GRAW Multiplayer

Hey. With all the talk about GRAW PC, I havent seen much talk about multiplayer. Does anyone know what the multiplayer is going to be like? I know theres 4 players on a team, but what are the game types? Can you play against a computer, or just Team vs team? Whats the server going to be like? Whats the lobby going to be like (ie. will it be just as crappy as the GR1 lobby or will it be more like a good lobby)? Will players be able to download a map from a server host if he dosent have it on his HD?

:o=

Whats the server going to be like? Whats the lobby going to be like (ie. will it be just as crappy as the GR1 lobby or will it be more like a good lobby)?

If there are two things that I do not want on the new GR:AW that was like the original GR, it is the crappy lobby and the server set up. Please update that and make it more user friendly !!!

CAN I GET AN AMEN !!!?!?!?!?!?! :D

Edited by Cutter

I really liked the server lobby that we had in GR1. I hope that has been kept! it helped organize and get everyone ready for the game...

What I hate about a lot of games now is that you can just join into the game even tho 2 teams have already started.

CAN I GET AN AMEN !!!?!?!?!?!?!

:tumbleweed:

:rofl: I liked the old lobby. I thought that was perfect, its other games that drop you into game w/out briefing, w/o intel, w/o any pause from the game to talk to teammates.

Yeah, everyones got more than enough expreiences geting others to X up, but still, there are servers with timers, and it wasnt usually too lang of a wait for the most part. (I once fell asleep waiting to play "one last mission" I'm sure there was alot of crys for me to X UP then). I'd keep the lobby setup GR1 has over RvS, BF2, JO, or Swat4 anyday.

Good idea Lite, not a bad idea for coop fans too.

Edited by smokin

Dude ready up. Hey, hey hey dude x up. Come on ready up we are all waiting. come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Less of the above i hope.

Options are always good, the more the better.

\\\\////

////\\\\ <------ CLICK IT !!! I BEG UU !!!1

:lol::P

I realy liked between games chats in server screen :) I hope that server screen in GRAW will be based on GR1 .

PS. Pointa, You allways can use auto-start timer : 15 sec option ;)

Edited by Joseph_Q

Yep I like GR1 for the lobby.

Many a time I would chat to other waiting for the round to end, even if they logged out and never waited it wash a chat!

I think having it geared that way to have options to wait is good. I think that its nice to see the action while waiting though, especialy if missions take 30 mins or more!

Edited by calius

I used the GR Lobby until I discoverd the All Seeing Eye. The constant spamming, profanity and racial slurs just wore on me. I would not even consider using the lobby (unless it was the ONLY way) unless there is some admins there, or filters or something.

As far as a dedicated server? There were more game hosting companies that did not host the game then did, from what I heard from the ones that didn't it was a resource hog and was not user friendly.

I thought that the GR1 in-game lobby/ready-room was fine as it is, but if I could add 2 things, these would be it....

1) More mission briefing space available, for more extensive briefings.

2) The ability to see what other team players are kitted with, both primary and secondary kits. This would make it a lot easier to visually confirm an entire team loadout before insertion, without having to remember what you assigned everyone with or getting them to confirm their kit back to you.

:thumbsup:

Yeah i think some of us are talking about diffrent things here. Whatn im talking about, was not the ingame waiting room, no, that was excellent. Absolutely perfect. It was the seperate program. The UBI Lobby. I would wait for that to load up, taking like 10 minutes, go through all the spam and ads and swearing at everyone to find someone to play with, finally get a game going, get it started up, have to load gr every time (which takes like 5 minutes) only tto learn that it wont get off the connecting screen, only to repeat the whole process several times. For god's sake, id spend more time getting into games than playing. Just really ticked me off. Anyone ever played any of the diablo games or starcraft? Now THERES the PERFECT LOBBY! :drool:

Anyone ever played any of the diablo games or starcraft? Now THERES the PERFECT LOBBY! :drool:
GRIN take note! Edited by element11

I don't even use the UBI lobbies since like 2003. too many foul mouthed people on there. so much that I'd have to have a roll of toilet paper handy to wipe the crap off my monitor(being sarcastic).

But I use Xfire which has evolved over the last year or so. good product.

The lobby within GR1 was/is sufficient. Tell me the map, gametype how many people are on the server...I'm good to go then.

Hey, this might be a little late for suggestions, but BF2's newest update made a change to the server browser so that when you click on a server and highlight it, it immediately sends a request to the server and updates that server's info -- number of players, map, ping, etc.

It's incredibly convenient not to have to reload the whole server list to see if a slot has opened up.

ALL server browsers should have this function.

--Logos