Can we play an MP game with GRIN ?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe selection should be a competion of some sort ...

Like ... in no more than x-number of words do you think you should be in the team ... or something like that. Keeps the forums fun.

Or a thread set up to say "count me in" or PM ... then submitions from that?

Im no good at this sort of thing, did a pub quiz once and messed it up ! :o

I guess I need to say that I am in, I think Bo would be sad if I didn't join in the fun.

The map, provided they have a demo about ready to go, should be the map to be used ala Ubi's Demo LMS Competition (Rocky, Daywanderer and myself started [GRNET] with that competition) that was held when GR was first released.

My suggestion to you guys is to have qualifying rounds to make the team and that way muster up the best team to face us

because YOU SO ARE GOING TO NEED IT :)

/Bo

See, that is the advantage y'all have there Bo. During development, y'all test the maps and gameplay on said maps even before we get a demo. Still, the demo map is the best choice as not everyone may have the full version yet can still join the fun as the demo can be downloaded.

This sounds GREAT!!!

Is ther any way to involve established clans on current ladders like TCZ, TWL, TAG (I think that's all the T's :) )... or other ladders.

There are a lot of GR clans out there that still compete on these ladders and actively recruit to keep GR alive until GR:AW is released.

If not, this still sounds great! Where do I sign up :D .

Yes, this is my first post! :P

Edited by Spoondle

This sounds GREAT!!!

Is ther any way to involve established clans on current ladders like TCZ, TWL, TAG (I think that's all the T's  :) )... or other ladders.

There are a lot of GR clans out there that still compete on these ladders and actively recruit to keep GR alive until GR:AW is released.

If not, this still sounds great! Where do I sign up  :D .

Now why do I have a feeling that you signed up here just to see if y'all coudl get in on this? :FIREdevil:

Welcome to GR.net and enjoy our vast resources.

The Sweds against the rest of the world.  :unsure:  Somebodys gonna have more than they can handle.  :devil:  :o=

Well, perhaps, but as a Swede (recently moved to the US), I'm sure the GRIN will put up some nice resistance, if the game goes off...you won't be disappointed!

About ping… I think a "European GR.net member team" would probably be the best solution...if server’s is in Sweden that will say.

…But the rest of the world, don’t despair, the latest breaking news from CNN says the GRIN developers will celebrate the successful PC release of GRAW with a World Tour in comfort, sipping Champagne … ;)

Look forward seeing you on Logan Airport, Boston! I’ll buy you all a beer! Cheers!

grinlearjet6gr.gif

Spyphoto caught over Stockholm a sunny Sunday, Fall 2005.

OK, tell me if I need to tone it down a little, but Alienware could provide the PCs for the players to ensure no unfair technology advantage, RSE could host the challengers in a central location here in the States....and ensure a high speed connection. G4 TV could show it as a live event.....with incredible replay value....Your entry could be inside the box to ensure maximimum purchases....(sorry, that's the lawyer talking)

:rofl: LMAO Ronin.

My suggestion to you guys is to have qualifying rounds to make the team and that way muster up the best team to face us

/Bo

Ooooo fighting talk, Grin may have the advantage of hours of play testing, but we GR fans have 4yrs GR experience under our belts.

If we kick ya ass, it will be a testament to how well GRIN replicated the gameplay of the original GR series. (so it's in your interests to lose :lol: )

If you're talking team vs team, then why limit it to 4 people per team?  Let's max out the server!  16 per team!

Challenge taken. We will train on the right map from now on then :)

Hahaha! Something's not quite fair here, never mind though, we have our own secret weapon! :D

Someone mail me the secret weapon.

If you submit the map to the US Army War College, I bet staff would run the numbers to determine fair numbers for a defending force versus attacking force. It is not necesarrily always 1 to 1. More likely to be closer to 3 attackers to 1 defender, depending upon among other things, the level of defender preparation. (and practice...) We have formulas for everything from light forces to armored forces.

/Bo

That's where my thoughts were going. :thumbsup: