We may want to take it easy on them, out of compassion.

Edited by Tortfeaser

How about this: If a single member from this forum can recite the alphabet through and through, GRIN has to release a demo by christmas.

Sound like a plan Bo?  :thumbsup:

:nono:

If Bo told you, he'd have to ..................kill you...

seriously, I think those guys are on a pretty tight reign on demo information,

¨

A healthy dose of annoying nagging has never hurt anyone, or has it? :shifty:

Edited by joka

• 2 weeks later...

The GRIN team was recently filmed training the battle drill "enter and clear a room" You may recognize "first man" as Bo. Men 2, 3, and 4, appear to be active army troops GRIN has recruited in order to increase their odds of beating us. This is key insight into their TTP, tactics, techniques, and procedures and should be studied closely. It should be noted by all that they still have no chance of winning in this monumental event.

They also answered the question of how many men can fit into a KBR port a potty.

www.supportourwarriors.com/gallery/albums/ARMY-PHOTOS/Howtoclearabuilding.wmv

hope the link works.

• 3 weeks later...